Author Topic: Lindy Darter  (Read 6052 times)

Offline venom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On Ah Fish "N" Mission
Lindy Darter
« on: Oct 15, 2009, 06:11 PM »
 Has anyone picked up any of these for the ice this year? I just got a a few today the little perch ones about an inch long and the finish on them is awesome rattle as well. Just something new to try on the ice this year.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Lindy Darter
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I have not seen the Lindy darter is it similar to the salmo chubby darter

Offline bobb-o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team IceAult
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Alot different that the salmo chubby's. Got one this past weekend at Hunter's Point during a gtg through another forum. The Lindy Darters come in several different holographic finishes. and one of the toughest top coats i have ever seen. They also have a flat belly on the bottom which gives them a much different action on the fall than any other lures in the same category. They also have a rattle chamber inside that sounds amazing. Cant wait to get mine out on the ice. I am thinking it is gonna be huge for walleyes, and cant wait to use the 1 1/3" size for crappies and bluegills.
IBOT Minister of Information

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2009, 07:34 PM »
This is the first I'm hearing about them. Might have to try one. http://www.lindyfishingtackle.com/productdetail.aspx?id=lindydarter The rattle should be a big plus.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2009, 07:39 PM »
They look interesting I will give them a shot, can have worse luck then I have with the chubbys

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2009, 09:19 PM »
 Website is Outta Stock! Must be fast movers, anyone track sum down?

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2009, 10:05 PM »
picked up two of them last weekend at my local cabelas i got the red tail and the perch and i am gonna stop in tommoro and get the rest of the colors! these things are great.
EK

Offline venom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On Ah Fish "N" Mission
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2009, 08:48 AM »
I know I am going to get some more today I like them alot and I like the salmo chubby darters as well but I think lindy toped them with this one hands down.

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2009, 03:01 PM »
Looks the same as a chubby darter to me, same length 1 1/3. differant finish

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2009, 03:21 PM »
look the same but the lindy has rattles! more noise= more calling fish!
EK

Offline bobb-o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team IceAult
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2009, 08:24 PM »
rottweiler i know Reeds sporting goods had some and i think you can get them from their website, otherwise you should be able to order them right from Lindy.

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2009, 11:17 PM »
thorne bros has a mess of em to!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2009, 10:02 AM »
rottweiler i know Reeds sporting goods had some and i think you can get them from their website, otherwise you should be able to order them right from Lindy.
TY Bobb-0 , I found 3 colors at FISH USA for less $ than the Lindy site which is always OUTTA STOCK and expensive to boot.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2009, 04:51 PM »
I got one Lindy Darter to try in a bucket of water.  Was watching it and it has a slower sink rate compared the the Chubby Darter.  It also has a wide wobble/wiggle as it swims away on the fall.  I sure like the rattle chamber in it.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Cabela's '09 Winter Sports catalog, page 112, has seven patterns in three sizes @ $5.99  each of the Lindy Darter.   Good Luck

Tom

Offline bobb-o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team IceAult
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Hey slipperybob, good to see i am not the only one playing with mine in a bucket. The fall rate on these is a lot slower than you would think looking at them, i have a feeling that will trigger a lot of strikes. Also that flat belly gives them a really cool wobble on the fall. Now if i could just get some ice now!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Every jigs, spoons, and minnow shaped baits will have their own sweet jigging technique.  Can't just show up on the ice hole and expect to catch fish without some practice.  I practice my plastics like that to determine how to impart certain actions.  The only one I didn't need practice was the Bro Bloodworm.  (I was tempted to set the Ice Cube up and put the bucket of water in it.)

I found that the Lindy Darter can go either direction and you can impart the control on it.  Unlike the Salmo Chubby Darter it goes one direction and pretty much just that direction.  I'm unable to change direction on it at command.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline David Barber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:07 AM »
The Lindy website is "out of stock" because everything they got has been going to retailers... and at that.. flying off the shelves!  These are BRAND NEW this year! 

They are quite a bit different than the Salmo's.  the foil/holographic finish is just unreal.  You have to see it to believe it.  They have a brass rattle chamber and come in 3 sizes (and 7 different patterns to REALLY imitate natural forage found in lakes and other waterways).

Best part is... MOST retailers are selling them for 5.99.  Fleet Farm, Reeds, Cabelas, etc.  You SHOULDN'T see them for more than 5.99.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Cabelas has a few pattern/sizes but are backordered on the rest. They require ya to backorder 3 of any pattern in order to add ya to backorder list. I don`t need 3 of each size and color, so I`ll go elsewhere. Good job Cabelas.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #19 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:42 AM »
The BPS in Toronto had a large selection so I grabbed up a few. I think they where also priced better the the chubby

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Cabelas has a few pattern/sizes but are backordered on the rest. They require ya to backorder 3 of any pattern in order to add ya to backorder list. I don`t need 3 of each size and color, so I`ll go elsewhere. Good job Cabelas.

I tried ordering some Lindy Rattlin Flyers over the weekend that are marked as on sale.  Same deal.. had to order FOUR of a pattern to be added to backorder.  One of the reasons I shop Cabelas over BassPro is BP seems like they are always out of stock on things I want/need.  It looks like Cabelas is heading down the same path.

I'm gonna start throwing every dollar I can at our board sponsors and my local shops and make BP and Cabelas my last resort.

-Jeff

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2009, 11:18 AM »
I tried ordering some Lindy Rattlin Flyers over the weekend that are marked as on sale.  Same deal.. had to order FOUR of a pattern to be added to backorder.  One of the reasons I shop Cabelas over BassPro is BP seems like they are always out of stock on things I want/need.  It looks like Cabelas is heading down the same path.

I'm gonna start throwing every dollar I can at our board sponsors and my local shops and make BP and Cabelas my last resort.

-Jeff
Rgr that, Walmart is useless now also. Maybe all three are doing thier part for the economy?!?! By providing a nicht for the small bait/tackle shop to fill. Bad for them, good for the lil guy. I will follow suit with Jeff and spend elsewhere, when I can.
Allready found a place that caters to IceGuys in Greenland NH, called Suds n Soda (variety/huntfish). I had been going there for bait (now I trap my own) and liked the service . I support them instead!

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2009, 11:41 AM »
picked up a couple yesterday...really like the look and rattle of them, but does anyone else think the hooks need replaced for something a little higher quality? (the smallest size had 3X strong bronze hooks)

Offline FishUSA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Questions/Comments for FishUSA
« Reply #23 on: Nov 12, 2009, 08:52 AM »
We have them in stock in limited colors.  If they are popular we will offer more colors in the near future.

http://www.fishusa.com/Lindy-Darter-Lures_p.html
FishUSA
America's Tackle Shop
6960 W. Ridge Rd.
Fairview, PA 16415

800.922.1219 (toll free)

[email protected] (e-mail)

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 12, 2009, 03:13 PM »
We have them in stock in limited colors.  If they are popular we will offer more colors in the near future.

Yes and at a better price also. There is another thread on the Lindy Darter , an older thread, and I posted there as to availability thru yer site. We like to support the supporters , so to speak. They do look good and are catching plenty of fishermen, we will see if they catch as many fish!

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Got out on the ice today for the first time this year.  Decided a Perch lindy darter was gonna be the go-to lure.

Saw one fish on the camera - a small pike.  It came up and nosed the lure.  I gave a couple quick twitches, and it backed of about 2 or 3', and started at the hook for maybe 30 seconds.  Another couple twitches, and it slammed the bait.  Hooked the top lip really nice.

As far as an assessment of the bait goes, it darts nicer than a chubby darter, but it doesn't have as much wiggle on the fall as a chubby does.  It also doesn't hang quite horizontal like I would like when you have it motionless.  It's a little bit tail heavy.  I like the rattle though, and I could faintly hear it in 15 fow.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2009, 05:39 PM »
it darts nicer than a chubby darter, but it doesn't have as much wiggle on the fall as a chubby does

I also noticed it does not have the same action on the up-swing either...much smoother then the Chubby. It took a while to get use to, when I would jig it, i kept thinking it was tangled as there was no thumping action like you get with the Chubby Darter. I like the Lindy's action in the water better then the chubby

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2009, 05:45 PM »
If you want thumping on the up-stroke, tie on a rapala rattlin' rap.  They're all over the place.  They're probably my favorite jigging crankbait.  A little unconventional, but they're awesome.  You can get some pretty tiny ones too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.