Author Topic: Marmish Rods...  (Read 2441 times)

Offline walleyehawger

• IceShanty Rookie
Marmish Rods...
« on: Jan 27, 2009, 11:58 AM »
I recieved my first rod from Mamish today.  I have to admit that I had a really hard time containing my laugh when I opened the package.  Looks like a kids toy!!  I can see though that it will be an effective tool in the arsenal.  I purchased the Max rod and have a few questions.  First, is the blank on the regular rod any stiffer?  What line test ratings do you generally stick to with it?  I was planning on using 2lb P-Line flouro.  Finally, the stike indicator that comes on the Max rod seems extremely light.  What kind of jigs are you using with it.  At first look I think that i will have to swap it out immediately as it looks like it would have a hgrd time fishing a bare hook/single spike combo lol!

Thanks

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marmish Rods...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2009, 03:41 PM »
you would fish some of the marmish jigs the wt that your springbobber is designed for
go to there website for a look at the recomended jigs and other info

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2009, 03:46 PM »
The blank on the regular Marmish rod is a lot thicker and stiffer. I'd say the 2lb. line is fine, I have 2lb. P-Line Fluroclear on one of my Marmish rods and it works great. The pink strike indicator is the lightest and what I use most of the time. The #1 Pink spring works perfect for the #1 marmish jigs, small lead jigs and really tiny tungsten jigs. The #2 green spring works good for mid size tungsten jigs, larger head lead jigs (#10 & #12 marmooskas) and the #2 Marmish jigs. I have a few different spring weights for different jig weights/sizes.

https://www.marmish.ca/shop/items.html?type=4

Offline walleyehawger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2009, 05:39 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I had purchased several extra strike indicators with the thought that they would be interchangeable.  I was disappointed to find out hat they will not work on the Max rod.  I wish that information would have been clearly stated on their website.  I probably would have opted for the regular rod as it seems that it would be more versatile with concern to jig weights.  The indicator on the Max rod is extremely light, and has no recommended weights for use listed.  Again,  they could be a bit more clear about this on the website.

Thanks Again

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:09 PM »
I don't have the Max Rods. I have two regular rods and have always wanted to get a Max but never ordered one. It never really dawned on me that the SB wasn't changable but I'm shure it would be fine for the #1 Marmish jigs.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:54 PM »
all right fine, you got me, as soon as i have enough money i'll buy a marmish rod, and stock up on jigs, the buy a box for them.

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:59 PM »
i do alot of perch and walleye fishing, how do these rods hold up to walleye???

Offline big game hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:00 PM »
if you do hook a fish how do you reel in the line and is there a drag system
Lets Go Fishing

Offline 7gjed73q

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2009, 01:40 PM »
There is no drag like on a spinning reel. You can however slow down how much line a fish is stripping off by slightly squeezing the reel. You don't reel in the fish. You hand-line the fish. The rod is only to rpesent tiny jigs in a proper manner and to show you when they bite.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.