Author Topic: Mitt outter shell recommendations  (Read 1511 times)

Offline walpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mitt outter shell recommendations
« on: Dec 30, 2017, 01:46 PM »
I’m going to buy these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V596O0/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_iZ-rAbAK8GY91

Wondering if anyone had recommendations on an outter liner to fit over them? Amazon reviews aren’t helpful, I don’t think.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Mitt outter shell recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:03 PM »
Walpy the Outdoor Research Revel shell mitts or similar product would be a good match to the rag wool mittens . You want taped seams in the shell mitts to help prevent water seeping in through seams ,waterproof/breathable fabric is also nice feature. Check for Outdoor research's website might find a better price them Amazon. Also there is a Company called Campmor out of Paramus,NJ. that sells equipment for hiker/backpckers who used to carry Outdoor research's products. O.R. also makes fleece mittens in different weight that fit inside the shell mitts. I own a low end pair of the shell mitts seams are not taped used for Winter hiking/snowshoeing . the cords on shells also go around forearms to prevent loosing them to wind when you take shell-mitten combo off to due something with your hands like changing a jig.

Here is a hyperlink to Campmor  www.campmor.com I've purchased items from Campmor for around 30 years well respected company in NYC  area.

Steve

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:43 PM »
+1 on Outdoor Research.  I have a pair of their shells with dense fleece liner mitts and they are wonderful; waterproof, light, and warm.

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline NewportMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:41 AM »
unlined leather chopper mitts

should be able to grab at renys

Bruce

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com