Author Topic: Tilcon Lake - Allamuchy SP  (Read 6133 times)

Offline Vwtroutman

• IceShanty Rookie
Tilcon Lake - Allamuchy SP
« on: Mar 05, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Anyone have success at Tilcon Lake?
Is there anything in there besides Pickerel?

Offline fishsammich

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tilcon Lake - Allamuchy SP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2011, 12:15 PM »
To my knowledge not much is there.  From what I know, it's all about Hopatcong State Park.

Ask russianbear, he's got the pictures to prove it!

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2011, 04:08 PM »
the ranger at stevens told me its got bass and pickeral and that the state did a trial stocking of trout to see if they would take have never fished it yet been wanting to one guy on this site ice fished it and said he gets big bass

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:03 PM »
My brother hit it last weekend and didn't do much at all there in the am. He heard that guys out there in the pm did well but I think it was mostly Pickerel.

Offline knot2crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2011, 08:05 PM »
My brother hit it last weekend and didn't do much at all there in the am. He heard that guys out there in the pm did well but I think it was mostly Pickerel.
Who gets arounds more you or your brother? lol.... The place has way too many pickerel. I just happened to hit it ;) the day or the day after the trial stocking of Trout. I saw approx. 15 small trout about 5 - 6 inch where they were dumped in swimming at the edge of shore. Just happened to catch a pickerel that had one of the newly stoked trout half way down its throat.  Highly unlikely any will survive due to the size and number of pickerel in there ! >:( >:(

Offline perchskinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2011, 08:48 AM »
Too many pickeral in there but there is even more herring than anything, plenty of bait to support trout growth only the strong survive, there is great water quality in there, I hope they keep it car top , that will keep all the lazy fisherman out ;D

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Who gets arounds more you or your brother? lol.... The place has way too many pickerel. I just happened to hit it ;) the day or the day after the trial stocking of Trout. I saw approx. 15 small trout about 5 - 6 inch where they were dumped in swimming at the edge of shore. Just happened to catch a pickerel that had one of the newly stoked trout half way down its throat.  Highly unlikely any will survive due to the size and number of pickerel in there ! >:( >:(

Prolly my bro!!   :roflmao: :clap: :woot: :whistle:

Offline Paul N Skill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2011, 02:02 PM »
I'm not familiar with that lake. Is it off of Waterloo Road?  Also can you fish off the shoreline or need a boat?

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2011, 08:06 PM »
you can fish shore line its across from the model air plane field on bell road it runs along waterlou but acess is tougher and them dump trucks fly thru kicking up rocks that will bounce off your truck or car you can park by the gate but dont block it and its weedy till you get to the lake expect ticks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.