Author Topic: jiffy pro 4 lite blade issue?  (Read 834 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
jiffy pro 4 lite blade issue?
« on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:44 PM »
i have a jiffy pro 4 lite,i think the auger is bent or am i missing something.the chipper blade does not lay flat on a file the 2 outside edges are raised ever so slighlty,and the auger it self tight up agaist locking fastener. anyone help solve this?
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: jiffy pro 4 lite blade issue?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:53 PM »
I have the exact same auger, I'll look in the morning if you haven't gotten a good answer by then.
At work until 3:30 a.m  Maybe figure something out.
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:56 PM »
I have the exact same auger, I'll look in the morning if you haven't gotten a good answer by then.
At work until 3:30 a.m  Maybe figure something out.
thank you.gettin off in time for the first lite bite
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:59 PM »
Yes sir.
Just cant talk my fishing partner into heading out at that time of the morning. Lol
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2019, 09:23 AM »
If I understand this correctly, that is common. The cutting teeth in the middle of the blade do not contact the file as much as the outer ones do. Concentrate on keeping the blade flat on the file, easier when blade is off the drill. Keep in mind that the portion of the tooth that cuts is the very tip. The very tip of all the teeth should show signs of being filed while sharpening, if not, then keep filing til they do. This actually may be by design to allow "relief" for materials being cut to escape. Don't be afraid to file the upper edge as well, just keep the same angle that is currently there, providing that is the correct angle. Sometimes I mark the teeth with a sharpie marker to make sure I'm at the proper angle. From my experience, if you keep the proper angle when filing you won't do any harm to your blades, this includes the pilot point as well, which I like to file parallel to the cutting edge in short strokes and not filing perpendicular to it. Hope this helps.
It must be something in the water.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:42 PM »
If I understand this correctly, that is common. The cutting teeth in the middle of the blade do not contact the file as much as the outer ones do. Concentrate on keeping the blade flat on the file, easier when blade is off the drill. Keep in mind that the portion of the tooth that cuts is the very tip. The very tip of all the teeth should show signs of being filed while sharpening, if not, then keep filing til they do. This actually may be by design to allow "relief" for materials being cut to escape. Don't be afraid to file the upper edge as well, just keep the same angle that is currently there, providing that is the correct angle. Sometimes I mark the teeth with a sharpie marker to make sure I'm at the proper angle. From my experience, if you keep the proper angle when filing you won't do any harm to your blades, this includes the pilot point as well, which I like to file parallel to the cutting edge in short strokes and not filing perpendicular to it. Hope this helps.

Doing it this way works great, and as long as you dont drill into a rock...you can get a lifetime out of a set of blades. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:05 PM »
Doing it this way works great, and as long as you dont drill into a rock...you can get a lifetime out of a set of blades.
oops was fishing shallow and struck bottom ouch!  sent for new blades got 5 years otta these ones thanks for the replies
GOD BLESS
mo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.