The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Just booked Zippel bay. First LOW trip.  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
Just booked Zippel bay. First LOW trip.
« on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:17 PM »
There’s so many different resorts to choose from on LOW. Coming from Iowa. I had one picked out then changed everyday for 3 consecutive day. Chose zippel cause of the igloo bar. Something different. Hope we catch fish cause taking my dad and brother on their first sleeper shack trip. Neither one has any ice fishing gear.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Just booked Zippel bay. First LOW trip.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:09 AM »
Have not fished with them in the winter but have done it in the summer.  You should do well - and you are going to enjoy their facilities! 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:19 AM »
I went thru Zippel Bay a couple years ago. My wife and I had a great time. We had a sleeper house in shallow water (15ft) for the early and late bite and also had a deeper house for the mid day bite (30+ft). The Igloo bar was on the road between both houses so we had to stop by  :thumbsup:

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2018, 07:11 AM »
I went thru Zippel Bay a couple years ago. My wife and I had a great time. We had a sleeper house in shallow water (15ft) for the early and late bite and also had a deeper house for the mid day bite (30+ft). The Igloo bar was on the road between both houses so we had to stop by  :thumbsup:

Did they let you just go to the day house during the day? They never said anything to us about that. Was it extra?

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:32 AM »
There is a package shown on their website, 2 fish house package. It does cost more than getting just a sleeper house but I felt it was worth it. The bite in our shallow water house was pretty consistent just as the sun came up for about an hour and a half and then the last hour of the day until about 30min past sunset. So we fished the deep water house from 9AM to 3PM

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Keep in mind Zippel is a very busy resort, don't expect too much in terms of customer service. That's not a knock on them, just the way it can be.

WS

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Keep in mind Zippel is a very busy resort, don't expect too much in terms of customer service. That's not a knock on them, just the way it can be.

WS

Thanks for the info. Gonna call tomorrow and make sure I get the day shack during the day too. Just a little scared there won’t be ice first week of March up there.

Offline DWinMN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:13 AM »
A lot of years they are still driving on the lake in April.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:25 AM »
They will def have ice this year in march. I don't know if u have one but u may need an auger extension at this time. Last march when we where there had about 2in to spare with my jiffy pro 4. Lol. U will have a great time. Def. take your portables if the fish are not in your house don't be afraid to move. My friends sat almost 2 days in that house instead of going with me with only a hand full of fish. I had great fishing for 2 days on the third they finally went with me and the got all there fish by noon.  Mark :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.