The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173618 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #750 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Just moved from the Duluth Area to the So. Metro area.  Great to see so many enthusiasts in the area.

Welcome! I am in the southern twin cities as well.  The fishing isn't quite like up north but there are still alot of opportunities. Adding a general location will help if you have questions in the future.

Offline USA Ice Team

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing - not a hobby, a way of life.
« Reply #751 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Finally gave up on the Fishing Minnesota/HSO Ice fishing forums after the latest breakup (again.) Decided to spend more time here instead. Anoka County, if it is not an NAIFC tournament weekend you'll find me on Mille Lacs, Linwood, East and West Rush, Knife, Chisago, South Lindstrom, and other area lakes in Anoka/Kanabec/Isanti/Aitkin/Mille Lacs counties. Always willing to meet up with someone and wet a line together. I work in the fishing industry, so every trip out to the ice is a business meeting/writeoff ;)  :tipup:
USAngling https://usangling.com/
USA Ice Team: http://www.usaiceteam.org/

Pro Staff:
Lucky John USA http://www.luckyjohn.info
Norfin USA http://www.norfin.info
DH Custom Rods & Tackle http://www.dhcustomrods.com/

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau

Offline shortyslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #752 on: Dec 17, 2016, 12:04 PM »
Hi I'm Jeff. Ice fished all my life new to forums.

Offline Claymation

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #753 on: Dec 18, 2016, 08:22 AM »
Hey fellas, Clayton here. From Minneapolis, wanting to really get into hard water fishing this year, didn't have much luck last year. Hoping after this cold snap the ice should be good to go most anywhere!

Offline redgut56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #754 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Name's Ben, and I fish Canadian side of Rainy(hence the username), east metro lakes, and any lake trout body of water I can get into.  I have been ice fishing a couple of years, but not real hard due to young kids.

Offline FishFinder87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #755 on: Dec 21, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm from the Winona area and if i could live on hard water i would. Been Ice fishing 13 years.(Since I could Drive) Looking to expand my horizons and get around the midwest. Glad to be on and have a Merry Christmas!  :)

Offline Bigdaddyb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #756 on: Dec 26, 2016, 01:07 PM »
I'm Bryan

Offline Bigdaddyb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #757 on: Dec 26, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Mostly fish big stone

Offline Bigdaddyb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #758 on: Dec 26, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Perch and walleyes

Offline Bigdaddyb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #759 on: Dec 26, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Interested in posts on cordless drill auger setups

Offline Bigdaddyb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #760 on: Dec 26, 2016, 01:10 PM »
That's the 5 th one ready to go!

Offline bwcafishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #761 on: Dec 26, 2016, 05:30 PM »
New to the site and I live in Minnetonka, MN.  I fish west metro lakes and sometimes around the Deerwood area where my Mom lives.   Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Offline Trapper61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #762 on: Dec 27, 2016, 08:34 AM »
Hi,
Chris from southern MN.  Been ice fishing for over 20 years mainly fairbault and Mankato area.

Offline gotalunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #763 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:57 PM »
looking forward to checking everything out.  I've been loitering for a few years, but now I'm a member.  yay!
Luke Schumann
Owner | Chill 'N' Audio

Excellence can be attained if you:
  • - Care more than others think is wise.
  • - Risk more than others think is safe.
  • - Dream more than others think is practical.
  • - Expect more than others think is possible.

• Offline Brau

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #764 on: Dec 28, 2016, 10:29 AM »
    Good morning. My name is Brandon. Born and raised in SE MN near Rochester. I am looking forward to getting back into ice fishing after a short break.

Offline Paco1999

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #765 on: Dec 28, 2016, 11:03 AM »
    Tim from Minneapolis. Mostly ice fishing the twin cities

Offline WestArm

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #766 on: Dec 28, 2016, 11:08 PM »
    Dean from WestArm on Lake Minnetonka.  First season living on the lake.  Looking to make some memories on the ice, starting tomorrow.

Offline RBrooks11

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #767 on: Jan 03, 2017, 08:59 PM »
    Hi, my name is Andrea! I am mom to a 15 year old son who has newly expressed interest in ice fishing. We are totally clueless!!! I picked him up an Eskimo 949i, sled, hand auger, a few things of tackle, and a pole for Christmas/birthday thinking I had the basics covered... Went out twice and caught nothing :(  So, I am doing some research and asking any and all for advice. Riley has aspergers and is very shy until you really get to know him so I am doing the asking for him so he doesn't lose interest out of frustration. We fish on Waconia!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
    « Reply #768 on: Jan 04, 2017, 04:18 AM »

Welcome Andrea and Riley

You are in some excellent company with vast knowledge and experiences. Don't hesitate to ask questions or even PM members if it's more to your liking. It sounds like Riley is well outfitted with equipment, now we need to help him get some fish! :thumbsup:

Make sure and put Minnesota on your profile so when inquiring within the different forums other members know where you are from ;)2

Offline borg0196

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #769 on: Jan 04, 2017, 09:06 AM »
    Hi everyone, I have been on this site off an on for a while now. Don't think I have ever posted in this section though. I am in Mendota Heights and fish in and around the metro area. I have done some stocking work with the DNR and still have a couple of contacts there, so I fish where they tell me to or I go out and fish a lot of smaller metro lakes. I am currently 33 and have been ice fishing since I was 6, I will let you do the math! I love donating my time and sometimes goods to people starting out, so if you know of any events or people in need give me a shout out. I have worked with several organizations and companies so I can sometimes get a hold of stuff.

Offline Glenfiddich

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #770 on: Jan 07, 2017, 05:04 AM »
    Hello, just ran across the site while looking, what to look for in  a rod and reel to purchase for ice fishing.  I've not ice fished for nearly 35 years (w/Boy Scouts) as a child.  Mainly fished from shore, canoe, pontoon, dock.  I have always enjoyed fishing.  Due to my job always gone, and not taking time off to fish I have missed out on a lot of life/enjoyment. 
    I've been invited to an outing this winter to ice fish.  Looking forward to this, just am quite clueless in ice fishing...the what, how, type, etc... of a rod, reel, lures and the whole sha-bang!  Live in Southwest MN.  Was told I believe somewhere near Bemidji area.  I know a lot of lakes there.  Said they have 2 to 6 man "houses" on the lake for our use. 
    This is why I happened across your site via Google search.  Read some of the feeds on what others have purchased and used, and their suggestions.  Thank you to all of the answers to the question which was posted.  I looked on the "For Sale" and did not see too many rods / reels which were for sale.

Would any sports store be a good place to look for rods/reels.
    Thank you for your time...

Offline Linganator1

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #771 on: Jan 07, 2017, 03:12 PM »
    Welcome to IceShanty Glenfiddich!
     Not sure where you will be traveling from, but if time permits stopping in Bemidji to outfit yourself might be a good choice.  Fleet supply, Gander Mtn, Tabors Bait and others have what you might be looking for here in Bemidji. 

Offline Linganator1

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #772 on: Jan 07, 2017, 03:19 PM »
    A bit apout me
    Long time lurker on ice shanty, recently moved to Bemidji area. Looking forward to more ice time.
      As nickname implies I enjoy fishing for Ling (or eelpout as they are refered to up here).

Offline BadAtFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #773 on: Jan 09, 2017, 02:06 PM »
    I'm James, college student in the cities.  Not very new to ice fishing but starting to get much more into it than before.  I like to fish for northern and walleye, and would really like to get into some trout. 

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
    « Reply #774 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:03 PM »
    Welcome James! Trout opener is this weekend, the 14th!!  :thumbsup:
    Several stocked lakes around the TC, they get fished out pretty fast though fyi.

Offline shawnfromplymouth

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #775 on: Jan 13, 2017, 01:30 PM »
    Hello,

Shawn from Plymouth. Fish mostly for eyes and crappies. Medicaine lake and travel north for eyes.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
    « Reply #776 on: Jan 13, 2017, 02:50 PM »
    Welcome to the 'Shanty!  Enjoy the ride here - you can find an answer to just about anything here. 
    I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Kit_B

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #777 on: Jan 18, 2017, 08:44 AM »
    Hi everyone...I'm Kit, in Maple Grove.
    I've been ice fishing, since the earliest age I can remember.
    I grew up fishing the Grand Rapids area & moved to the metro, a couple decades back.
    I mainly fish Eagle, Medicine, Mille Lacs & a few others.
    Just got back from LOTW, Sunday & had an amazing time, with a great group of 11 friends.

Since I have 2 small sons, I don't get as many chances to get out as I would like...
    But, that is all starting to change, as they grow & get more into fishing.
    They each have their own flashers, that I got (cheaply) on ebay & it helps keep them a lot more interested.
    I'm hoping to get them out, this weekend.
    With any luck, there won't be too much water on the ice.

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #778 on: Jan 18, 2017, 10:43 AM »
    Hi everyone...I'm Kit, in Maple Grove.
    I've been ice fishing, since the earliest age I can remember.
    I grew up fishing the Grand Rapids area & moved to the metro, a couple decades back.
    I mainly fish Eagle, Medicine, Mille Lacs & a few others.
    Just got back from LOTW, Sunday & had an amazing time, with a great group of 11 friends.

Since I have 2 small sons, I don't get as many chances to get out as I would like...
    But, that is all starting to change, as they grow & get more into fishing.
    They each have their own flashers, that I got (cheaply) on ebay & it helps keep them a lot more interested.
    I'm hoping to get them out, this weekend.
    With any luck, there won't be too much water on the ice.

Welcome aboard Kit
    If your every in south central mn Hit me up . :tipup:
    Fish all you can.

Offline frayedknot

• IceShanty Rookie
    « Reply #779 on: Jan 18, 2017, 04:36 PM »
    Hello my name is Terry Allen, nick name is frayedknot, I love fishing and duck hunting,camping and snowmobiling as far as the fishing goes i fish hard water as much as soft water. I work at a local city as a maintenance man so the snow controls when I get to ice fish. I have 5 kids 4 love to fish as much i do and the grand kids love it also  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
    Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
    © 1996- Iceshanty.com
    All Rights Reserved.