New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga Lake (BS)  (Read 220047 times)

Offline lakeview

• IceShanty Rookie
Great Sacandaga Lake (BS)
« on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:44 PM »
does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the ice thickness and how far off shore are you. just want to be safe. thanks guys.

Offline Joe Snag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just Waiting for Deer season to open
Re: Great Sacandaga Lake (BS)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2010, 05:42 AM »
I just got an email from a buddy at Northampton area,9" and thats out a couple 100 yards..
[

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2010, 06:15 AM »
I fished near batchlerville bridge on Sun. 6" of solid black ice, fished lakeside drive on Monday near beacon island same.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:09 AM »
I'm go in to the south end of the lake where i have access off of lakeview rd. Does anyone know the depth of warter in and around those islands out there. Have any of you fished that part of the lake and if so how did ya make out???Thanks for any info.

Offline lakeview

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:17 AM »
yes there's a channel that runs between the islands. you might still be albe to see the water markers still. good luck. let me know how much ice is out there. thanks

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:01 AM »
I was out there monday. 6" of ice. depth of water varys around beacon island, close to shore 5ft  to 10ft deep and drops to 20 to 25 ft. in the channel. caught one eye 17"

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Heading out tomorrow morning fro some early morning fishing probably around sport or north hampton. If anyone wants to go send me a private message.
J3W

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2010, 04:59 PM »
was out near scout from 10-5pm and only one flag = 15" eye, between two guys.  was out on sunday from 6:30-noon with 3 guys, 4 flags = 2 big perch.  8" of black ice, no snow on the lake at all.  not a good start to the season on the "dead sea".  we need a couple of inches of snow to cover the ice!

Offline harobmx2004

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:22 AM »
thanks for all the info , i will be heading out tommrorw morning!
FLAAGG!!!.......just kidden....

Offline matthewwood25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:28 PM »
hopefully i will be out there soon

Offline ratdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:18 AM »
fished yesterday 2 eyes 1 keeper

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2010, 12:07 PM »
fished 6 am till 12 noon with 5 guys today, one dropped flag!!!!!  fished 8 foot to 25 foot of water.  I didn't think it would be possible for the lake to be worse than last year.  out of all the lakes in NY, why do I have to live on the dead sea?

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2010, 01:28 PM »
fished 6 am till 12 noon with 5 guys today, one dropped flag!!!!!  fished 8 foot to 25 foot of water.  I didn't think it would be possible for the lake to be worse than last year.  out of all the lakes in NY, why do I have to live on the dead sea?
Minnow, now you know why I don't always take your invite to join you guys on the Dead Sea.  But we know that the big ones are in there someplace.  Soon we will be at the right place at the right time and have to use tha gaff.

Offline lakeview

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:10 PM »
 i always hear about this lake being the dead sea, but i personally have always has pretty good luck. i don't hit home runs every time but all and all good fishing.

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:40 AM »
For sale items only in the proper section according to the rules set by the admin.
Sorry ratdog, will probably be pulled.

Offline TROPHYMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2011, 03:43 PM »
another good day on the sac fished 7am to 11am had about 15 flags and landed 4 fish one was really nice and i had a nice walleye lunch today i did keep just one for a eater

Offline Snowrd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Nice Job.

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:06 PM »
another good day on the sac fished 7am to 11am had about 15 flags and landed 4 fish one was really nice and i had a nice walleye lunch today i did keep just one for a eater

what were the other 3 you landed? and what happened to the other 11 flags?   

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:13 PM »
and better yet ..... WHERES THE PICS????

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:51 PM »
and better yet ..... WHERES THE PICS????
Why can't you just believe people are truthful? why does he have to prove anything? he said he caught them and I believe him. maybe he don't own a camera?

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2011, 06:47 AM »
Why can't you just believe people are truthful? why does he have to prove anything? he said he caught them and I believe him. maybe he don't own a camera?
who said nobody believes him??  I was wondering if the other 11 flags were just hit and dropped, i had a few of them the other day.  and pics are just to add to the post not for proof.

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:15 AM »
Dude chill out!   I questioned what the other flags were too....small fish, dropped, other species, etc.....

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:37 AM »
And we like pics!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:32 AM »
He had to have gotten the fish he reports.....the lake went down again...lol...it is dropping fast.....hunts2long
Northville, NY

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:42 AM »

Trophyman doesn't lie  ;D  .... i've personally watched him wail on the stripers as we drifted by   :tipup:
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline TROPHYMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:48 AM »
first THANK YOU SHIP OF FOOLS second i never bring a camera with me and if i knew how to post picks i would get the carcass of the one i brought home and post a pick of it most other flags were dropped one was stolen and two i missed don't know how i missed them the spool was going out but when i grab the line and set the hook nothing was their  also i am fishing a old stump field that has a lot of small bait in it and i use a hand held gps and always mark holes that produce in both walleye challenges me and my brother have weight fish but never got the money good luck to all

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Trophyman
I troll a stump field in the south end that is also loaded with fish but you loose a set up on almost every pass.I've got it on my GPS and plan on hitting it soon

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #27 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:24 PM »
I plan on heading out to the lake on Friday, I'm looking for a public access points along south shore road or further down 7 or even down 110 toward north broadalbin any help would be great. Thanks.

Offline Snowrd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Broadalbin boat launch.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:34 PM »
I plan on heading out to the lake on Friday, I'm looking for a public access points along south shore road or further down 7 or even down 110 toward north broadalbin any help would be great. Thanks.

Take Rt. 29 south, turn right on Little Rock Rd., it becomes Kurtz Rd., becomes Hatzenbutcher Rd, turn left on Lake View, look for the Broadalbin Town Launch. Or, take Rt. 29 to Fishhouse Rd. to the lake, turn right, north on 110, about a 1/4 of a mile, on the left is the Town of Providence Beach. Easy access & a porta potty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.