Author Topic: Culvers  (Read 815 times)

Offline Dead2fall

• IceShanty Rookie
Culvers
« on: Jan 11, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Anyone been on it yet? How much ice and where if so?

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Culvers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2014, 09:32 AM »
 I have friends there and was told ice is fine in the shallows. Watch yourself in the deep area. Also the lake was lowered this year for dam work. My favorite ice fishing destination. Lou

Offline Dead2fall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2014, 09:36 AM »
Yeah i knew about the dam. We generally stay by the shorelines anyhow.

Offline wallguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Isn't cuvers lake private? There is a piece of state property that touches the lake off of 206. The only reason I say I know guys that got chased off the lake for not having badges.

Offline tonyrad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gut pile.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2014, 01:26 PM »
You can't or should not cross private property without permission. If you get it, you should have a badge.

The old argument comes to mind, does the state control the water? If then what?

Access from public property should IMHO give you access.  Any legal eagles out there, chime in.

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2014, 02:57 PM »
Not a legal eagle but if the access is public land you can access even on a highway. If it's private and not posted you can access. A lakeside property ends at the waterline. You could land a plane onto Green Pond and fish. Saying that if the local police tell you to beat it then beat it. Why because the local tax payers  pay the police, Da and judges salery and you won't win and theres other places to fish.

Offline wallguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2014, 03:25 PM »
Not a legal eagle but if the access is public land you can access even on a highway. If it's private and not posted you can access. A lakeside property ends at the waterline. You could land a plane onto Green Pond and fish. Saying that if the local police tell you to beat it then beat it. Why because the local tax payers  pay the police, Da and judges salery and you won't win and theres other places to fish.
i think that if your on property that is not yours wether posted or not it is your responsibility to know where you are right? I know no one owns the water but if they want they can press charges and ruin your day or year. You get hurt on private property or if somthing wrong happens you forfeit all rights( your rights ). I tend to stay off where I don't have permission to go. A lot of people read what we say here. If someone posts yea go ahead it makes is look bad. I am just saying.

Offline Dead2fall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2014, 03:38 PM »
I have permission to fish there and owassa so all good on that front.

Offline wallguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2014, 03:58 PM »
Hey dead2fall have you ever got a hybrid out of there? It used to be a good trout lake then they stocked hybrids and the trout took a back seat. The reason why I said what I did was I had permission and was removed from the lake I was in my boat and without a sticker on the boat and badges no dice it was even a week day

Offline Dead2fall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2014, 04:29 PM »
Only ice fished it once, and none. Nasty wind on that lake would throw tips 50ft down the ice. But in the summer we have caught plenty of them. They stocked too many herring so they had a plankton problem, so the wipers went in to mash the herring is what i've heard. Never got a laker in there not sure if any are left.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.