Author Topic: Crappies  (Read 528 times)

Offline TallTony P

• IceShanty Rookie
Crappies
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:17 AM »
Anyone finding the crappies yet, if so, provide a little feedback such as weedbed edges, 7 ft water, ... Communication is the key to good fishing

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Crappies
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:35 AM »
A place i go to holds a good amount of crappies. Have not got any jumpo 15inchers yet but managed a few in the 12inch to 13 inch class. Fishing on drop offs in 12ft of water near sumerged rocks and a weed bed. I notice live bait is best. Some fatheads on a jig head usually pans out best
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Was over them yesterday in 15-18fow down 12ft to the bottem but with this low they might be higher.

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 01:13 PM »
when i fish the drop offs in about 12-13ft i keep the bait either mid way (about 6ft) or when in weed beds i will keep it just above the beds or if not it will be barley in them
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline TallTony P

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:46 PM »
thanks for the feedback, I an definitely fishing on weed edges in 12 to 15 ft of water this weekend day and night jigging. I an also trying out the magic preserve leeches on jigs to see if I get any reaction to something new. I was goign to try live leeches but form what I here they ball up in cold water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.