Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Okoboji  (Read 2401 times)

Axhandle

Okoboji
« on: Dec 20, 2003, 12:52 PM »
Fished the Triboji area this morning.  Caught some fish there late last year, but only 2 small gills today.  I did get to try out my new Marcum which was my main goal.  Lots of people on Big Spirit, but I don't know what, if anything was being caught.  Lots of people moving around.  It was pretty much 5 shacks coming on the ice as 5 shacks were heading off.  A few shacks at the grade, but there always seems to be.  The location is pretty convinient.  Anyone have any success today?    

Offline IOWA BASSER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass Fisherman at Heart - but I love the Hardwater
Re:Okoboji
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2003, 09:39 AM »
I only have two days of work left and i am off until Jan. 5 2004 - so I'll be heading up your way for some jumbo perch on big spirit right after x-mas - let us know what you hear or better yet how you do

GOOD LUCK ;D ;D
BASS WISHES AND TIGHT LINES !!

wallyfishing

Re:Okoboji
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2003, 07:18 AM »
Fished Big Spirit the 27th on buffalo run and templars not much going on. Caught a few perch and small wallys in about 20 ft.

Axhandle

Re: Okoboji
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2004, 09:21 PM »
Fished Miller's Bay on West Okoboji Saturday.  We saw a lot of bluegills and bass plus a few pike after moving for the 3rd time.  Fish were very finicky and wouldn't bite.  I finally dropped a #16 marmooska with a single wiggler down the hole and started catching fish.  We had to leave around 3:00.  I'm told the bite is late afternoon, but don't know for sure.  There is a ton of snow out there.  A few guys drove, but most pulled out from shore.  Watched a couple of guys get stuck 50 yards out, so we decided to walk.  Tried out my buddies new 3 man frabill.  It's pretty nice - lots of room.  However, dragging it 300 yds through 2 to 3 foot of snow wasn't a lot of fun.

stinky

Re: Okoboji
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2004, 08:19 PM »
 Hey guys haven't been to boji since last march usually fish emersons bay area. Keep some good post comeing I may get back there again before the winter is over.
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.