Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Warm Weather?  (Read 7401 times)

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
Re: Warm Weather?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 16, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Looks as if the temps will drop a little later next week. Lows in the teens ;D

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Talked to my friend in the Twin Cities today. Not good, ice not recommended to be on :( They have been having the same warm temps there also :%$#!: Was just out checking here and it doesn't look good, need to get it all melted and start over

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Drove up to DW just before dark. The lake is wide open very little ice. The area from the points west of the ramp to the beach has no ice. Dam area the same. Just a little wind and one more warm day. :o ;D Then freeze up hard for the holidays.

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Drove by Little Wall Lake tonight and saw one guy out about 75 yards from shore fishing by himself. He has more guts than me. A lot of the lake had water on the ice, it can't be to good.

Be safe out there!!
Crowbait :whistle:

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 16, 2006, 09:13 PM »
 :o ??? Guts has nothing to do with it. Alone on this ice, no way. Pit on hyway 17 and 30 bustin up bad , hallet pit west of boone 2/3 open west end, DW open. Little Wall can't be much better.

Offline Iceaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • let's try this spot...
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2006, 09:50 AM »
I'm moving to Bella Vista, AR in 6 weeks.  this "lack of ice(again)" is sure making the move easier.  My brother-in-law gets back from California in 4 days.  I promised him an ice fishing trip as soon as he gets back.  He is suffering from major lack of ice fishing deficiency.  Looks like we're going to Minnesota ;D.  Maybe the cold weather will snap 3"'s.  :-\  I went to Brushy last weekend.  Man I'm glad I did.  caught a bunch of dinks down by the bridge but I'll take it for now.   
Red screens......tight lines......

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Just checked KCCI forcast. Still only a low of 30 on Friday. Four day weekend and no ice. :'(

Offline Deadseafisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2006, 07:02 PM »
This morning I crossed the Mississippi at Marquette, saw about 15 vehicles parked between the bridges. There were about 25 people north of the highway fishing one slough. The sport's shop said that there were around 50 out there on Sat, never asked how they did though :-X

Offline IOWA BASSER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass Fisherman at Heart - but I love the Hardwater
« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2006, 09:35 AM »
there is still safe ice???? :o :o ---   I will be there this sat. :tipup:
BASS WISHES AND TIGHT LINES !!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Made it over to Farmers Beach today.  Ice was holding up suprisingly well at 8 inches.  Dont understand why people aren't getting their shacks back out? Maybe this weekend..... ;D

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Did you do any good at Clear Lake???

Offline walleyekelly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Was at the Muscatine dam (on the Mississippi) on Sunday morning and caught 5 keeper walleyes and released a fat 22.5 incher.
CrappieBuster--- Will you please keep us posted on the ice conditions on Clear Lake and if anything is being caught. Was surprised to hear 8inches in spots at Farmers Beach. I leave the Quad Cities Thursday and stop in Hampton before I head to dads in Okoboji/Spirit Lake. I've had it planned for months, that is I have 2.5 weeks set aside for icefishing there, but as we all know the ice is grim. Wouldn't mind making a short stop on my way through if there is a little action.  Thank ya!

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:07 AM »
With the temps yesterday not being very warm and with as cold as it got last night it should have been some good ice making weather!!  I am hoping to get out on Clear Lake this next weekend also!  A guy I work with got a couple of eyes and come yellow bass last week off of farmers beach.  Hopefully these cold nights make some ice for us!!!

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Like the pic Iceman. Can't take much more of the open water myself. Not beating my head on the wall. Just staring at the unopened order of jigs on my desk for hours at a time. ???  :'(

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:31 AM »
Can you drive down to Farmers to walk out?  Weve always gone from McIntosh, but I doubt whether anyone would want to cross the channel.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 20, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Yes you are able to park at farmers and walk out.  Just look for the dead end sign and your golden.

Offline Carp-fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 20, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Just got off the phone with a bait shop in Clear Lake.  They said there is no walkable ice on the lake and alot of open water.  I was hoping there is ice, 'cause I'm coming to Webster City for Christmas...

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Dunno what theyve been smokin............  East end BAD west end GOOD.......
Someone else wanna chime in on this that lives in the area?

Im going in the morning over to farmers prolly gonna have to wear the slicker and goloshes. ;D

Offline IceHolio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:14 PM »
YEPPERS.... THAT BAITSHOP BUY MUST BE IN THE BOTTLE. THE ICE IS ABOUT 7-8 OR SO BY FARMERS. I AM LOOKING TO HAVE THE PERMANENT SHANTY OUT THIS WEEKEND. IF WE GET A FEW MORE INCHES WE WILL BE DRIVING SMALL CARS OUT.

:tipup:

STILL ITS BEEN A BAD YEAR ALL AROUND
PRAY FOR COLD WEATHER!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.