Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: FISHING SILVER LAKE[WORTH]  (Read 1669 times)

Madtrapper

FISHING SILVER LAKE[WORTH]
« on: Mar 27, 2004, 03:32 PM »
HI THERE ;D--WELL THE ICE IS GONE >:(--BUT WE HAVE OPEN WATER--WHERE UP SILVER IS A GOOD SPOT TO START ??? AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A MAP OF THE LAKE ---THANX---

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Diehard Chicago Bears Fan!
Re: FISHING SILVER LAKE[WORTH]
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2004, 08:14 PM »
For a map of the lake go to Walmart, they have a book that has topo maps of all the lakes in the state of Iowa.  About $20 and well worth the money.  They even have all the small public ponds.

FYI this winter the oxygen level was down to 1.  This was tested just out from the boat ramp on the south side by the aerators.  We are expecting a fish kill.

As for where to start on Silver Lake try the jetty on the south side of the lake.  In a couple of weeks you will have to fight people off to catch the yellow bellies (bullheads).  As for structure there basically is none.  It is a kidney bean shaped lake that is like a bowl.  6' deep max most is about 4'.  As for fish species, bullheads, perch (mostly small sorting required), a few northern.

Try if you want, I don't know if there is anything left alive.

Post if you catch anything.

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Diehard Chicago Bears Fan!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2004, 08:15 PM »
madtrapper where are you from?

Madtrapper

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:27 PM »
HI AGAIN ;D ----I live On State Line road North of Scarville  I bought my Grandson a new fishing pole [he's three]  Looking for a lake close to home --He was with when I got a 33 in. Northeren--HE'S HOOKED--ALL I HEAR IS GOING FISHIN WITH GRANDPA---I LOVE IT ;D--LOL---THANX FOR THE REPLY 8)----

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.