Author Topic: Frabill clothes but clam shack?  (Read 3722 times)

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
Frabill clothes but clam shack?
« on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:12 PM »
Who has this like me or vise versa clam suit frabill shack. Well I don't have a shack yet but I got a frabill suit and now I am looking for a nice one man flip over. I like the clam pro but don't wanna have a frabill suit and a clam shack I also like the frabill commando also though. I just think it will be weird. I am am kinda weird to so it might be ok :)

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Re: Frabill clothes but clam shack?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:56 PM »
You gotta remember what site you're on. Weird is as what weird does, I mean people look at me odd when I tell them I'm excited for the lakes to freeze over and fish on them and for your situation, I've always mixed and matched ice fishing brands, but more out of cost and not out of preference  ::) so no need to worry.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2012, 12:07 AM »
It's ice fishing, man. Not a fashion show.

Offline ak Laker hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2012, 12:22 AM »
well ur not a rep so pick what u like the best. They dont make a auger so dont feel weird when u use a eskimo or other .

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2012, 12:22 AM »
Clam flip over and Striker Hardwater bibs so far. The jacket will have to be at end of season sale, or Lotto winnings. lol

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline Balls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2012, 04:55 AM »
That's what I say.
Shut-up and Fish

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:29 AM »
If you started catching fish with a Ronald McDonald costume on and nobody else could you would see a new craze!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:39 AM »
It would be nice to be a loyal fan of one brand but it is ok not to. Just say no sometimes.

This does not apply to Sports clothing. You can not have a Denver Broncos Shirt and wear a Hated Raiders Hat.

And for some of you.  You can not wear a Packers Hat and then have on a Chicago Bears Shirt. According to Jim that is.
<===Lefty===

Offline Weatherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:41 AM »
I have a loyalty to ice fishing, not to one brand of ice fishing equipment,…  :)

Offline ckashner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:49 AM »
I wear a grey Frabill suit and just got a Shappell  FX100....I do have a Frabill cabin but the flip over after shopping and comparing I went with trhe Shappell....made in USA and was the light weight with biggest fishing area....We aren't on the ice yet so I've only set it up in the living room...I love my Frabill suit and am very sure I'm gonna love the FX 100....the fabric is also the most rugged at 600 denier

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:50 AM »
I wear my Katahdin snowmobile gear while fishing. Even when I'm walking!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:51 AM »

mix and match , i try and fit my needs, at one time i owned a frabil and a clam who cares the only ones that have to have all their ducks in a row are the pro staffers they all tell you theirs is the best, and we won't start worrying about you unless you join the[ RED HATS Society ] ;D

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:57 AM »
If your not a pro or a rep it don't matter what you wear as long as your warm !
Hard Ice

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:00 AM »
I have Otter Wild shelter, Frabill Suit (gray), and Ice armor Mitts. Don't care as long as I am warm, catching fish and having a good time.

Offline Crawdad28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:49 AM »
I kind of preferr to support them all. I have a clam tent, vexilar bibs, an eskimo auger, frabill components inside my tent, some eskimo folding chairs, and am looking for either a marcum or a hummingbird vex to play with to add to my vex. I buy whats practicle, works, and the best bang for the buck. I also like to support the companies who give me the best customer service..

Offline Bluegillin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2012, 08:02 AM »
I've got the Frabill suit, clap pro shanty, showdown fish finder, Vex camera, and nils auger.  My selection of these items were twofold; price and quality.
"I have this theory that the truth is never told during the nine to five hours" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2012, 08:13 AM »
i have so much gear.. i mix all the brands.striker lite ice suit,clam 2000,frabill commando and a new shapell widehouse  6500 on the way,marcum troller,vex fl8 and many strikemaster and jiffy augers.i dont stay brand loyal at all.have clam products in my frabill.doesnt matter.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Pro staffers and thier costumes  ::)

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:07 AM »
I have the ice armor suit in gray, a pop up in gray, a sled in slate gray. Gray looks nice on the ice but my get up was just coincidence hahah
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:11 AM »
If they are not sponsoring you who gives a rats @%&

Offline TrikerJohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:16 AM »
You should see some of the looks I get up in Minocqua, Wisconsin when I am wearing my Chicago Bears stocking cap >:(
Ice Fisherman are a different breed. We wear what keeps us warm and generally could care less about making a fashion statement. If it matters, I have a Frabill jacket and bibs, that I will be wearing in my Clam Scout as well as my Frabill Trekker when I am fishing 2 up.  Got a good deal on the suit and don't really care if it clashes with my Clam, I just want to stay WARM. Hard to concentrate on the bite if your teeth are chattering and just plain takes all the fun out of fishing. I doubt any fish will be unwilling to bite as far as what you are wearing, and that my friend is the bottom line. :tipup: TrikerJohn
I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it....

Offline anthony19941994

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:51 AM »
NOT AT ALL... It comes down to cost and quality to me. If i can buy a more quality anything for a better deal  u bet i am getting it no matter the brand.

Offline Tylercurt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2012, 08:49 PM »
I wear my Air force Blue Gore-Tex suit, Toronto Maple Leafs Toque, Irish Setter Boots and plan on picking up my Frabill Commando next week, couldn’t care less what I look like when I’m reeling in a 12lb Bay of Quinte Walleye…or a 10 inch Perch…lol

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:08 PM »
I wear Styker snomobile bibs, a Milwalkee heated jacket and fish out of an Eskimo and a clam and would prefer their names werent on them as I buy them for my use not to advertise for them... I also hate those stickers auto dealers put on the tailgate and ask them to remove them prior to buying...Now if they pay me to wear or use their product the can put whatever they want on it....

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:15 PM »

x1000...

I actually avoid crap with big logos all over it. The deciding factor for me buying the HD4 Ice Armor suit was it's total lack of logos!

I mean, who wants a suit that says STRIKEMASTER or VEXILAR or FRABILL or CLAM in two inch letters? I'm not human advertising space!

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Ok sounds good cause I think I am going to get the clam scout

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Ever see the shows with nomads it some cold ass foreign country on national geographic? And not clean well dressed nomads...no sir...those who look like the fought a damn bear for the ripped up jacket that they are wearing....yep thats me on the ice...
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Dec 22, 2012, 06:49 AM »
x1000...

I actually avoid crap with big logos all over it. The deciding factor for me buying the HD4 Ice Armor suit was it's total lack of logos!

I mean, who wants a suit that says STRIKEMASTER or VEXILAR or FRABILL or CLAM in two inch letters? I'm not human advertising space!

I hear ya on this.I wear T-shirts only. This year I bought all plain T-shirts because I was tired of advertizing for everyone. Some of the stuff had cool sayings but enough is enough. Time to be me which is a plain old fat man.
<===Lefty===

Offline danerc07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 22, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Right now I'm rocking a black frabill suit, ice armor gloves and a st croix hat. My main fishing shack is the clam Denali II. At first I thought the same thing, I wanted to buy an ice armor suit because I had a clam shack but I got the frabill suit for a smoking deal and had to get it. Since then I could give a crap if my brands are matching. If they are quality gear that works for you go with it!
youtube.com/danerc07

Offline PondPirate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2012, 11:02 AM »
Ask your husband and see what he thinks ...............sorry, too easy
Sitting still and drinking beer. I like ice fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.