Author Topic: Some of the fish the boys and myself have managed so far this season.  (Read 2549 times)

Offline ADKicewalker

• IceShanty Rookie
My first trip of the year was a little slower than I expected it to be but did manage to jig up a few good eaters.

A couple pictures of a double Lakertaker17 and myself got into earlier this season.

Three good eaters

15 inch landlock and a good sized laker

Slow day but I did happen to come across this guy, some good pike chowder material.

I don't always jig crappies, but when I do I usually don't do very well! So I was quite happy with these guys.

A spool burning double while fishing with Lakertaker17 and before you yell at me saying you can't keep bass while ice fishing in upstate ny I KNOW he swam away happily after the picture.

33 incher I pulled in a couple days before the last day of the season.

Lakertaker17's PB lake trout

And it's not all about catching fish, sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors

Offline ak Laker hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
What a season. Great fish and time together.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Thanks for sharing.

Offline gravelman_6

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice fish and looks like you can fish some more with the ice.  Never caught a laker before we do not have them in western New York, but got as 28.5 brown this year and would think  lakers fight the same. Knew I had a good fish on but came up pretty fast but once by the hole oh boy hold on. They will circle the hole and not want to come to it let alone start their head up the hole. I'm sure lakers are the same and stronger, great catch.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

WS

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice goin dudes!!
Catching Any?

Offline ADKicewalker

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice fish and looks like you can fish some more with the ice.  Never caught a laker before we do not have them in western New York, but got as 28.5 brown this year and would think  lakers fight the same. Knew I had a good fish on but came up pretty fast but once by the hole oh boy hold on. They will circle the hole and not want to come to it let alone start their head up the hole. I'm sure lakers are the same and stronger, great catch.

Well honestly it all depends on what you are fighting the lakers with. If you have a 5 pounder on a tip up she'll come up pretty easy for ya until she finds the hole then you can expect a run or two. On a jigging rod with 4lb test when you are trying to catch smelt, that same 5lb laker will give you a pretty fun ride  ;)

Offline nitram

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Great pics. A bunch of nice fish there. Good job. Thanks for sharing.....!!

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Master Laker taker.

Offline monkeyyboness

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kill it and grill it
Nice fishing season there
If you ain't reading the menu your probably on it! Eat or be eaten

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
great pics, thanks for sharing

Offline Pan Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
My first trip of the year was a little slower than I expected it to be but did manage to jig up a few good eaters.

A couple pictures of a double Lakertaker17 and myself got into earlier this season.

Three good eaters

15 inch landlock and a good sized laker

Slow day but I did happen to come across this guy, some good pike chowder material.

I don't always jig crappies, but when I do I usually don't do very well! So I was quite happy with these guys.

A spool burning double while fishing with Lakertaker17 and before you yell at me saying you can't keep bass while ice fishing in upstate ny I KNOW he swam away happily after the picture.

33 incher I pulled in a couple days before the last day of the season.

Lakertaker17's PB lake trout

And it's not all about catching fish, sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 Good Pics !! Good Fish !! Congrats on a Good Season, so far !!  :woot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Looks like you guys had fun this season!

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
cool pics, nice fish,

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
Nice fish and pic's! Looks like you guys have been having some fun on the ice.  :thumbsup:

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
Nice!

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
nice fish good job nice pic'

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.