New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 416946 times)

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #3180 on: Feb 19, 2022, 12:44 PM »
That video had me in stitches! :roflmao:

I wonder what was going through that poor guy's mind as he is being towed for a high-speed ride in a shanty!
Sort of like riding a bull in a rodeo.  How long can you hold on for?

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #3181 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:02 AM »
thanks for video and sharing, glad everyone alright and nothing trashed to bad,,,   thats what its all about  makin it thru it and being able to laugh bout it. lol thanks again  priceless
youngster

Offline grand

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3182 on: Feb 22, 2022, 05:39 PM »
Any ideas as to how long it'll take for the ice to clean up after all this warm weather and rain? Looking to get out in Mayville or Burtis later in the week.

Offline hammer44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3183 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:19 PM »
    Heading down to Chat.next week ... Talking with a few guys that use to fish there but stopped because they said the perch there where full of grubs.  anybody experience grubs in there fillets 
 Dont sound to appetizing .  or maybe that was something that happen years ago..

Offline Lindy Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3184 on: Feb 24, 2022, 02:45 PM »
HEY guys, I went by Chautauqua today and didn't see anybody out except 3 fisherman off Mayville. Went to Pendergast and saw the lake water was up to the top of the launch. Did the lake get really cloudy from the runoff and nothing is biting? The lake must be a couple of feet higher.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3185 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:12 PM »
    Heading down to Chat.next week ... Talking with a few guys that use to fish there but stopped because they said the perch there where full of grubs.  anybody experience grubs in there fillets 
 Dont sound to appetizing .  or maybe that was something that happen years ago..

I fished Chautauqua 3 times this year.  Each time I caught near 100+ perch and only kept (12-15) 8"-9" perch, the rest were 7" and smaller (throw backs).  When I cleaned the ones I kept there was an occasional white grub, but all you have to do is cut them out.  The other lakes I have fished also have the occasional grub, it's not just Chautauqua.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3186 on: Feb 25, 2022, 09:00 PM »
If you weren't looking for them, you ate more then one.  I check all my fillets.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3187 on: Feb 26, 2022, 03:12 PM »
Fileting 6" perch to get meat with grubs soounds like a wonderful time. Enjoy the lake.

Why are you so negative?  Guys come on here to give and get good lake info. so they stay safe and have fun.

Offline Fisherman 2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3188 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:39 PM »
Went out yesterday out of Mayville fishing for perch. Shore ice was okay. Had to walk in some shallow water to get to the ice. The lake had 8 inches of ice once I got out there. Caught 4 nice 11 inch yellow perch.

Offline jigman069

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3189 on: Feb 27, 2022, 10:11 AM »
This is for that special person with the jacked ford p/u & double axle trailer at magnolia feb 26 I commend you for taking a kid fishing. Showing them how to be good sportsman & law abiding citizens. Just because you have a 4wheeler doesn’t mean you have to use it for a 3to4 hundred yard walk and then park in the fire lane. I’m sure you are special though. This plus all the garbage people leave is why parking is so limited now . Please think of others.
FISH FOREVER  WORK WHENEVER

Offline Angola Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3190 on: Feb 28, 2022, 04:36 AM »
If onieda was ONLY an hour away
BUT ITS NOT
get away from the pack and YOU WILL FIND SOLID PERCH
JUST MY .02

Ditto
"I catch the fish, you cook the fish.  The only time we're together is when we eat the fish"

Offline NY_labman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3191 on: Feb 28, 2022, 08:16 AM »
When is this joker going to go away? We get it, you don’t like the lake. Guess you won’t ever be spotted there again. I don’t see myself driving 4 hours to Oneida to catch a perch. I’ll catch a fish fry at the local restaurants for a lot less money!

Offline Nitro_372

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3192 on: Mar 01, 2022, 10:04 AM »
When is this joker going to go away? We get it, you don’t like the lake. Guess you won’t ever be spotted there again. I don’t see myself driving 4 hours to Oneida to catch a perch. I’ll catch a fish fry at the local restaurants for a lot less money!
[/quo

Silver is better and half that drive, but I digress. Everyone is in agreement. You never see banner bucket catch pictures on the thread. Embarrassing. Good luck though.

Just go away, no one wants to hear from you!

Offline sawdust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3193 on: Mar 01, 2022, 07:18 PM »
Thank the Lord!

Offline sawdust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3194 on: Mar 01, 2022, 09:37 PM »
NOPE, was thanking the Lord you were going away from this thread!,

Offline Nitro_372

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3195 on: Mar 01, 2022, 09:57 PM »
he's not smart enough to figure that out
shore ice was still hold up when I left tonight

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3196 on: Mar 02, 2022, 04:39 PM »
What happened to this thread? I fish both Chautauqua and Oneida and of course others each have their positives and negatives. All lakes are different just like the people on here but no need to get crazy.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3197 on: Mar 02, 2022, 05:26 PM »
Yep best to move on...How's the ice holding up? Was thinking of going Saturday.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline Conklin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Navy Vet
« Reply #3198 on: Mar 03, 2022, 07:17 PM »
Well said!
The drop off near Mission Meadows has been on fire this week. He thinks 6" perch are the norm? Get outta dodge!
Cousin and I pounded them Tuesday. Went back this am and the school was still near. 1 to 3 ratio. cady jig with perch belly did the trick.
large bait, large fish. we had some 11" hitting on pike minnows on our tip ups.
sewerjerk
If you can't stand the heat, get your bass out of the kitchen.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #3199 on: Mar 03, 2022, 08:46 PM »
smell something like bs, from the 60ish depth I could see a large portion of the lake north and south, heard the bell tower all day. most people were off the creek area, saw nobody off vikings, since the limited access.
Good group east side from mayville/course area.
Saw some cali guys east side of the bridge.
maybe they were wearing white?
just stop, please!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Conklin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Navy Vet
« Reply #3200 on: Mar 04, 2022, 07:05 AM »
Plenty of access off vikings if you know the right people.
Just ask.
If you can't stand the heat, get your bass out of the kitchen.

Offline RustyTrombone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3201 on: Mar 05, 2022, 06:49 PM »
Any updates on Mayville's ice?
Proud member of Newfane FD. Glorified ice fisherman. LOL

Offline Creighster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3202 on: Mar 06, 2022, 03:23 PM »
What will probably end up being my only trip to Chautauqua County this ice season. Pretty standard, constant dink perch with the rare 9-10 incher here and there and the occasional different spices. It was fun to get out of Catt County and fish someplace that was different.

Offline RustyTrombone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3203 on: Mar 06, 2022, 04:53 PM »
What do you do with the sink perch?
Proud member of Newfane FD. Glorified ice fisherman. LOL

Offline Bowhunter79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3204 on: Jan 18, 2024, 11:06 AM »
Any updates? I’m sure if there isn’t already there will be guys fishing Saturday?
Fish on! Ice Fishing Team Yamagoochy

Offline Chromer 69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3205 on: Jan 18, 2024, 07:15 PM »
I'm going to try and get down there tomorrow morning and see what the ice looks like 🤞🏻

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #3206 on: Jan 18, 2024, 08:33 PM »
Fished tonight... 4' of black ice..
Spud spud spud

Offline rando3369

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3207 on: Jan 19, 2024, 07:24 AM »
Fished tonight... 4' of black ice..
Spud spud spud
Thanks for reporting thickness. We're you on North end or South end?

Offline Bowhunter79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3208 on: Jan 20, 2024, 03:09 PM »
Spudded my way out of the north side of longpoint this morning. Ended up making it about 400-500 yards offshore to 28fow.  Will start by saying I had good solid flat black ice the entire way out. Ice had about 3”-4” inches of light fluffy snow on top. I spudded every step on the way out, there was a pretty consistent 2”-3” of ice all the way out, however there were some very thing spots I’d say about an inch or so where the spud blew right through in one effortless wack. So I would back up about 10 yards and work my way around it staying on that consistent 2”-3”. Caught a few perch of better size than years past on this lake. Marked a ton, had a ton of lookers on the graph but they were tight lipped. After taking my time spudding out and getting set up I felt comfortable and safe. Like I said every bit of ice I was on was flat as could be and good black ice. Even the thin spots I stumbled upon spudding out were good black ice just thin. If you plan on heading out I would say go for it, but be cautious and safe. Wouldn’t go without a spud. Hope this helps anyone looking for an update. Good luck and be safe out there.
Fish on! Ice Fishing Team Yamagoochy

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #3209 on: Jan 20, 2024, 04:50 PM »
Spudded my way out of the north side of longpoint this morning. Ended up making it about 400-500 yards offshore to 28fow.  Will start by saying I had good solid flat black ice the entire way out. Ice had about 3”-4” inches of light fluffy snow on top. I spudded every step on the way out, there was a pretty consistent 2”-3” of ice all the way out, however there were some very thing spots I’d say about an inch or so where the spud blew right through in one effortless wack. So I would back up about 10 yards and work my way around it staying on that consistent 2”-3”. Caught a few perch of better size than years past on this lake. Marked a ton, had a ton of lookers on the graph but they were tight lipped. After taking my time spudding out and getting set up I felt comfortable and safe. Like I said every bit of ice I was on was flat as could be and good black ice. Even the thin spots I stumbled upon spudding out were good black ice just thin. If you plan on heading out I would say go for it, but be cautious and safe. Wouldn’t go without a spud. Hope this helps anyone looking for an update. Good luck and be safe out there.
good post, TY
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.