New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024798 times)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #6120 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:26 AM »
We chased lakers today , nothing note worthy, but some keepers , I unbuttoned several , sat in the slush ,and water and the wind was ripping

Sounds fun to me! Lakers are definitely tough to keep hooked sometimes.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6121 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:56 AM »

You know Bruce I’ve been lucky over the years I’ve caught nice flats , perch and and double digit eyes but for just plain fun lakers and LL salmon make my T levels rise 😉

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6122 on: Feb 23, 2021, 06:51 AM »
Snuck out for last hour and a half yesterday. It was def a little rough on the way in. Shanty  was weighed down with slush and snow by the time I got to shore. Sled ran good though. Just had to stay on the throttle 😜
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6123 on: Feb 23, 2021, 11:17 AM »
getting slushy sled stayed on top for most part

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6124 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:17 PM »
PM trip getting slushier but its not real deep everything is setteling but its wet out there

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6125 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:38 PM »
PM trip getting slushier but its not real deep everything is setteling but its wet out there
[/quote thanks Oneida 1

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6126 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Good goin' guys. The perch look good DeadEyez. The 3rd week of February was always my prime time. The slush sounds crappy and it'll get worse this weekend; but it's always colder out on that BIG ice cube...maybe it'll all stiffen up after that. Good luck & stay safe out there.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6127 on: Feb 24, 2021, 04:19 PM »

I know your not supposed to run with out a ridge hitch but when it’s slush a long rope works much better no build up in front of your shack to dog ya down

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6128 on: Feb 24, 2021, 04:53 PM »
I know your not supposed to run with out a ridge hitch but when it’s slush a long rope works much better no build up in front of your shack to dog ya down

14 inch yeti buckets are illegal also but people still use them
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6129 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:10 PM »
If someone says something about no ridged hitch tell them check dmv regulations they still say only for towing people

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6130 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:27 PM »
If someone says something about no ridged hitch tell them check dmv regulations they still say only for towing people

Wrong anything towed must have a ridgid tow bar

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PAR/25.03
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6131 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:29 PM »
Rigid tow bar on a snowmobile at all times. With or without a person being towed.
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6132 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:38 PM »
Thanks Brad, You beat me to Your post. Here are the rules for ATV operation.

YOU MAY NEVER OPERATE AN ATV

Other than while seated on the permanent, regular seat.
With a passenger, unless the ATV is designed to carry a passenger.
At a speed too fast for existing conditions or potential hazards.
In a careless, reckless or negligent manner.
While intoxicated or impaired by alcohol or drugs.
On the tracks or right-of-way of a railroad.
On a highway, if the ATV is equipped with studded tires other than automobile-type studs.
In a tree nursery or planting in a manner which damages or destroys growing stock or creates a substantial risk of damage or destruction.
Within 100 feet of a dwelling between midnight and 6 A.M. at a speed greater than necessary to keep the ATV moving.
While pulling a person on skis, a toboggan, sleigh, sled or trailer, unless the device is attached to the ATV by a tow-bar or other rigid connection.
On the ice or public water within 100 feet of a person, fishing shanty or shelter at a speed greater than necessary to keep the ATV moving.
Over an area cleared of snow for skating, unless necessary for access to public waters.

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6133 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:42 PM »
I got out tonight for the night bite. Only 8 or so marks. Caught 2 keeper walleyes and a short. It was pretty slushy on way out and on the way in it was a mess. Almost didn’t make it back due to the sloppy slush. Going to be tough for machines for a bit.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6134 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:49 PM »
Good work Fishshack!! You mind me asking north or south shore you encountered those conditions? Thank You in advance!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6135 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:56 PM »
Nice job fishshack. I almost went tonight but decided to wait until that slush firms up.

And no talking about tow bars on this thread.  :nono:

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6136 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:56 PM »
North Shore.  It got really bad the last 100 yards from shore. I was running beside it while pushing lol.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6137 on: Feb 24, 2021, 06:58 PM »
south shore is no better

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6138 on: Feb 24, 2021, 07:33 PM »
Nice job fishshack. I almost went tonight but decided to wait until that slush firms up.

And no talking about tow bars on this thread.  :nono:
😜

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6139 on: Feb 24, 2021, 07:36 PM »
Thanks Oneida1 and fishshack!!

Offline chartreuse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6140 on: Feb 24, 2021, 08:05 PM »
I went out for a few hours on the North shore and it was a sloppy mess.  I only pulled two perch out of the hole.  There were lots of lookers and few bites.  After cleaning the fish, I noticed their guts were PACKED with 1" nymphs!  Hopefully this helps   ;)
Also, thank you again to the guy who helped with my sled!

Offline FishOnForever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6141 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:10 AM »
I went out for a few hours on the North shore and it was a sloppy mess.  I only pulled two perch out of the hole.  There were lots of lookers and few bites.  After cleaning the fish, I noticed their guts were PACKED with 1" nymphs!  Hopefully this helps   ;)
Also, thank you again to the guy who helped with my sled!

I went to chap last week and only catch 1 perch in 2 hours. 7 fathead in its stomach

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6142 on: Feb 25, 2021, 01:47 AM »
 Well done fish shack ,
 Reason I mentioned a long rope for your shack is so it doesn’t bog your sled down and you get buried in the slush , tracks full of slush is no joke at all most 65 I’ll take the ticket versus more ruptured discs , and I know the law as that’s why my reply above stated that it is illegal,other times I run a hitch ,  but like everything it gets blown up just like posting a pic of a big fish of course that would have to be photo shopped 
  Jeez ,

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6143 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:14 AM »
Lots of silly rules!!  Tow bar pulling a shanty is one.  I could see if your pulling a sled full of children.....   About 15 years ago I got a ticket for no helmet on a 4 wheeler. It was glare, slippery ice.  I didn’t know it was a law back then.  I told the officer it was more dangerous walking on that slippery ice than it was driving 10 mph on a wheeler. Which it was!! 

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6144 on: Feb 25, 2021, 06:13 AM »
I walked out on the south side yesterday afternoon, first 500 feet tricked me into believing the walk wasn't going to be too bad. The perch that swam through were aggressive, didn't have to play cat and mouse with them at all...that was a nice change.  10" walleye slam after that.  Came home with nine nice perch.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6145 on: Feb 25, 2021, 06:20 AM »
Well done fish shack ,
 Reason I mentioned a long rope for your shack is so it doesn’t bog your sled down and you get buried in the slush , tracks full of slush is no joke at all most 65 I’ll take the ticket versus more ruptured discs , and I know the law as that’s why my reply above stated that it is illegal,other times I run a hitch ,  but like everything it gets blown up just like posting a pic of a big fish of course that would have to be photo shopped 
  Jeez ,

Had the track full of slush last saturday on the way in from shackelton, I had to dig it out then lift the back while my wife hit the throttle to walk it out. Couldnt imagine being by myself and that happen

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6146 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:00 AM »
Not to mention that long rope helps keep your machine from filling your sled with snow and slush. Cover or not it’s suck covering your equipment in wet slush. Maybe less so with a sled but I run a wheeler and I know it can be an issue with a short rope. I’m with you filetandrelease I’ll take the ticket. I bet a lot of judges would probably toss it anyway if you your nice and respectful

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6147 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:50 AM »
Nice job on the perch trundog. How was the ice quality and thickness holding up? Thanks.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6148 on: Feb 25, 2021, 11:35 AM »
went out 1st light slushy but improved at noon when i came its crusting up and if it gets to low 20's tonight most slush should be set up

Offline coast51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6149 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:56 PM »
Thanks for the report.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.