The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Z71 recoil clutch  (Read 1285 times)

Offline NorthwoodsWI

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Z71 recoil clutch
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Had recoil issue, purchased a new recoil, but it won't engage the clutch.  Cust. Svc says to remove the recoil clutch, put a washer under it, and remount the clutch and then the recoil.

Anyone know how to remove the recoil clutch?

Offline gman1101

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo Z71 recoil clutch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Having the same problem, ordered new recoil didn"t engage the clutch, they told me the same thing but for free they sent me the hypercoil recoil . it works but still would like to put a washer under the cup also. Also sent them an email onhow to remove recoil cluch, waiting for a reply. Feel your pain!!!!!

Offline gman1101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Look on eskimo website find service center on bottom of page and find one that is closest too you and call them or take to them and they should know. The closest one to me is Beloit Wisconsin, will be taking mine there on Tuesday. Will report back with what i find out. Still have not received e-mail back from Eskimo dealer Ardisam, in Northern Wisconsin. I live in Southern Wisconsin community of Monroe.

Offline gman1101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Ardisam replied back to remove spark plug and push a small piece of rope into stop the piston, then to losten nut and put washer underneath the recoil clutch cup. they said a shoelace would work, make sure you leave enough rope out for easy removal. this should allow you to remove recoil cup.

Offline gman1101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Took the spark plug out, put as much small rope 1/4 inch inside the cylinder and was able to stop the piston from going all the way up, and worked easily to remove the recoil cup. put a washer underneath and works fine.  Happy ice fishing!!!!!!!!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:50 AM »
Took the spark plug out, put as much small rope 1/4 inch inside the cylinder and was able to stop the piston from going all the way up, and worked easily to remove the recoil cup. put a washer underneath and works fine.  Happy ice fishing!!!!!!!!!

<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.