The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: All balls 9-11 portage lake  (Read 1072 times)

Offline jasburrito

• IceShanty Rookie
All balls 9-11 portage lake
« on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Headed up with a gang of fisherman.  Noticed Osborne bait and tackle is having a tournament.  Says 10g s in prizes. Should be a good time. Been getting prepared.  Did a little horse trading for a older Eskimo auger. Found new carb on ebay for 15 delivered. Seems to be running good. Got new line on reels.  Was looking at maps. Then I noticed avionics app for fishing.  It's a really nice app. Only free for 15 days though. Check it out. There are 12 of us going. We will be on revs and poo snowmobiles and quads. Come says high. Tight lines. Cheers
Love watching youtube videos of ice fishing. Dave Genz is the best. Mark Martin and jason Mitchell are great too. Fred Trost  is the man.

Offline jasburrito

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: All balls 9-11 portage lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2018, 09:04 AM »
It was epic. Used the avionics app Google earth and other maps to mark spots. Found fish at a few locations. Then after drilling 2 many holes I found a really lively spot. Reeled in 3 doubles. It was non stop. Fingers are all tore up. Caught a few hundred fish. Most were 7 and smaller. Tried to keep 8 or bigger.  Met amy sacka from national geographic. She was doing a spacial on ice fishing. Amy got a few pics of me reeling some in. The guys at osbornes are way cool. Others in the group caught only a few. 1 guy did get 3 20 ish ciscos. But whatever.

Love watching youtube videos of ice fishing. Dave Genz is the best. Mark Martin and jason Mitchell are great too. Fred Trost  is the man.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Nice Job

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Wow! What a great day.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.