South Dakota > Ice Fishing South Dakota

The 2018-19 Ice Season is Approaching!

(1/4) > >>

wyoutdoors:
The 2018-19 Ice Season is Approaching!

Are you charging your flasher batteries? Dusting off and cleaning your shacks? Stringing new line? Picking up new baits?

Planning on any new gear this season? Who else is getting gear ready for First Ice!

Things will be picking up here pretty quickly I would think!

See ya soon!  @) :tipup:

Herms:
Looking forward to another great season on hard water fishing.  Hoping to make a few more trips north this year to the glacier lakes area and trying to find some better panfish lakes around the SE side of the state.

On the new gear side of things I just ordered new striker bibs and coat from Overtons so those are on the way.  I also picked up a lake master card for the dakota's to use in my Helix 7 so that should be fun to play with.  Also looking forward to the Ice show in Sioux Falls as ill be looking for a new flip over possibly a grizzly but will wait and see what strikes my fancy. 

Hope everyone is having a great year so far and only gets better from here.

tornadochaser60:
The fall bite has barely started picking up (not that the summer bite hasn't been excellent)...no way do I want to think about ice fishing yet!

wyoutdoors:
Outstanding Herms! Sounds like you're on top of things. I may make it to the Ice Institute myself this year.  :tipup:

royjulius:
I caught some nice pike last week (an 8 and an 11) and that really wet my appetite for some tip-up ice fishing, as those pike fillets were awesome. Cold water pike is just so dang tasty. We're in the low 40s at night now and the forecast says we are expecting snow in the next couple of weeks. I plan to camp at Pactola in 2 weeks for some pike, trout and bluegills. Its gonna be cold. After that I'll get my ice stuff ready. Nice to see Cabela's had their ice stuff out 2 weeks ago!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version