Author Topic: Henry's 2020  (Read 6646 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Henry's 2020
« on: Nov 05, 2020, 09:10 AM »
Emails are out and there is definitely some changes this year, check your inbox's. Lets get this thread going and pray for a good solid cap with safe ice all the way across the lake this weekend  :bow: :bow: As many of you have already read or heard it did lock up but has been opening up and refreezing in areas. Doesn't sound to safe to me yet but we'll see what mother nature brings us the rest of this month and into December.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Henry's 2020
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:48 PM »
I am ready to get out on the ice and can’t wait to see everyone

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2020, 09:09 AM »
I’m definitely ready to get on some Ice and eager to see how everyone is doing !

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2020, 09:53 PM »
I moved to Utah last year.  Would love to meet some new fishing partners. 

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Watch the site for different trips over the year.  This trip to Henry's lake in Idaho is sort of the official kick off of ice season, lots of fun fishing and a chance to meet a ton of great guys and it kind of turns into the ice fishing show and tell event of the season.  I've been amazed at the set ups and new equipment that most of these guys have, very skilled craftsmen's that  put together some great set ups...  We usually headquarter at the Wild Rose and fish from there.  December 11-13...  If you aren't familiar with Henry's Lake yet, it has some of the prettiest Cutthroat and hybrids and really big brook trout, some up to 5 lbs are usually caught during the trip.  Big fish prize usually goes to a 27-28" fish, so it's a quality lake that sits just outside of west yellowstone.  Heard rumors of Kokanee being caught last year as well.  If you're interested, I'm sure Matt will get you more details.. Welcome to the mountains...  J

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Welcome Brother.  Go Big Blue.  I ws born on Three Rivers and grew up in Grand Rapids.  Been a Utahn since February 1977.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2020, 11:35 AM »

Welcome to Utah Iceinkzoo, The Henry's trip is just as skunkedagain said and is usually the kickoff for most. Some of us like to head into the high country right now for some 1st ice before Henry's and the last few days may have just finally got it going. more to come on that. Your welcome to join us on the trips we get in that are not overnight planned and most are discussed here. It appears you've been on the shanty for some time now so if you do need help feel free to reach out and I'll do what I can.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2020, 04:57 PM »
Kind of thinking about crashing the party this year. I didn’t get an email  ;) but I’m envious every year after you guys return home and I see the pics and videos!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2020, 05:29 PM »
Your more than welcome to join us Trent. This year it's about 50/50 with some staying on the ice (social distance) and the others renting rooms. If your wanting to go the room route give kevin at the rose a call and let him know your with the iceshanty group. We'll be there December 11th and pulling out the morning of the 14th. As usual some will show up on the 10th. Joe's usually there a couple days earlier.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:21 AM »
Hey Trent would be great to see ya up there if you can make it... Give you some earlier ice than the gorge usually sees.  Don't know if you've fished it before, but if not.. If you come be ready to fish shallow... Lot of times we are in 8' or shallower... Sometimes the fish finders won't even work, but the fish are there... Paddle bugs, or maniac Cut'r bugs usually work best for me.. unless it's that time when they'll only take small ice flies. Some years the jackers catch most of the fish, so always good to have some in your spread of rods... Fun pond, but it can be very time dependent and when the bites on, it's fast and other days it's tough to buy a bite... But there are some nice fish up there... maybe not gorge nice, but good fish... Hope to see ya there... Jeff

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2020, 08:35 PM »
Snowing at Island Park they expect 5 to 12 inches tonight low of 19 with a high of 25 tomorrow. Winter storm warning until 5 pm tomorrow. LOVE IT !

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2020, 09:27 PM »
Let's hope the ice got thick enough to keep the slush at bay this year :bow: :bow:  kiddie pools been locked up for a bit now  :icefish: and I'm lovin the camera view for sleds this year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2020, 07:44 AM »
Let's hope the ice got thick enough to keep the slush at bay this year :bow: :bow:  kiddie pools been locked up for a bit now  :icefish: and I'm lovin the camera view for sleds this year
I’m in agreement with you on the slush it’s definitely not fun. Would prefer to not be standing in water this year like we have a couple of times in the past but if so it’s still a good day fishing LOL.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2020, 08:06 PM »
Hey Trent I wasn’t on the email either but I was told I was still invited and you are more than welcome to come and fish this pond with us

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2020, 10:27 AM »
Hey guys thanks for letting me invite myself! :)

I’m just going to play it by ear, see how the weather is and head up there if everything is looking good!
Trent Williams

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2020, 07:14 AM »
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2020, 08:52 AM »
Looks frozen solid! :o
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2020, 10:30 AM »
Showing 41deg-2mph breeze at the state park entrance as of 930am so I'm guessing there will be some settling/melting of the snow on the hard deck for a couple days :thumbsup: just building better ice and gettin it thicker!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2020, 12:17 PM »
Not liking that cam view today but it will make for better ice by the time we get there
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2020, 01:57 PM »
I don’t think we’ll get stuck in there today ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2020, 02:57 PM »
34deg and light snow as of right now. should put a nice freeze on it tonight, fingers crossed  :bow: :bow:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2020, 03:42 PM »
Good history on the lake for all of us waiting to head up and Joe you weren't far off with the palm tree pic years ago, there were islands there  :blink: :blink:

https://henryslake.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/history-of-henrys-lake/

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:05 PM »
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Trying to complete a three bathroom remodel and a new ice tent build. Haven’t been able to convince my wife that the tent rebuild is much more important than running water in the sinks. But I will be ready for next week ! LOL

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #24 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Trying to complete a three bathroom remodel and a new ice tent build. Haven’t been able to convince my wife that the tent rebuild is much more important than running water in the sinks. But I will be ready for next week ! LOL

I know how that goes I just did my kitchen  backsplash a few weeks ago. I am almost ready myself

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2020, 10:52 PM »
Temps are looking good to keep that ice going and the chances of slush at this point are nill. Both wheeler's and sleds  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Got my list of jobs down to one big one and cutting a Christmas tree and I should be good to go... Crazy how my list keeps growing though... Looking forward to some ice time next week... So I have too much stuff I think I want to take, I need to learn to cut down, but being my first sleep on the ice trip, I'm sure I'll take more than I should... Hope that ice is thick, I'll probably need it that way... see ya'll soon... Jeff

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Yea I might try and finish my floor this weekend before the ice season really kicks off. Or maybe I’ll just push it back another few weeks  ;D
Trent Williams

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Dec 09, 2020, 07:58 AM »
Ok guys so I do belive the last emails out. Be safe in your travels this week and we'll see you there  :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 09, 2020, 08:54 AM »
I'm departing in 5 minutes!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.