The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ### - OFFICIAL New to the Wyoming Forum THREAD - Introduce yourself! ###  (Read 20141 times)

Offline Asmith

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the form looking for some reports of fishable ice near laramie

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Welcome to the Shanty Asmith !
One more post and you can access the ice conditions forum.    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
 Welcome to the Shanty Asmith! The Admins have changed the access requirements to the reports and condition board to a single post this year! Hope you have a great ice season!  :tipup:

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Opps , sorry wyoutdoors.  I hadn't heard that things changed...

Offline Zsdfac

• IceShanty Rookie
Yeah buddy

Offline Zsdfac

• IceShanty Rookie
Yessir

Offline crazedhermit76

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm a newbie too - fished Goldeneye today and caught my first fish through the hard water in 30 years - I haven't been ice fished since I was a kid.  This is a great site - appreciate all the info!

Offline jessejensen33

• IceShanty Rookie
Any day on the ice is  a good day

Offline rhinorv

• IceShanty Rookie
Welcome!

Offline Cmossberg

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the form looking for good fishing information around the Cheyenne area new to ice fishing have a 7 year old son wanting to catch perch

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to all the new members!  :tipup:

Offline NWRACER78

• IceShanty Rookie
Long time lurker first time poster. Live in cody and fish as often as I can. All ways looking for new fishing buddies.

Offline bsrkoacar

• Team IceShanty Regular
New to the form looking for good fishing information around the Cheyenne area new to ice fishing have a 7 year old son wanting to catch perch

Sloans lake in frontier park of cheyenne holds perch and surprisingly big broodstock rainbow trout, 20+ inches. Absaraka in cheyenne is also a fun productive panfish lake... Granite reservoir in curt gowdy state park also has a decent perch population and lots of stocker sized trout.

Offline Crow-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself as i just joined site.  I didnt even know about this site but friend mentioned so figured i would  check it out.  Its so hard to find info about wyoming ice and i am fairly new to state so i have huge learning curve.  Ice fished thru highschool then joined military and didnt touch a short rod till last winter(24year break) so been re learning and getting gear.  Spent last year fishing mostly the sunshines (live in cody) and few other less often.  Fish almost always alone or with 10yr old daughter so not a thin ice guy.  I want to fish the gorge this year, never been down that way so any advice is great.  Always looking for suggestions on new lakes or species...**censored** is a burbot?  Lol.  looks like a snakehead or bowfin to me but heard they eat good and are fun to catch so gonna have to to try it this year.  Look forward to sharing info...

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty !!!
Thank you for your service as well !!! 
Lots of really good guys on here that are willing to help a guy.    :tipup:

Wyo Ice

Offline kchris38

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi folks. Found this forum today while searching the web for conditions reports. But wow! What an awesome deal going on here. Glad to be here! I feel like I already owe a thank you for just what I’ve seen by lurking before signing up.

I’ve ice fished occasionally for the past few years, but I’m really gearing up to be serious about it this winter. Super excited to get after it!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Welcome guys. As mentioned in a couple
Other threads, you need 3 posts to see the “reports and conditions” page which is just above “Wyoming ice fishing” on the main forum board.

Crow, send me a PM when you’re thinking about coming to the gorge. It’s my home water and I’ll try to give you the most recent report!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Crow-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for warm welcome guys!  Its nice to have some resources like this site and good people on it as we all know info in this state is always limited.  PO, i will get a hold of you before heading down that way.  Planning on heading down 2nd week of jan i think. Put a order in last night for bunch of buckshots, glow jigs and some tubes and powergrubs etc, ready to get after them!

Offline amuddyduck

• IceShanty Rookie
Howdy all,
New here, finally made a login and figured I'd check in.

Mostly fish Hattie and Pathfinder.

Heading out after Christmas so fingers crossed for some thick ice and calm winds.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome all the new folks! Just remember to add a little info every now and then, that how all this works, learning from each other.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
New guys!!! It helps out a lot to put your local water/town where your from. Lot of info and friendships of fishing. If your a Rocksprings/ Greenriver townie. I ask hows the gorge or ask for local info. If your from Gillette. I'll give you as much Intel I can on keyhole plus close water as i can. It becomes a useful site to help out you fellow fisherman. Heck most of the time I end up fishing with the individual I asked a question about there local waters. Welcome to iceshanty and enjoy.
No one left behind.     

Offline ColoradoScott

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the post, enjoy ice fishing in the Laramie area but always up for new spots.  Great site, thanks!

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
WELCOME ABOARD ENJOY SAFTEY FIRST

Offline WyoMinFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome to all the new members!!  I have lived in Cheyenne for 31 years fishing most of the lakes/reservoirs in the eastern part of the state.  I also have a house in Glendo and spend considerable more time there than other lakes.  Being from Minnesota originally I miss winter and try to get as much ice fishing in as I can in this mild climate.   I escape to "real winter" very January and fish the Mobridge tournament in SD and sneak back to Wyoming and fish the Saratoga tournament.  Ice tends to go on late here and come off early.  Sometimes we get to fish first ice several times throughout the season!!  Please be safe out there! Usually fishing out of a big Blue Otter hub, feel free to stop on over.  Drive White Ram 3500  License plate 2 F1SH

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Great to have the new members swinging through! Jump in where you can and help others have a great ice season!  :tipup:

Offline JasonD

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello fellow fisherman, I’m Jason. Never posted on the site before, but I’ve scanned it for ice conditions and fish pics for a couple of years. I mainly fish Fontenelle and the Gorge. Headed up to fontenelle today to check a couple honey holes and jig the river for big hungry browns. Anyhow, great site. Keep it up.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Glad to have you aboard the Shanty!  :tipup:

Hello fellow fisherman, I’m Jason. Never posted on the site before, but I’ve scanned it for ice conditions and fish pics for a couple of years. I mainly fish Fontenelle and the Gorge. Headed up to fontenelle today to check a couple honey holes and jig the river for big hungry browns. Anyhow, great site. Keep it up.

Offline Blndie

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi all! First year ice fishing in WY and very excited. We use to go almost every weekend when we lived in CO. Glad to be out of that state and calling Casper my new home! Excited to learn from people on here and maybe start going to tournaments again! Always a win when it's a day fishing right?

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Welcome everyone!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Alanthealan

• IceShanty Rookie
Alan from Greybull, newbie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.