Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: IGL Report  (Read 9066 times)

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: IGL Report
« Reply #60 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:17 PM »
Couple buddies want to head up this weekend.  I am kind of hesitant because I heard the bite was off.  Any suggestions?  Places to go?  I would feel bad taking the guys back home after bragging about how much better fishing is back home and end up getting skunked. Thanks
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 22, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Been off and on, late last week was hot by Sunday it was dead, one never knows what the newxt week will bring. I'll be sledding and at the annual chapter 29 Muskie inc banquet.

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 23, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Been off and on, late last week was hot by Sunday it was dead, one never knows what the newxt week will bring. I'll be sledding and at the annual chapter 29 Muskie inc banquet.

Thanks for the information.  Couple people are telling me that the perch are hitting on big spirit.  So I guess we might try that out.  I guess if we find the fish we find the fish.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:44 AM »
Hit Millers Bay Saturday and sunday. Wasn't gangbusters, but we caught some nice gills and perch. Seen a lot of gills, but they where pretty finicky.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 23, 2010, 05:42 PM »
My buddy and a friend limited on gills/crappies /perch on Millers Saturday. Not much going Sunday though.

Offline BojiGillGetter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Hey Shawn,

You got 25 of all three?  Saturday was good to me to, but I'll have to keep where to myself.  Bigger perch, yellows, and a few crappie.

1st post on ice shanty... cool site.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Not me, I'm sledding not fishing. A friend and his buddy got them. Got a new toy for Christmas and since the bite been so hot all year I'm playing on the toy instead.

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 24, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Not me, I'm sledding not fishing. A friend and his buddy got them. Got a new toy for Christmas and since the bite been so hot all year I'm playing on the toy instead.

Next thing you know your going to be buying a jet ski and spend your time ridin that all summer instead of huckin baits. Just joking as long as your enjoying yourself thats all that matters. I'm ready to be huckin some baits my self though, once this weather straightins out a bit me and the old man will be heading south.  

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 24, 2010, 07:56 PM »
You guys doing the IOWA Trail this year doonan?

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Hope to get the old man on board for all four events this year. Looks like a go right now, but haven't sent in the forms yet. Hopefully this year we can boat a fish or two.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 25, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Yea me to, got a few last year but none that would count. We got some great dates this year should be good.

Offline rjbreese

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishing fool
« Reply #71 on: Mar 03, 2010, 09:35 AM »
anyone fished spirit lake lately, thinking of making the trip up from southern ia to try and catch some perch, can one still get a wheel house out on the lake is the ice o.k. or too slushy or snowy, i will be staying in it overnite for a few days ??? what are the dates that the permanents are supposed to be off ????, but even if permanents are supposed to be off you can still have them on the lake if you occupy them or am i wrong?? where should i get on the lake(access) with truck and shack??? and what would be the best place to fish for some perch, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Mar 03, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Last Sunday was the last day for permies. Not sure how the law reads on daily use of them.

Offline jiggin4jumbos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Mar 03, 2010, 01:13 PM »
I heard there was a decent road off of buffalo run but with rain in the forecast its hard to say for how long.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.