Ohio > Ice Fishing Ohio

Sad To Say......

(1/4) > >>

IceholeFisherman:
Well fellas, I think it's over for NW Ohio. Not getting my hopes up for the rest of this year. Packing away the shanty. Packing away my Buddy Heater. Packing away the auger and spud bar. Packing away my hopes and dreams. Now is time to get the Jon boat ready for the spring run.

One thing I'm not packing away is the snowmobile. Might get some good snow for a ride or two yet!

buck05:
I don't think it is over yet ???still plenty of winter. After next wed back to cold. A couple of windless days and those temps it will be locked up again. I hope. Lol. Just looked at today's modis where we fished sun it is open water now. Not putting my stuff up getting ready for the next adventure. Saginaw here we come next weekend.  Anyone who can get to the islands will def be back out this season in my opinion.  Mark :tipup:

IceholeFisherman:
I hope you are right. But all my local spots have to start all over again. The ice is destroyed. It's definitely stage 6 or 7.

DBV:
Nah - will be good.  This week looks better than it did last week with major cold by end of the week.  Feb is supposed to be below normal.  :)

tkfurs:

--- Quote from: IceholeFisherman on Jan 26, 2018, 06:02 PM ---I hope you are right. But all my local spots have to start all over again. The ice is destroyed. It's definitely stage 6 or 7.

--- End quote ---

Starting over again may be better than junk ice reforming. Once ice gets to bad, it never fully recovers at full strength.

I don't think our season is over, but caution needs to be taken from here on out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version