Author Topic: WTH  (Read 1296 times)

grumpymoe

WTH
« on: Dec 22, 2006, 06:38 PM »
had two premade frames made for 2 additional bunks for the GM.....messaged Chief a few days ago about some 4x8 strawboard and availability.....prest o!!!...one beautiful sheet delivered right to the door....soooooooooo?....take it into work this morning to lengthwise rip it into two pieces....measure off 24 inches....hmmmm...perf ect for the new frames.....I get them home late this afternoon, and WTH....one piece is WIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDER RRRR than the other......bring them inside...and take out the tape measure...one piece is 24".....the other is 25"...... ;D ;D   didnt even know they made panels in 49" widths......hmmmm....m aybe the reason they went out of production??.....too much for your dollar??....or too many measure once...twice....three. ..then saw and figure out where the Ukes boogered up??.....anyways...thanks Chief....Grump ;D

Offline chief

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: WTH
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2006, 06:51 PM »
sorry  grump never thought to tell u they make them 49 by 97 .... they are made that size to allow for posibility of corners getting damaged ..... chief

Offline muskee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2006, 07:22 PM »
Hmm, drops keys, hard time to use tape measure. Seems to be slippn' ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Muskee
Tracy

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2006, 07:27 PM »
Nope!!....I had my bad Threes!!....snapped skids.....truck wouldnt start.....and keys down the hole.....cant have anymore bad luck......who would think of measuring the full width of a sheet to see if it was more than the standard 48" wide???.....NO ONE!!! lmao....Grump  ;D

Offline muskee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Can not even blame it on meteric conversion, it must of been the newfie tape measure eh lol ;D ;D ;D

Muskee
Tracy

Offline Lherpig

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "About the trout,no friggin doubt!"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2006, 10:51 PM »
Hey Grump! Strawboard was like  Melamine and rangerboard aka mdf and other cabinet making materials which was commonly made 49x97 to allow drunken cabinet makers to cut full 24" cabinets without risking any digits!!!! Wallywacker would attest to this fact.. just a question though....wouldn't that weigh like 1,000,000 pounds?  On a side note to everyone HAVE A SAFE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! May you you reel in more than you let out in 2007!!!  Mike...

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2006, 01:06 AM »
Nope!!....I had my bad Threes!!....snapped skids.....truck wouldnt start.....and keys down the hole.....cant have anymore bad luck......who would think of measuring the full width of a sheet to see if it was more than the standard 48" wide???.....NO ONE!!! lmao....Grump  ;D

Unless you've kicked off another three...... :roflmao: Good luck with the new run of bad luck :roflmao:

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Unless you've kicked off another three...... :roflmao: Good luck with the new run of bad luck :roflmao:
Pleeeze don't wish that on poor old Grump.......I might be involved next time and I don't need that kind of luck.  ::)

Old quote:
"If it wasn't for bad luck....he wouldn't have any luck at all!"
New funny quote:
" I seriously have to give up drinking........becaus e my kids have started asking me if they could have a glass of MIX from the fridge!"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Holiday Cheers to all my good friends on Iceshanty!

Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.