Author Topic: Where are they ?  (Read 891 times)

Offline yan-nick

• IceShanty Rookie
Where are they ?
« on: Feb 04, 2011, 05:27 PM »
I am wondering where those damn greenbacks are .
This is what I know, last weekend nobody caught anything at Chalet-Beach,the mouth,and the red.
But, I heard some fishermen caught lots at Riverton despite the extreme low temperature.
So, my question is, are those damn greenbacks more on the west side of the lake ?
Anyway, I am going to Riverton to take a peak this weekend,or, if I am lazy, close to Gimly.
Good luck to all of you for the weekend!

Offline biggamefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where are they ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:16 PM »
This is what I know, last weekend nobody caught anything at Chalet-Beach,the mouth,and the red.
But, I heard some fishermen caught lots at Riverton despite the extreme low temperature.
So, my question is, are those damn greenbacks more on the west side of the lake ?
Anyway, I am going to Riverton to take a peak this weekend,or, if I am lazy, close to Gimly.

Yup, never caught anything at CBR! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
>}}}}}}''> FISH PANIC AT THE MERE SIGHT OF ME AND MY G3  >}}}}}}''>

Offline jayzd1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Well i can tell ya first hand they're not on the river either..fished CIL for 5 hrs. and only 3 bites. Can't even really call them bites, All they were doing was licking the minnows! A sauger sucked my buddy's minnow all the way up the hole and then released itself at the top. Hope there are better days to come!

Offline hIGGIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Fished CRB from 9:30 till 2:30 with only 1 bite. Moved 2 times. Started in 18 FOW moved to 12 FOW and then to 9 FOW.

Offline pjrocksmb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Bob suggests 10-12 FOW, 1 mile from mouth

Offline fiveontheice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Bob is close, if he had gone a couple hundred more yards east he would seen some nice fish, we had a handful of little ones, Big Al a 30", 11lb-15oz beauty, myself 25-1/2" both released, Big Al was de man today, he's eatin fish tonight, we had a few skunks with us also, live target, chubby darter and if you slip Bob some big money he can hook you up with Paul's special hooks, they have been doing really well on the lake and the Red and shook things up last summer on LOTW's, ask Al Fast cause they whooped Mr. Stapons hiney.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.