Author Topic: Wpg beach derby results???  (Read 1232 times)

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
Wpg beach derby results???
« on: Feb 21, 2010, 11:44 PM »

Just wondering what the offical results were for this derby?I herd it was a 31.5" northern that took the $1000?I was there and it was a great day for a derby.marked a couple bigones but no takers.my little girl had a blast and everyone seemed pleased with the derby in general.was a nice turnout compared to previous yrs I was told.had the pleasure of meeting and fishing alongside FISHNCAMP which seemed to make the derby fly by lol.I think the guy who caught the 31.5 northern should thank glen for "calling" it over to him lol.NEXT WEEKEND...walleye warrior derby   
  :tipup:
GILLISHAMMER

Offline Pembina

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wpg beach derby results???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2010, 11:54 PM »
i heard they are catching some walleye, how has it been at wpg beach?

Offline Frase

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2010, 03:17 PM »
My bud Matt won (31" Jack). I was the guy that caught the first fish (7 7/8" Sauger). He bought our crew a case of beer and supper, then we all went back to Stonewall and watched USA Vs Canada's hockey game. Quite the day. Your daughter looked comfy & quiet compared to the rest of the kids ahha.  Anyway, see you at Selkirk.

~Frase

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2010, 05:29 PM »
I had a good time despite not catching any fish. Congrats to the organizers and those who won prizes. Gillishammer...really nice meeting you and see you in Selkirk. 8)

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Ya my daughter was happy and wanted to b there,She was kinda disapointed she didn't catch tho lol.I herd a few  unhappy littleones out there as well haha.
And was nice meeting  you fishncamp,I'll see you out there on sat,I'm bringing my brother with me as well
GILLISHAMMER

Offline Pembina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:36 PM »
i heard they are catching some walleye, how has it been at wpg beach?
I guess that would be go check it out for yourself.

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2010, 02:22 AM »
I guess that would be go check it out for yourself.
not many caught at the derby,couple pike and sauger,the week b4 I was out with a couple buddies,I did ok 1-23 1-22.5 1-20 1-15 walleye and 1 small perch.as for anyone else in that area....I'm not sure what's been happening
GILLISHAMMER

Offline Pembina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2010, 07:20 AM »
not many caught at the derby,couple pike and sauger,the week b4 I was out with a couple buddies,I did ok 1-23 1-22.5 1-20 1-15 walleye and 1 small perch.as for anyone else in that area....I'm not sure what's been happening
Thanks for the response, had a friend who was thinking about trying it. Just trying to save some leg work.  Thanks again for the response!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.