Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1634309 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18000 on: Dec 21, 2019, 04:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  6* and calm on the Hill this am, high of 26 today.  The coyotes are talking up a storm again this morning.

Marv... My thoughts and prayers are with you all on your loss. Hope the family found strength in all the good memories yesterday....God Bless.
  I-45... hope all went well with your wife’s appointment. Glad to read the guys helped you out at the transfer station.
Taking Mr.Dickens to the park today?   :thumbsup:
  OS...your wife has a good Dr. in the house, hope she’s feeling better today...best wishes, thoughts and prayers continued.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...fortunately, there was no new concrete under the blankets that blew off, it was only the sub base that froze solid preventing us to pour. Will be looking forward to pictures of your Christmas present!     :thumbsup:
  H2...fingers crossed that ankle is feeling better today Sir, hope it was just the cold.   :thumbsup:   A buddy of mine who has a camp up on the reservoir will be there drilling some holes this morning, said there was about 5” near his place.
  Wally...I made it out late afternoon, found 7” on one lake but it was a 50/50 mix of good and white ice. Did get to try out the equipment for an hour or so though... :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you’re feeling better today, best wishes sent.   :thumbsup:

My errands got the best of me for most of the day, but I did get by the bait shop and stocked up, taking a week off from work after the closing bell on Christmas Eve.   :thumbsup:   
  Checked a few small local lakes, found plenty of ice to fish on, just not the best. About 7” on both, 3-4” of good black ice followed by softer white ice from all the snow melt. The deeper water lake I prefer to fish, just iced over out in the middle area, but the shoreline out to about the 30’ depth was good everywhere I checked.
  Going to give it a whirl this morning for a couple hours, then off to the Mall to get the shopping done.
  Did meet up with IceShanty member...Have Jig Will Travel at one of the lakes, best of luck to you and the group today if reading the thread!   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18001 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck today, both on the ice AND at the mall  :icefish: :wacko: :blink: :flex: :roflmao:

IW.....hope you're feeling better  ;)

IF45......glad you had help at the dump   :flex:

WS.....has the melt down started yet  ???

H2L.....hope the ankle's doing better  :)

Another cold one here overnight, warmer temps start moving in today thru next week  ::) 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18002 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:29 AM »
6* this morning.

Mr. Clean, congrats on your new "ride".
Eddie, good luck out there this morning. Be safe both on the ice and in the malls.

The ankle is not doing very well this morning. It hurts the worst when I try to lift my foot. Wife seems to think it is gout.

My nephew is getting married this afternoon. I won't be dancing and as of right now I won't be bowling on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18003 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Good morning Edie, WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

20 degrees so far but it's supposed to make 40 by mid afternoon :%$#!:

Eddie Thank you! Yesterday went fine, It was just a small gathering. Many memories and stories shared. Best of luck when you get on the ice :thumbsup:

WW Right now it still feels cool and crunchy out but they say it's coming by days end. When do you start loading your sleigh ???

IW hope you kicked the bug :thumbsup:

h2l hope it isn't gout, no one needs that.

Not much going on today. I will probably try to move some snow so the sun can do some melting.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18004 on: Dec 21, 2019, 08:47 AM »
Good morning overcast sky and 18 degrees heading to a high of thirty two. Like others tomorrow starts a warm up with daily highs in the forties. If the weather guessers are correct by next Friday I may see A wintry mix or rain for a couple of days. I hope my area can get off the weather roller coaster soon so the local lakes and ponds can build ice. I know some folks will be out fishing today reports of 5 to 6 inches of ice on what I assume are shallow and small ponds/lakes in neighboring Sullivan County. Maybe I will take my new ride for a road trip and do some ice checking tomorrow.
OldSailor may your wife have a good post surgery recovery under your and doctor's care and tolerate any therapy well talking with people who have gone through chemo. and radiation be told neither is pleasant.
Icefisher-45 good to hear you had help at the dump/transfer station. May your with get good results from the cardiac work.
Eddie I hope the sub-base is easy to repair/remove if the bosses decide to do more concrete work. Glad you got out fishing for a bit yesterday. Hope you do not have to spend much time in the Mall shopping.
Wallyworld may everything be ready for your trip to MA. If the weather forecasters are correct you should have good traveling.
Hunts2long sorry to read the ankle is still painful take it easy at the wedding. Congratulations to your nephew and his bride.
Whopper Stopper this roller coaster weather gets to all of us who want to ice fish. May your area see a period of colder weather so you can set out and yuse the new shack.
Ice Wanderer hope your doing better and your wife be having a good recovery.
Tom Turkey/Old Goat may your Holiday preparations be complete and your families and each of you have no major problems currently in your lives.

Have a Good Saturday. Best to all fishing remember to practice ice safety.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18005 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:42 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                       Thank you all for the get well wishes, I do feel better this morning but no 100% yet.
                       Eddie...…….We have some ice to fish on up here, if I'm better by Monday I will be out with Jon my ice fishing guy and IS member. :flex:
                       Marv...……..I read about your brake problem, the mechanic is right if one line goes it won't be long for another to go. $700 is cheap insurance
              rather than getting in an accident.. :whistle:
                       Steve........Why don't you take some gear with you when checking out some ponds, you might get the urge. :blink:
                       Wally...…….Have a safe trip to MA. :clap:
                       OS.........…I hope your wife is healing OK, remember she can't lift anything over 10 lbs.  ???  I don't know if you go in with her to all the appointments
              but we found it helpful, there is a lot of information to absorb for one person. :blink:
                       H2L......… Sorry to read about your ankle, yes, stay off the dance floor.  :woot: Rest up your bowling team needs you. :thumbsup:
                       Still resting today, I need to get well.
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18006 on: Dec 21, 2019, 01:59 PM »
IW, good to hear that you are feeling better. I see some guys out on the lake this morning. I should say I saw their huts. I think they were all in by their buddy heaters.
Won't be much dancing, I don't drink anymore....lol....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18007 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:41 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day outside. Per weather guessers next 5 days are going to be warm. My wife worked today. Her sugars have been good but she is still very tired. Comes home and falls asleep. Took Mr Dickens to the lake. A few people on the water today.

Ice Wanderer, I’m glad your feeling better and hope you got some rest today.

Mr Clean, Hopefully you took some ice fishing equipment with you today in case you found some ice.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you got some snow moved so it melts this week.

Hunts2long, Congratulations to your Nephew and his bride. Hope your ankle feels better. Keep it elevated with ice.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a safe trip to Massachusetts. Going to get the people at the transfer station a box of Joe from Dunkins.

Mason Eddie, Thats great you got out to drill a few holes. Miss getting out there.

I hope everyone had a great day and a good night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18008 on: Dec 21, 2019, 11:19 PM »
Well my roller coaster weather ride is on a run, 65 today, 64 tomorrow.  Antero Reservoir 100 miles from me has been down as low as 44-37 below.  Welcome to Winter  ;D
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18009 on: Dec 21, 2019, 11:33 PM »
Bud it's to warm here also the ice might go if it stays to hot for to many days. Then it would be the 3rd first ice here again. IW glad the bug left and hope Mrs. W treatments do the job. H2L congrats to your Nephew and new bride. Easy does it on the ankle bowling can wait. Mr. C post a pic of the new GMC if you can. My daughter is coming home tomorrow I'll see if she can post a pic of the rod case. I scrapped the prototype and went with something different. Stay safe if venturing out no fish worth your life.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18010 on: Dec 22, 2019, 04:32 AM »

Good morning Bud, OG, ER's,
                       You guys were up late or maybe early. ???
                       It's 17* and clear here on my hill. Warmer today but still below the freezing mark! ::)
                       H2L...…..How was the wedding? ???  I hope your ankle is feeling like bowling tonight. :blink:
                       I-45...….It's said that a diabetic is tired a lot, something that hasn't bothered me. Even my eye Dr. said "If you hadn't told me, I can't see
              that you have diabetes." Which is a good thing for me. Help your wife with the proper diet and she will soon have more energy. :flex:
                      OG......…These sea saw temps don't help the ice making. :o
                      Eddie.....Did you get to drill some holes yesterday? :unsure:
                      Marv...…How is the spearing lake doing, are you going to put the new house out this week? ???
                      Yesterday I was feeling so good that I wanted to do something but my wife suggested more rest, so I took he advice and watched some football.
              Congrats to the Patriots for clinching their division.
                      I think today I will do something, I haven't cleaned the snow from the back deck from the last snow, so I will do that today.
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18011 on: Dec 22, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

3 tries and lost them all so I am done. Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18012 on: Dec 22, 2019, 05:25 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......that's  :cookoo: :blink:  hope work has settled down  :whistle:

IW.....glad you're feeling better  :thumbsup:  don't overdo today  :nono:

H2L.....congrats to the bride and groom  :clap:  hope the ankle's not too bad today  :-\

Eddie.....heard guys were out on Oneida and Delta yesterday  :icefish:  :o  way too sketchy for me yet  :pinch: :blink:

IF45.....coffee's always a welcome treat  ;) 

WS....hope you got your snow moved yesterday  :)

OG.....enjoy your time with your daughter  :thumbsup:

TT.....hope all is well in your neck of the woods  ;)2

Today will be spent doing a little baking and getting things ready to hit the highway tomorrow  :flex: :thumbsup:

Have a good day whatever's on tap. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18013 on: Dec 22, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a sunny day and in the 40s. My wife is eating a lot of salad which is probably one of the reasons she’s tired. She fell asleep before the news not that there was anything on it. She’s working today. Has tomorrow off working Christmas Eve. I guess going over to her sisters on Christmas. That will be fun.

WallyWorld, You certainly do a lot of baking.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good day. I’ve lost quite a few posts lately.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good you got to rest and watch the football game. I heard it was a good game.

Old Goat, Hopefully you don’t lose to much ice. Supposed to be in the 50s this week.

IFF, How is work going? Hopefully not to busy. How’s the ice there? I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18014 on: Dec 22, 2019, 07:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The warmer temps have arrived here, 30* at the moment heading to 40 today.

Wally...I bet the grandchildren are starting to get real excited about your Christmas visit! One good thing about this warm front moving in will be clear roads for those traveling....have a safe trip!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...that sucks about the lost posts, hope things have cleared up now.... :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad to read you’re starting to feel better, a nice day coming to get some fresh air outside. Tomorrow the guessers are predicting a high of 50 here...best of luck to you and Jon tomorrow, won’t need hand warmers!   ;D :thumbsup:
  OG...will be looking forward to your pictures, safe travels to your daughter back home.    :thumbsup:
  Bud...if there is stranger weather to be found than in Colorado, I sure haven’t heard of it, lol. Don’t forget the sunscreen!  ;D
  I-45...how does M.Dickens like the snow, glad you got out for a nice walk again...did you chat with any of the fishermen?     :thumbsup:
  H2...take it easy on that ankle if you’re bowling tonight, hope it’s feeling better!   :thumbsup:   Never did get a reply from my buddy fishing at the reservoir yesterday.
  Steve...enjoy the ice recon mission today!  :icefish:   We’ll probably be pouring concrete in sweatshirts tomorrow, lol.

Had a change in plans yesterday again, lol. Met up with a buddy at 1pm and fished the afternoon together. We Swiss cheesed one new area that we wanted to try, and got rewarded with a mixed catch....pickerel, LM Bass, a few perch, and couple trout. Had an enjoyable trip, and we celebrated the beginning of a new season and breaking our maiden voyage with a couple Yuenglings that happened to be in my sled.   :whistle: 
  Fingers crossed this warm front doesn’t put the whammy on the first ice again....looking forward to having next week off.
  My oldest daughter turned the big 30 yesterday...we went to her favorite restaurant for dinner last evening...Japanese. Had a very nice time...especially watching the cook prepare the meal...and the Sake wasn’t bad either!   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s still on if anyone needs one!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18015 on: Dec 22, 2019, 07:36 AM »
9* and heading for the 30"s.

Had fun at the wedding. Not sure who was watching the jail. Maybe the "inmates" had a night off.

WW, have a good trip to Mass., weather looks good to be on the road.

The ankle feels a lot better this morning. Bowling league is having their Christmas party tonight so I will be going. I am bringing the baked beans. As far as bowling I will see.

Eddie, hope you are out on the ice and being safe...

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18016 on: Dec 22, 2019, 06:36 PM »
No new hire at work as yet that I know of, but did have a vision of training a couple.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18017 on: Dec 22, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Good evening got a late start today did take a road trip and the GMC preformed well need to visit the car wash once it warms up tomorrow trip was to Sullivan county (South Western Castkill Mtn area of NY.) little more snow then my area some of the back roads icy and covered with sand /salt mixture. So have to  get that off of the vehicle. I did not check Ice conditions but saw folks fishing on a small pond I passed in my travels. Depending on thickness and quality of the ice the warm weather next few days may not have much effect  .
Ice Wanderer glad your feeling better. Hope there is no shoulder soreness after cleaning the deck. Best to Jon and you if you get out fishing tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 may your wife's feel less tired with time. Nice thank you gift for the transfer station workers. Once you see here on I.S. that lakes near you are good  post in the MA. forum I'm sure somebody will get you out on the ice.
IFF that is some variation in temperatures believe it was last weekend where a newer member from your state posted a video of a trip to Grand Mesa area he and his girlfriend fished in a blizzard. May your dream of training a new cashier become a reality.
Old Goat purchased new batteries for my digital camera will try and load software that came with camera onto computer tomorrow and take some photos after I wash the GMC. What photo hosting site is cheap or free and works well with Ice shanty. Still getting up to date on today's technology. may your daughter have a safe trip home.
Whopper Stopper sorry you had troubles posting belive ther is some problem here on I.S. the site was slow loading on Friday. I also believe all the internet usage this time of year is affecting performance just my opinion.
wallyworld looks like you will have good weather for your trip. safe journey to MA.
Eddie good to read you got out with a buddy and got some fish onto the ice. Belated birthday wishes to your daughter.My BIL is of Japanese decent we had dinner for bridal party the night before wedding at a local Japanese restaurant. the chef's do have amazing knife skills and put on quite a show while cooking. Watch the Sake it can catch up on you.
Hunts2long happy you had a good time at nephew's wedding. Enjoy the bowling league Christmas party.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18018 on: Dec 23, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 32*, high of 49 today...this weather is more typical for late ice conditions not first ice, Doh!

Steve...glad to read you got out for a ride checking your local waters.  :thumbsup:  Will be stopping by the car wash today myself and getting the one month package offered...my black truck turns white this time of year!   ;D
  Bud...doubt we’ll see 65* here anytime soon, but it will probably feel like it here today to some of ice addicts, lol.
  H2...hope you had a good time at the party last evening and your ankle was problem free.  :thumbsup: 
  Wally...safe travels to Mass today, roads should be in great shape!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the gremlins have left your computer....  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...best of luck if drilling holes today, will be looking forward to your report!    :thumbsup:
  Tom/Capt.J....hope all is well with you fellas!   :thumbsup:

Back to sidewalks this am, last two days of work left and a week off.  :thumbsup:   Hopefully the ice doesn’t take too bad of a beating locally.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18019 on: Dec 23, 2019, 03:05 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

24 heading into the week with a string of near 40 temps.

mr.clean glad to read the GMC is preforming well :thumbsup:

h2l hope the ankle held up so you were able to bowl a few frames :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent short week :thumbsup:

WW safe travels, don't forget any packages or cookie tins :thumbsup:

45 enjoy the day with your wife :thumbsup:

IW hope the deck clearing went well. I took a ride to the spearing lake yesterday, there were a few guys out but  limited to walking. I don't see the new house going out any time soon with a week of mid to upper 30's on tap.

Yesterday afternoon our neighbors put on a Christmas get together. It was about the 15th year that we have gotten together. Just a small group of about 10, lots of food, drink, and laughs. Every year my neighbor lady makes me a big cheese ball, reminding me if you don't like something, don't fib and say you do :whistle:

My wife has the week off so not sure what the day will bring.

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe if hitting the ice or on the roads.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18020 on: Dec 23, 2019, 04:24 AM »
Good Morning. 31* and dark.
Mr. C, sounds like the GMC performed will. Nothing wrong with getting it dirty once in awhile. My wife loves the Catskills.

Eddie, saw quite a few people on the lake yesterday. Some were in places that were open water at the start of last week. NOT ME!!

The bowling party was fine, the team took all 4 points, I even helped, for 2 games. My first game was, lets just say, if it was much worst, I would have bowled my AGE...lol. The next two game I helped. It is a team sport you know. Ended up bowling pretty close to my avg. The ankle held up pretty good, thanks to IBUPROPEN.

I am pretty sure my furnace is shot. One day last week it didn't kick on until I power cycled it. This week end it has gotten to be a pretty regular issue. It was off and wouldn't start when I came home from bowling. Left it off overnight and at 4am turned it on and it is running. Three years ago I had to replace the control board and that I had to locate on E-Bay. It is 21 years old and was told when I had it checked out in the fall that it is getting close to replacement. MERRY CHRISTMAS, Linda. I am just getting another grey hair...lol
I have been checking all I can about furnace replacement so I can ask all the right questions this morning. I want them to "think" I know what I am doing. Things like BTU's, 1stage vs. 2stage, how much will give me for my youngest dau…..No not that question. Any way it should be a fun day. Just glad we have this warm weather this week.

Have a good day....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18021 on: Dec 23, 2019, 04:52 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad you were able to bowl last night  :flex: good luck with the furnace shopping  ;)2

Eddie.....happy birthday to your daughter  :thumbsup:  hope the next 2 days fly by, enjoy your time off  :clap:

WS....that'll teach to tell little white lies  :nono: :roflmao:  hope you and MrsWS have a good week  :clap:

MrC....once you have photos on your computer just click on the blue "P add image to post" below the box on the left side of the reply page, then just double click on photo you want to post  ;)

IW.....good luck if you're hittng the ice this morning  :icefish: :clap:  spud spud spud  ;D

Baking is done  :thumbsup:  some reindeer mix, raspberry bars and buffalo chicken dip ready to travel

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18022 on: Dec 23, 2019, 05:25 AM »
Good Morning Eddie,WS,H2L,WW and all ER's it's 39 already heading up to 48 today. yuck  H2L I thought you would end up bowling. Marv do anything new to your shack? Eddie nice ice report. WW the goodies look good.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18023 on: Dec 23, 2019, 07:24 AM »
I am still kicking. When I took the wife to a Drs. appointment  Thursday there were a couple of vehicles at the launch ramp and a pop up shanty on the lake. You can see where the wind blew ice when part of the lake opened up. Yesterday there was one guy in another spot. Not for me even though it has been cold. We got almost to 50 yesterday. It is not supposed to get  cold for quite a while.

Marv when the gremlins give you problems post a short post it then go back and modify as you will not lose your post. I do it all of the time as losing a long post gets aggravating.

Steve When we were in the city on Thursday every vehicle was white with salt. What gets me is when it is too cold for salt to work they do nothing to the roads. Simply putting down sand would help but they do not put any down. I had traveled a road one day that was packed snow. The next day a guy lost control hitting a friends car killing him. Simply putting sand down might have saved him as any little bit of sun on the sand would have given some grip to the road.

ww Have safe travels. I saw the wife had a jar of mince meat. I was hoping that she was going to make me a pie. Instead she made cookies. You can not even taste the mince meat. The woman that adopted me as I was at her house so much made her own mince meat using venison. Those pies were to die for. I have her recipe some where but I have never tried it. I will have to try you suggestion on posting pictures. The way this computer is set up I am not able to copy and paste. GRRRRR.

Eddie It is good to here that you got into a mixed bag of fish. Happy Belated Birthday to you daughter.  I can not remember when I turned 30! I love Chinese food. Our go to restaurants keep raising their prices while the quality of the food keeps going down hill.

IW I take a couple of ibuprofen as soon as I get up every morning. it makes my hands loose up so I can use them. When I decided to put in a fuel oil furnace to replace the small propane floor furnace I was lucky to know a guy that was a truck driver that also still held a heating license. He got me an over sized furnace at whole sale. I was able to install it my self after enlarging the Michigan cellar. with the furnace being over size it heated the house great even being cheaper being over size. That furnace lasted over 20 years. It was after I had gotten a divorce. I got stopped by a guy that had just de rove by the house seeing the furnace putting out black smoke. I stopped and told her to shut it down. The guy that replaced the furnace said every thing in the house was covered with soot.

I went over Sunday to finish up fixing the patch on the roof. I have to love my son as he had put it back down and secured it. All I had to do was tar over a few spots.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18024 on: Dec 23, 2019, 11:49 AM »
Good Late Morning, Let my wife sleep in today. She was tired last night. This diabetes is making her tired. She’s going to try and make some ornaments today for her sisters and a couple of friends.

Tom Turkey, Haven’t seem to many people on the ice around here. Hope your wife’s Drs appointment went well. Going to be a warm week. Towns do need to put sand down when it snows. That was good your son started the patching on the roof.

WallyWorld, looks like you have a big load of cookies. Have a safe trip.

Hunts2long, Thats good your ankle held up while bowling. Good luck with the furnace shopping.

Whopper Stopper, Thats what you get for fibbing, sounds like it was a great time.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully you get out on the ice soon.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18025 on: Dec 23, 2019, 09:29 PM »
The dollar rod box

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18026 on: Dec 23, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Good evening got into the mid forties during the mid-day hours. The GMC is washed local car wash was as popular today as last minute shopping at stores for Christmas. While washing the vehicle noticed on of the fog lights was wishing so drove to c car dealer/body shop where I purchased the car turns out the fog light came loose from bracket that holds it and had slipped behind the front grill. what a job to put back in place after putting vehicle on lift had to remove front driver's side tire and part of wheel well liner to get back into place light is now back in place and working. Christmas presents are wrapped and ready for transport to Sister's and BIL's .
Eddie the 1998 Jeep Cherokee I owned was black know what you mean about it turning white during winter Months. May you have no problems with the sidewalk work. Enjoy the short work week and your vacation.
Whopper Stopper sometimes it is better to be honest and possibly insult a friend hopefully the party host did not give you any left over cheese log to bring home.  May the temperature drop and ice build in your area so you can get the new shack out and post a photo of some fish you speared.
Wallyworld thank for for the photo posting trip i put new lithium batteries in my camera and will take a few photos tomorrow. I will also ask my sister or BIL to take some photos with their camera and try posting here on I.S. with their computer. Hope you had a safe problem free trip to MA. the Reindeer mix looks like a variation on the Chex party mix recipe might contact for the recipe once your back home.
Hunts2long sorry to read about your furnace always seems to quit or malfunction during colder weather. May the new one be installed and keeping your house warm and water hot. Glad you could bowl a few games and your team had a good night. Have you thought about an ankle brace to help with the pain and healing process. Catskills' is a nice region of NY. I will say the same for your location.
Old Goat similar temperatures here seems a yearly event for me start making ice and an extended warm spell comes to visit. Hope your daughter is safely home and had a good semester at college. rod box came out nice ,what type of foam did you use and where did you purchase it. I have a Frabill rod case/box that I want to chage interior of to fit some of my rods.
Tomturkey as you may know their are several chemical compounds know as Salts Sodium Chloride probably being the best known and used for highways. One problem with it does not work as well for ice melting when temperature is near or below zero degrees (F) .Calcium Chloride works at lower temperatures but is more expensive the common twenty five pound bag will run you $20 to $25 dollars not sure which salt is more corrosive to the highway trucks. believe one is better for concrete walkways lasting longer. Sand mixed in with the salt is good for traction and ice melting by absorbing sun light. Does make a mess of your vehicles. hope the wife had a good doctor's appointment.
Icefisher-45 just a thought has your wife talked to her doctor/doctors about the tiredness might need an adjustment in Insulin dosage and other medications. Sounds like she is a crafts person who enjoys making things for others.
Ice Wander did you and Jon get out on the local ice .Looking forward to any photos you took of your time out fishing.

A Blessed and Happy Chanukah to all who celebrate it.

Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18027 on: Dec 23, 2019, 11:00 PM »
Mr. Clean the foam is 3/8 inch camp pad for under sleeping bags. Closed cell foam I believe. I grab them whenever I find them cheap they work good for shipping, covering the floor of the jon boat, packing around flasher batteries and in the tent when camping. Garage sales thrift stores and CL is where I find most all of them.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18028 on: Dec 24, 2019, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Merry Christmas Eve!  :bow:
  A bit windy and 33* this am, high of 37 today.

Marv...a pretty special day for you and Jo today right?  Happy Anniversary and many, many more to come!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Steve...glad they took the time to get you right in and fix the fog light problem quickly, excellent! Safe travels to NJ and a wonderful Christmas to you all.   :thumbsup:
  OG...awesome job on the rod box!  :clap: :icefish:
  I-45... hope your wife is feeling better today, how did the ornaments turn out?   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad to see you back, missed reading your posts!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW had clear sailing and a safe trip to Mass! Thanks for sharing all the pictures of the treats, they look scrumptious!!   :thumbsup:
  H2...sorry to read about the furnace problems, dang! Glad the team did well and your ankle held up!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report if you made it out fishing!   :thumbsup:

Today will be our last day outside on sidewalks for the season...hurray!   ;D   
  We ( the crew ) did something a little bit special this year for Christmas. We all chipped in and adopted a family for Christmas. A single Mom with 5 children facing some pretty strenuous times. Sometimes we feel like we have things going pretty rough until we hear someone else’s troubles...we’ve all been there right?
   We raised enough money to make it a little more comforting for them this year and made sure Santa will be coming to their house tonight.  :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18029 on: Dec 24, 2019, 04:16 AM »
Good morning Eddie, OG! Good morning everyone :bow:

Another mild day flirting with temps in the upper 30's. It sure appears the new spear house will be getting the winter off :cookoo:

Eddie hats off to you and the crew for adopting a family at this special time of year, what a beautiful thing to do :bow: :bow: The Christmas season has always been my favorite time for many reasons, but mainly because of stories of acts of kindness from people like yourself :clap: :clap:.  Yes today is #28 for my wife and I, Thank You! I have said it before and I will say it again, the day we got married I won the lottery. It has been a wonderful ride that I hope lasts for years to come..

OG excellent looking rod case, nice job :thumbsup:

IW hope you made it out yesterday and had some luck :thumbsup:

TT Thanks for the tip! I will start doing that :thumbsup:

WW hope the ride went well. It has to be exciting waking up with the family :thumbsup:

mr.clean the cheese ball ordeal was even worse than I had said. Not only did I have to eat a few crackers full of it, but she sent another one home with me ??? Glad to read you got the light fixed with no problems :thumbsup: Safe travels Sir!

Not a lot going on here today. My wife wants to spend time enjoying the Christmas tree and and watching a few favorite Christmas shows. I can do that.

Hope everyone has an excellent and safe day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.