Author Topic: Insulated waterproof bibs  (Read 2049 times)

Offline carcus

• IceShanty Rookie
Insulated waterproof bibs
« on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:56 AM »
Looking at buying some good waterproof insulated bibs, don't mind paying as long as they are good, I was looking at the fabril suit on ebay, it looks ok, also cabela's insulated guidewear, most important feature would be waterproofing, hate having wet knees, any advice would be nice.........Jason

Offline bubbahide

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Insulated waterproof bibs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Cabelas has a good line of gore tex bibs. I have a pair of there water foul bibs with gore tex and never gotten wet. Even kneeling in 2in of water. They are expensive but worth every penny.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Offline carcus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Anybody try arctic armor, it looks good, got to know if is comfortable and most important the knees must be waterproof.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:40 AM »
2nd for Cabelas Guide Wear, mines not insulated but works year round with proper layers.

Offline Rubberdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:53 PM »
My Guidewear was worth every penny. I use both the insulated and uninsulated versions, absolutely 100% waterproof

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:57 PM »
I got the Artic armor red suit...I like it and like the idea that should I ever go in, the suit will float me!!

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2011, 12:28 AM »
If money is not a problem than you should go ahead and buy the best suit on the market. Arctic Armor is by far the best and wil be the greatest investment you can make in this sport. I got one in Jan. and it is great. You really gotta dial in on what you wear underneath to prevent yourself from sweating. I've used the suit 6-8 times and I think I've finally figured it out. I was out for bout 6 hours today and never got cold nor did I have any sweat chills.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:22 AM »
check glens outdoors and check out the frabill fxe snosuit bibs.these bibs are awesome the other day i was kneeling in 2" of water all day and stayed perfectly dry,these bibs are crazy warm to i only wear blue jeans no long underwear in -15 temps and i'm as toasty as can be

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Another vote for the Frabill FXE SnoSuit, super warm, breathable, keeps you nice and dry, plus it has zippered vents and lots of pockets!

Craig

Offline carcus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Ordered the Arctic Armor suit today got a wicked deal, can't wait to use it.

Offline Phish on

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:48 AM »
I previously used the Cabelas Guidewear suit, it worked great for keeping you dry and warm.  I have since switched to the Frabill FXE Snosuit and could not be happier.  Nothing wrong with the Cabelas suit, but the Snosuit is a notch above.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.