Author Topic: Milwaukee disappointment  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Milwaukee disappointment
« on: May 07, 2023, 09:37 AM »
Needed an extra sawz-all for a project & imo there's no other option than the original.
Been beating the hell out of these things for decades & found there only enemies to be gravity & they can't swim.
This is the top of the line super sawz-all w/ orbital action & red-link. After 3 weeks of use , trimming rafters & changing 1 sump pump, the quick change blade chuck had to be lubed & spun w/ vise grips to remove blade , all exposed metal is rusted & the motor seized, which sounded like a video game & destroyed a 5ah battery.
The disappointment continued when I contacted customer support & they answered Ryobi /Ridgid how can we help you?
So now the best tools ever made are going the route of DeWalt/ Black & Decker or Stanley & Craftsman, meaning the homeowners tool quality will improve but the professional settles for mediocre.

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Milwaukee disappointment
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 09:42 AM »
I did receive a full refund for the saw but couldn't get any rythm on a 1 1/2. yr old battery.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 04:11 PM »
I have the other Fuel Sawzall, not as fancy.  Works for me.   I actually like the Hackzall better for most work. The sawzalls are heavy, Hackzall is good one handed.  I wish I had bought the hackzall before the m12 6" chainsaw pruner.  The hackzall would be great and just as good with the tree branch blade on it.   

But I also found that the batteries are too darned expensive to be using these when I have power readily available.  My M18 circular saw and the sawzalls can burn through a 5amp battery in minutes.  I have a cabin that i am demoing parts of and found myself with no batteries for a bit while they charged. 

My son uses m12 exclusively for his autobody work, always has one of his tools in the factory shop at any given time, thank goodness for the 5 year warranty.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2023, 09:34 AM »
Why should RUST be a Milwaukee problem?  Sounds like lack of maintenance.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2023, 11:52 AM »
I agree with slayer… I own and operate a construction business. Own many Red tools, along with a few select Blue and yellow tools. If tools get wet, finish the job and spray the metal parts with a little WD-40 and wipe them down. Sounds to me the sump pump job took a toll on that sawzall. We beat the snot out of tools and most never have a motor lock up. Maintenance goes along way. We don’t have time for breakdowns to run for another tool.

The Milwaukee hackzall is a badass light duty tool!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Hakzall is a killer saw. I take it camping in the mountains and whip out a buttload of. firewood in no time!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.