Author Topic: What's new for 2020/2021?  (Read 49531 times)

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What's new for 2020/2021?
« Reply #120 on: Sep 21, 2020, 01:18 AM »
Awesome! I really like the #3 pLine on my UL panfish rods.  A hi-vis line is nice for line watching/bite detection though.

Yeah it's called frost, looks like it came out a few years ago actually, and they have a frost mono, frost braid and a frost fluoro. I'm going to try the new for this year(hey I'm staying on topic  ;) ) gold color in mono this year on a rod. https://clamoutdoors.com/pages/frost-ice-line

the gold colored frost mono is great. I was given a sample spool of it to test out last season. I liked it for the fact that it makes tying knots a lot easier. also really is good for those people that like to tight line because it stands out against the snow and ice and you can really see bites with it. I will be running it on all my rods this year. The frost line is made by Sunline and has been out for the two past season. The gold color is new this year because there was a few of the pro staff members that were asking for it to be made since up to now no one made a gold colored ice line in a long time so Clam decided to do the gold color. I believe it was Stren that had a gold colored line once but then discontinued it for some reason. Up until the Frost line coming out two seasons ago I was running the Berkley Micro Ice in solar green. That is another good hi visible line too.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #121 on: Sep 21, 2020, 05:48 AM »

Suffix makes a hi viz Ice line ,
 Stren still makes hi viz but not ice ,

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #122 on: Sep 21, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Looks to me like the portion of the cutting head where the blades mount to is the composite polymer material.  The ring of the cutting head appears to be metal based on the pic on their website.  I presume the flighting is a typical polymer material.

The quote on their website..."The composite polymer bottom allows for the smoothest cut..." sure doesn't make sense to me, as I thought the only thing doing the cutting is the blades?

I FB Msg them this is their response ..they dont seem to be highlighting clearly  the 10 in composite auger drill unit in their description.

If you are referring to the ION G2 10", then yes.  This bit is made from a composite polymer.  Thanks and have a great day.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #123 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:01 AM »
 Thanks HW
 If memory serves strike master came out with a synthetic head and shaft in 2017

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #124 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Thanks HW
 If memory serves strike master did a synthetic in 2017

SM light flight 6" and 8" fit directly onto their 22mm output shaft powerhead..folks can lighten the load of their gas auger with the light flight.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #125 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:16 AM »
SM light flight 6" and 8" fit directly onto their 22mm output shaft powerhead..folks can lighten the load of their gas auger with the light flight.
Your right ,   , i was wondering how long before someone else would do the same
  My bud is a rep and tried to talk me into 1
 but I run Nils with a 18fuel ,
 But they are much lighter than my rig

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #126 on: Sep 21, 2020, 10:24 AM »

For those folks that want to run the SM Light Flight via the Clam Plate I believe the K-Drill to Clam Plate adapter is the adapter you need.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Sep 21, 2020, 11:55 AM »
The K-Drill adapter doesn't fit snug to the SM Lite Flite. Sleddog1 makes an adapter that marries the Clam plate to the SM Lite Flite.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #128 on: Sep 21, 2020, 12:11 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #129 on: Sep 21, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Milwaukee inverter ...cant find it on the Home Depot site as of yet

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Sep 21, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Pretty neat. Though I can't think of anything that i would need AC for, specially only at 1.4 amps. Cool find.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #131 on: Sep 21, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Pretty neat. Though I can't think of anything that i would need AC for, specially only at 1.4 amps. Cool find.

Maybe wheel house guys ..fans and stuff ...or for some DVD recorder for underwater cameras comes to mind .

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
ION G2 10"
« Reply #132 on: Sep 21, 2020, 02:59 PM »
Hallelujah!   Finally a mass market poly/composite 10" auger will be available for us this season.   I've done several videos using the old metal ION 10" with my Rigid Octane and it worked great.   I'm very confident this one will even work better!    Of course it won't be marketed for the Drill Driver user,  but ice fishermen will figure it out I'm sure.  ;)

https://ioniceaugers.com/collections/ion-g2/products/ion-g2-gen2-10-inch-39400

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ION G2 10"
« Reply #134 on: Sep 22, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Hallelujah!   Finally a mass market poly/composite 10" auger will be available for us this season.   I've done several videos using the old metal ION 10" with my Rigid Octane and it worked great.   I'm very confident this one will even work better!    Of course it won't be marketed for the Drill Driver user,  but ice fishermen will figure it out I'm sure.  ;)

How did you attach the old metal ION bit to your rigid? I have an old auger bit laying around that I'd like to do that to, for a back up.
Da Pack!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline XN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Sep 22, 2020, 08:09 AM »

I could run my tv and dvd off of that. only takes 48 watts

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #138 on: Sep 22, 2020, 08:28 AM »
That specifies that its just for strikemaster auger bits, will it work for the old IONs?

The steps are 18mm (most hand augers) and 22mm (most power head augers)  I also believe the K-Drill adapter will work also

https://kdrillauger.com/drive-adapter.html

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #139 on: Sep 22, 2020, 09:30 AM »
How did you attach the old metal ION bit to your rigid? I have an old auger bit laying around that I'd like to do that to, for a back up.

I used the Strikemaster adapter (NDA-3) it worked great.   The funny thing is that the ION 10" was cheaper than the other specific drill augers.

Here's a trip towards the end of year for me and about 18" of ice.

&t=88s

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #140 on: Sep 22, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Nothing really new on display here, but this is the first video I've seen on the new Vexilar.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #142 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:39 AM »
It sure would be nice if the mods here allowed specific topics on these new items rather then 12 discussions going on... so hard to follow.   Why did my post get moved here but not others in the main forum such as the NEW Pflueger inline reel? 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Sep 22, 2020, 12:29 PM »

You know that Strikemaster will now have to quickly come out with a light-weight, 10 inch auger with plastic flightings! Lol.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Sep 22, 2020, 01:10 PM »
Here a 10 inch

https://www.amazon.com/Clam-Outdoors-Length-Extension-Blades/dp/B07ZW92P3F

this is no longer made. it was the 10 inch bit from the 120 volt auger that Clam partnered with Frictionless world on.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Sep 22, 2020, 03:45 PM »
the gold colored frost mono is great. I was given a sample spool of it to test out last season. I liked it for the fact that it makes tying knots a lot easier. also really is good for those people that like to tight line because it stands out against the snow and ice and you can really see bites with it. I will be running it on all my rods this year. The frost line is made by Sunline and has been out for the two past season. The gold color is new this year because there was a few of the pro staff members that were asking for it to be made since up to now no one made a gold colored ice line in a long time so Clam decided to do the gold color. I believe it was Stren that had a gold colored line once but then discontinued it for some reason. Up until the Frost line coming out two seasons ago I was running the Berkley Micro Ice in solar green. That is another good hi visible line too.
I know this might seem like A dumb question but won’t the fish see the line? I too would like to try The high viz. line gold because my eyes aren’t what they used to be. It would be nice to see the subtle Crappie bites with this line.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #147 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:27 PM »
I know this might seem like A dumb question but won’t the fish see the line? I too would like to try The high viz. line gold because my eyes aren’t what they used to be. It would be nice to see the subtle Crappie bites with this line.

I don't worry about it much unless on a super clear lake, or very pressured lake and extremely finicky. Not all of my panfish rods have hi vis line.  We have several big ice fishing panfish tournament circuits here in MN and a majority of the top anglers use a few rods with hi vis for bite detection/line watching.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #148 on: Sep 23, 2020, 05:57 AM »

I fish a lot of Vicious hi vis yellow line on my pan fish rods..mostly using a ball bearing swivel and clear mono leader line in my in a very gin clear lake ..only thing that I will say a silver colored swivel does attract a lot of blue gills hits .

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #149 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Lakewood cases has a new case for the 2020 season.

https://lakewoodproducts.com/product/ice-rod-caddy-large/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.