Author Topic: Otter Hub Help  (Read 2696 times)

Offline boomer88

• IceShanty Rookie
Otter Hub Help
« on: Mar 23, 2020, 03:56 PM »
I took my new Otter Pro hub this weekend and put it up just to see how it all works and how i liked it, all was good. When I took it down without thinking I popped the roof first and then a couple sides, before I realized what i had done, it was too late. Everything was a tangled inside out mess. I messed with it for an hour trying to turn it and move things to get it back to restored order with out any luck.

Only way I could get it undone was I took a couple sections of poles out. The roof and 2 small sides. I was able to get it untangled and it back in order, however, i have these poles that need to go back through the hub back to its place.

Anyone ever found an easy way or best practice? I tried it a little bit but was not having much luck.
Does a guy put it up the best he can and then slide them in? does he do it while it is down and kind of turn the area inside out and put them in....?

I am a little frustrated to say the least (for multiple reasons)

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
Re: Otter Hub Help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2020, 12:14 PM »
I really like mine but it is not easy to set up nor take down. Hubs seem to interlock and must be very careful.
I've tried the method shown on youtube flipping it over the shoulder with no success. I have best results
setting up a side, working around the sides then popping the roof.   

Offline boomer88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:27 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

What i am actually looking for suggestions on is how to get my poles back in.

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2020, 10:52 AM »
I suggest calling Otter on that.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2020, 02:40 PM »
That's what should have been done right off the bat!!!  :thumbsup: ;)2 :flex: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2020, 08:07 PM »
That's what should have been done right off the bat!!!  :thumbsup: ;)2 :flex: :whistle:
Yep cause there ain’t nothing anywhere that I could find. Good luck!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline boomer88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2020, 01:49 PM »
I suggest calling Otter on that.

Their reply
Word for word. "It can be done but it can be difficult"

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Their reply
Word for word. "It can be done but it can be difficult"
Bummer! Did you tell them that you had already figured that out on your own? Again good luck!
Keep it safe! JDl

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2020, 10:27 AM »
Reminds me of a story from the '70's

My uncle worked on the assembly line for American Motors, and bought one of their cars- the infamous AMC Pacer.

Like many AMC cars in that era, it was a lemon, and had no end of problems. He called for support, and after a lengthy wait was connected with the tech help person; He described an intermittent engine problem, with a lot of detail, since he worked on that car, and was very familiar with how things were supposed to work, and what proper terms for everything were. After several minutes of description, the tech on the other end came back with :

"Sounds like an internal problem"

My uncle hung up and fixed it himself eventually.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2020, 11:44 AM »
Had a 4 sided turkey/hunting blind that had several broken poles ..after ordering some new poles I was able to install them. It was a task ..I did so by opening it up as best I could and disassembling each hub mechanism inserting the new rod and reassembling the hub mechanism . I think it took three men to carefully get it to opened up ..in several tries .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.