Author Topic: Stiker Ice Hardwater Suit  (Read 4984 times)

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!
Stiker Ice Hardwater Suit
« on: Nov 02, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Wanting to get a new suit this year and wondered if any of you guys/ladies who own the Hardwater Series have any issues or things you don't like about them? 
Pretty decent penny to drop on one so just thought I'd ask to see if anyone could give me their review of them.  Pros, cons, etc.    Thanks for any info!!!   

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Stiker Ice Hardwater Suit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2019, 11:11 AM »
after using my set for years, the most important part of the suit is the bibs. i always wear them and the coat is worn on ice that's not as thick or hard as i prefer and then used as a life vest more or less. when the sun drops and gets cold or windy cold cloudy days the coat is used unless i'm in a shelter. i have bought 2 other brands, clam and artic armor and this brand is the best. i did have a seam tape rip in one knee after warranty and they repaired it for free. i only had to pay for shipping to them and they worked on both knees. i fish on my knees a lot and often water is on top of the ice is how i knew the tape tore.
last year i bought the climate bibs just because i prefer black, but they fit larger.
the hardwater series is the thickest material they offer is another reason i bought them.

i only wear a base layer under either bib. i wear a base layer and their performance hoodie for the top and most of the time the coat is not used. i wear it walking on and off of the ice basically and it sits in a flip or tub waiting for the sun to drop or winds to pick up.
so even if i'm not cold, but i get line freeze i set up shelter to stop it as i jig always and you don't want to wear the coat in a heated shelter. the bibs can be vented along the zipper that runs from hips to feet and i have them open driving to/from the lake, they are that warm and you don't want to get your base layer wet. i do the same with footwear.

the only thing i don't like about their bibs is the gators and i want to cut them out, but have not. i don't want to have to snap anything or unsnap anything to use them, just the zipper is all i use and the gator wants to slip down from under the bib.

some complain of the bulk of the hardwater series, but i like them. the ones that complain seem to move down to the trekker series to get away from it.

i recommend any thing striker makes except gloves.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2019, 11:19 AM »
I have the striker predator bibs and jacket. I love them, they are plenty warm. The hardwater is even warmer and maybe to warm. with the predator line I have to take my jacket off at times because im too warm.

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Thank you so much for the great info!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Thank you so much for the great info!!

Good video...you may be better off with the Predator line up ..the Hardwater is quite warm ..hardest part is dressing down ..i recommend tech weight base with some jogging pants.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Thanks again for all the info guys.  Unfortunately, it appears the Striker Suits aren't made for heavy guys like me.  I went to a store and tried on the 5XL and its too small....       
Not sure what other options I have for a good ice fishing suit.   Really really like all the features of the Striker, but too much money to pay for something that doesn't fit.   

I can't be the biggest due ice fishing.  Im 5' 10", weight about 360.  Large chest, large shoulders, and gut. Got to be other options out there.  If not, its going to be a boring winter for this guy.   

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Thanks again for all the info guys.  Unfortunately, it appears the Striker Suits aren't made for heavy guys like me.  I went to a store and tried on the 5XL and its too small....       
Not sure what other options I have for a good ice fishing suit.   Really really like all the features of the Striker, but too much money to pay for something that doesn't fit.   

I can't be the biggest due ice fishing.  Im 5' 10", weight about 360.  Large chest, large shoulders, and gut. Got to be other options out there.  If not, its going to be a boring winter for this guy.   
what?im 6’2” and 300 and 3xl fits with room even.i have broad shoulders and pretty decent size gut too lol

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Yep.  Tried it on today.  Was ready to bite the bullet and purchase it, but could barely get it zipped and definitly couldn't move my arms. 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:13 PM »
Yep.  Tried it on today.  Was ready to bite the bullet and purchase it, but could barely get it zipped and definitly couldn't move my arms.
thats sucks if 5xl doesn’t fit.not many suit options out there bigger than that.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:38 PM »

Which series Striker did you try on?  Some are cut fuller than others.  Try calling the company for more info.

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:51 PM »
I tried on the Hardwater series.  I did contact the company via their website earlier this afternoon.  Still on the hunt for something...   any suggestions welcome!!! 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:19 PM »
climate suit series seemed to have run larger. maybe give it a try.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:19 PM »
I remembered seeing Zippy Dahl wearing an Ice Armor Ascent parka and the 5XL chest size is listed as being 67-70" vs. Striker's 5XL at 58-61"

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/ascent-float-parka.html

Otherwise, you may have to work with Striker, IA, etc. to see if a suit can be altered.

Good luck.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2019, 10:56 PM »
I have the Predator bib and it plenty warm for me, almost to warm and that's being outside.

Love mine....
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:09 AM »
what?im 6’2” and 300 and 3xl fits with room even.i have broad shoulders and pretty decent size gut too lol

How did it fit in the arms?  Were they long enough?  No one seems to make a tall version and arms are never long enough for me.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:12 AM »
How did it fit in the arms?  Were they long enough?  No one seems to make a tall version and arms are never long enough for me.
yeah arms have elastic cuffs that extend out from the jacket.i have knuckle dragging ape arms too.fits great

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:14 AM »

Striker does...may be tough to find and even tougher to find a deal

https://strikerbrands.com/pages/size-chart
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:56 AM »
For all the owners of the Hardwater series, how flexible is this suit? Don't want to feel restricted. Some good black Friday deals coming up and I might get a set. Im 5' 10" 180, what size should I get as well? Thanks!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:54 AM »
I'm 5'9" and 165 and wear a medium bibs and jacket in the predator suit. So maybe a large? The M bibs might be roomy enough though idk.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2019, 09:22 AM »
For all the owners of the Hardwater series, how flexible is this suit? Don't want to feel restricted. Some good black Friday deals coming up and I might get a set. Im 5' 10" 180, what size should I get as well? Thanks!

They are warm and pretty flexible ..when they first came out years ago  they advertised a "Carhart " feel.. which I shied away from ..after my buddy got a pair and seeing it in action ..no longer a concern ..I would go by the SI sizing chart ..go a size large ..as loft/air is your friend ..plus added layers wont be a problem/situation. I noticed after a gentle washing/drying all my fishing suits tend to be more flexible ..I think there is a factory sizing spray involved.

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Striker does...may be tough to find and even tougher to find a deal

https://strikerbrands.com/pages/size-chart

According to their website the hardwater xlt is "Coming Soon"...  So not available yet.  They only have the predator available in xlt.

Offline sam brodrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2019, 06:59 PM »
im a fat f#$k 5'11"375 ish. i found a 5x pair of hardwater bibs on fleebay for 130 buck. so i grabed them,glad i did they look and smell brand new . i think they are a bit to big. they are super flexible in the crotch and the flexfit sides or whatever they call it is pretty dope. they dont catch in the crotch when i get into the pickup like my carhearts. so overall love the fit just wish they were 4x they are huge. my carhearts are 54x32 and  my carheart jeans are 56x30 so i dont know how striker is figuring their sizes. other than size though im scared these hardwaters are gonna be way to freakin hot to wear on any but the most miserable cold wind night fishing trips. i cant even imagine what the matching coat would be like. i do drag alot of gear on foot and punch holes by hand like a crazy person so im really active on the ice, i never sit in on place very long. the shoulder straps seem like they were taken off of a much cheaper set of bibs,given the outstanding quality of the rest of them. the pockets on the thighs are cool but the chest pocket is retarded. the hole for the pocket on 5x bibs is tiny, i can not fit my hand into the hole without ripping it and its huge so you really have to dig around in there so boo on that. bright side it had a new set of clippers and hemostats in the pocket when i got em. so like i said i wear 56x30 jeans and 3x shirts 5x is a bit big. the bibs are bad ass but i think will be to hot. hope that helps you fatties find some float suits.
I hate not fishing

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2019, 06:52 PM »
6'3" 200lbs and I went with the Predator XL bibs, fits excellent with a hoodie underneath :)

I tried on a few pair of Simms challenger insulated bibs and they where nice but the sized where not super great on me, felt like the chest part of the bib
was just way to low...
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #23 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:17 PM »
Anyone wearing the predator coat or bibs at roughly 5'10 230. I have a different build with 29 inch legs most guys are 32 ish.
XL sound right or 2x?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Anyone wearing the predator coat or bibs at roughly 5'10 230. I have a different build with 29 inch legs most guys are 32 ish.
XL sound right or 2x?

I think you will be fine with a size large in the bibs ..jacket in large unless you got super shoulders...where do you fall on the SI sizing chart for your waist ..pretty accurate for sizing.

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #25 on: Nov 19, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Thanks Hardwater,
Definitely XL in jacket and probably large in Bib. I did not see sizing,
Thanks Charlie   

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.