New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024844 times)

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5100 on: Dec 17, 2020, 12:08 PM »
New to the site. How was the "fall-eye" bite this year?

shore fishing and wading was great!  The bite started earlier this year, as early as I can remember anyway and continued right through last Friday for me.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5101 on: Dec 17, 2020, 12:09 PM »
Well fellers......the time has come to let my better half enjoy the warmth of a southern climate...south for the winter months...my ice fishing career is coming to an end after 50+ yrs........gonna be a hard transition for myself but hopefully will adapt to some S. Carolina fishing.......and maybe a round of golf or 2........she's earned it , putting up with me for so long............ya'll have a great and safe ice season and save a few for me for next spring.......P.S.-( might have to grab a quick flight home for a week or so.....shhhh)...lol
Going to miss your reports and our occasional ice sharing ,
  Keep in touch , when things get better save me a seat in the boat

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5102 on: Dec 17, 2020, 12:33 PM »
Have a great winter Scout. We will miss your reports.

You should have convinced her to go to Arizona and you could chase Coues Deer (mini whitetails) in the rut!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5103 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Sad to say we lost a good one guys. My ice fishing buddy and friend Perky has passed away after a tough fight with cancer. He will be greatly missed and it won’t be the same without him on the ice. RIP my friend

https://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries/syracuse/obituary.aspx?n=george-perkins-perk&pid=197318365
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5104 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:55 AM »
Sorry to hear, may he RIP

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5105 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:56 AM »

Thanks for posting Bob
 I’ll never forget that day panfishing , omg , that was hilarious, he chewed that guys ass out , I bet that guys butt is still red 😜

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5106 on: Dec 20, 2020, 08:07 AM »
Sorry to hear may he R.I.P.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5107 on: Dec 20, 2020, 08:31 AM »
That is sad news Bobby.

I didn’t really know Perky but I know my dad did.

Did he fish Ontario sometimes? I remember a story about him losing a pole with a fish on it while trolling. Then he circled around until he hooked the pole and I think he got the fish too.

I am pretty sure it was Perky but I probably heard that story about 25 years ago so I could be wrong!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5108 on: Dec 20, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Thanks guys. He was a hell of a fisherman. Fred that was classic Perky. Thought I was gonna have to save his ass a few times out on the ice when he would go on a rant lol. Bruce I never heard that story but it could be from his younger days.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5109 on: Dec 20, 2020, 10:07 AM »
Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and Prayers will be with his family and friends. May he rest in peace...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5110 on: Dec 20, 2020, 12:54 PM »
Sad to say we lost a good one guys. My ice fishing buddy and friend Perky has passed away after a tough fight with cancer. He will be greatly missed and it won’t be the same without him on the ice. RIP my friend

https://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries/syracuse/obituary.aspx?n=george-perkins-perk&pid=197318365

Bob I'm sorry for our loss l. Him and my Buddy Hoss are watching over all of us now
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5111 on: Dec 20, 2020, 01:02 PM »
my prayers   to family and  friends 

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5112 on: Dec 20, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Sorry for your loss Bobby. There will never be another Perky. RIP!!
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5113 on: Dec 21, 2020, 04:43 AM »
Sorry for your loss  :'(  thoughts and prayers to family and friends  :(

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5114 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Well fellers......the time has come to let my better half enjoy the warmth of a southern climate...south for the winter months...my ice fishing career is coming to an end after 50+ yrs........gonna be a hard transition for myself but hopefully will adapt to some S. Carolina fishing.......and maybe a round of golf or 2........she's earned it , putting up with me for so long............ya'll have a great and safe ice season and save a few for me for next spring.......P.S.-( might have to grab a quick flight home for a week or so.....shhhh)...lol

Enjoy the warm weather, Scout! Thanks for all your great reports over the years.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5115 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:48 AM »
So sorry to hear about Perky. I met him for the first time fishing the slips last spring. We chatted and I got to hear a lot of great stories about the old days. What a great guy. RIP

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #5116 on: Dec 21, 2020, 07:02 AM »
Perky was one heck of a fisherman. He will be missed.   Sully...

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5117 on: Dec 21, 2020, 05:53 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss Deadeyez! I know all to well how you feel. I lost my best friend, hunting and fishing buddy  Kevin "Hoss" Giannone, for 42 years in September due to cancer also..  It's a big void after spending pretty much every weekend together for the past 4 decades.  It's really tipped things upside down.  Its kinda taken the wind out of my sails.  But I guess it's time to jump back on the saddle.  RIP HOSS AND PERKY
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5118 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. All we can do is keep on truckin...our friends that pass wouldn’t want it any other way 😁

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5119 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. All we can do is keep on truckin...our friends that pass wouldn’t want it any other way 😁

When ya hook into that throphy fish this winter remember it's Perky or Hoss looking out for all those they touched
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5120 on: Dec 22, 2020, 06:22 AM »

Alfred Sorry to here of your lose of your friend ,

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5121 on: Dec 22, 2020, 06:35 AM »

Ok Bobby , Yesterday  was my last shore casting night for eyes , I was lucky no skunks this fall in 21 trip ,  it’s time to start looking at ice , I know guys have been out with some nice catches ,I’ll be out crawling around soon , most likely not Oneida , perch or pans it’s all good 🎣🕳

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5122 on: Dec 22, 2020, 09:59 AM »
can i talk ya into a  open water  shore    night  for  walleyes  in my  secret monster hole  fred :) .....

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5123 on: Dec 22, 2020, 10:43 AM »
can i talk ya into a  open water  shore    night  for  walleyes  in my  secret monster hole  fred :) .....
Think it’s time to stow my casting rod and those six lures away and start loading my ice gear in the truck

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5124 on: Dec 22, 2020, 11:51 AM »
I got plenty of storage room ill stow them 6 lures for ya free of charge if ya like lol  ;) might be a while before any safe ice besides big bay in that pond

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5125 on: Dec 22, 2020, 12:07 PM »
I got plenty of storage room ill stow them 6 lures for ya free of charge if ya like lol  ;) might be a while before any safe ice besides big bay in that pond
Thanks I found room , think your right about the main lake

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5126 on: Dec 24, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Alfred Sorry to here of your lose of your friend ,
Thank you. Hoss and I could routinely catch fish on every body of water except one. Onieda! Damn it's a humbling lake if you don't fish it often. We had 30 fish days on open water but can't remember ever catching our limit thru the ice. Come hell or high water I'm going to show him it can be done this year weather permitting. 
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5127 on: Dec 24, 2020, 05:43 PM »

My eldest thinks of her Dad , I was needing some new drop shot weights , what ya think

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5128 on: Dec 24, 2020, 06:05 PM »
My eldest thinks of her Dad , I was needing some new drop shot weights , what ya think

Well, Freddie....now you can go balls deep!!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5129 on: Dec 24, 2020, 06:27 PM »
=))

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.