Author Topic: Ice Anchor  (Read 21689 times)

P Gottshall

Ice Anchor
« on: Dec 07, 2004, 09:51 PM »
Many of you have already seen this idea, but here it is again for anyone new to the forum.  This is an excellent / cheap ice anchor.  Simply tie it to your shanty, & drop it into an unused hole.

Paul

Offline Guy C

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Anchor
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2018, 11:55 AM »
  Cool, I will try this.

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2018, 06:30 AM »
With all due respect, I think this is great and smart indeed. However I do see a potential serious issue with this setup. On a very cold day and when all is said and done with your day's fishing on ice, the ice hole through which you dropped this thing in may become completely re-freeze over (which I have seen all too often on ice) to such an extent that there is no way you could possibly pull/get this think out of the ice hole (if there is still a hole at all:-)?
Mostly ice fishing Lake Simcoe in southern Ontario, Canada, for lake trout (lakers), lake whitefish (whities), and jumbo yellow perch:-)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2018, 06:54 AM »
I have been using this method for decades with a piece of flat stock aluminum just drill the hole off center and you can eliminate the extra line and attach a caribiner , I pack snow in the holes just like I do if I want to fish them the next day , I’ve never had to cut it lose ,

Offline VenomInjected

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2018, 07:11 AM »
From Lake Simcoe Board

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2018, 07:27 AM »

Great anchor,  but if the eyele was just off center it would come straight up the whole , just a thought

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.