New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Candice lake ny  (Read 3874 times)

Offline dboat9910

• IceShanty Rookie
Candice lake ny
« on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:44 AM »
I'm looking for any info I can about candice lake I live in irondequoit a buddy of mine use to go there for the Lakers through the ice I have been trying to find anywhere or anyone that can tell me what the ice conditions r I can't even find a bait shop in that area ans I can't drive ans hour and a half just to go check it out

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Candice lake ny
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2014, 11:08 AM »
Use search option, u will get tons of info. Also visit reports  and conditions page. You can access it now that you have three posts

Offline gvoelkl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Get a couple more posts and you can see the ice reports section. You will be able to look at some of the posts that answer your question(s) in the Canadice Lake page

GV

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:43 PM »
I have a buddy that has been going there for about the last week or so and says the ice is good 6-7". He has been fishing morning for Lakers and night for crappie. He hasn't been killing them but hasn't been skunked either. I hope this helps.
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline dboat9910

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Nice I've never been there a friend at work said he's gone before I guess the lakers and browns run big I want to pull something big from deep water

Offline dc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:54 PM »
go a little over half way across at north end launch and jig with a spoon tipped with the head of a minnow

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Where is this  "Candice Lake"? I'm familiar with most lakes within an hour and a half of Irondequoit? I know of a Canadice Lake.
Pete Lewis

Offline dboat9910

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:13 PM »
Its between hemlock and honyoe hemlock and Candice are the water sheds for Rochester drinking water its small only about 3 miles long

Offline SKUNK-MASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:30 PM »
Where is this  "Candice Lake"? I'm familiar with most lakes within an hour and a half of Irondequoit? I know of a Canadice Lake.

I was going to give eyedoktr the  ::)

Its between hemlock and honyoe hemlock and Candice are the water sheds for Rochester drinking water its small only about 3 miles long

but then you followed it up with "honyoe"      ;D :roflmao: :whistle: gotta watch yer step here or these guys will crush you :P

but seriously canadice has some threads on here including reports and conditions.......read the back posts....have to weed thru some crap but there are some real gems of info on this site!

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:34 PM »
Poepel outa be learnt to spel and gramer beter.

Offline hotholes870

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Was wondering if you guys fish for any other species of fish out there as well bc never fished for trout through the ice but was thinking about giving it a try

Offline SKUNK-MASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:47 PM »
smelt at night!

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Was wondering if you guys fish for any other species of fish out there as well bc never fished for trout through the ice but was thinking about giving it a try

No  ::)

Lots of pickerel - they tend to be smaller - sub legal to about 20" or so, but you will have plenty of action if you fish shallow in coves along shore or at south end - find weeds - find pickeral.

Offline hotholes870

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Very nice thanks gf tends to get a lil bord when she ant catching fish

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Hotholes, maybe instead of fishing, you should spend more time on your spelling.  WOW
Pete Lewis

Offline conesusguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Come on guys there is really no need for that on either side.  Who really cares if the guy doesn't spell his words to your standards eyedoktr. That was really unnecessary this is a fishing site for christ's sake.  It's amazing that even here people troll.
This sport takes a certain amount of character in a man that we all should respect and take pride in.

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Very nice thanks gf tends to get a lil bord when she ant catching fish

And sometimes you catch both pickerel and lakers at the drop offs.  ;D

Offline dboat9910

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Ok ill be the bigger man and say sorry to anyone that saw what I said. this is a fishing site. Any one going next sat? I'm trying to talk my buddy into going

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:13 PM »
Ok ill be the bigger man and say sorry to anyone that saw what I said. this is a fishing site. Any one going next sat? I'm trying to talk my buddy into going

I never been but hope to go some time this year. Dboat, ignore the drama on this website. People seem to open their mouths when they shouldn't.

Best of luck this season

Offline dboat9910

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Thanks kukaz71 it just suck when people act like the funny guy in high school I don't get to go out that much work kids and wife so its nice to have some Intel when u do get to go I try to put out any info I can to people in the same boat

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2014, 03:01 AM »
There's some miserable old coots around here.

The smelting can be a hoot at night. Darned tasty too. A really beautiful piece of water to boot.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:27 AM »
smelt at night!

I usually smelt at night , a shower takes care of it though. ;D ;D
How's the ice

Offline hotholes870

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2014, 09:10 PM »
Thank you for the info guys was wondering if you guys use niagaras or just fat heads for the trout on tipups? Never fished for lake trout through the ice.

Offline laker24taker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2014, 09:12 PM »
I use bass minnows or smelt caught from the lake
(img)http://i44.tinypic.com/2e5k1s2.jpeg(img)

Offline Andy Rye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Ice is about at its lowest 4 and highest like 10 i was there saturday but there is probably more ice now

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #25 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:10 PM »
buddy and I are gonna try fishing the lake for lakers and then smelt on saturday. dont have electronics so il be fishing blind. anybody ever used a camera on canadice and if so how far down could you see. ever get any browns or rainbows either, i know a friend of my grandpas used to go over there quite a bit and get them once in a while jigging or on a tip-up
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:26 PM »
buddy and I are gonna try fishing the lake for lakers and then smelt on saturday. dont have electronics so il be fishing blind. anybody ever used a camera on canadice and if so how far down could you see. ever get any browns or rainbows either, i know a friend of my grandpas used to go over there quite a bit and get them once in a while jigging or on a tip-up
I don't have a camera but I would suggest getting 3/4-1oz jigs and pound the bottom with white mister twisters, occasionaly reeling up fast then stop and jig it, then let it pound the bottom again. I have only jigged with the vex but I know people have been jiggin lakers long before electronics so I'm sure it can be done. I caught my biggest laker on a tip up, ten ft under the ice over 90fow. I usually put my tip ups 10-40 ft down, just so I don't have to respool 90' of line when i pick up but I have heard of guys getting them deep on the tip ups as well. Getting there really early(before sunrise) and jiggin up a few smelt in the a.m, then using them on your tipups can be productive as well, good luck it's an awesome lake
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #27 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:56 PM »
thanks beershanty. my buddy and I had planned on trying zoom flukes on jig heads and some spoons and swedish pimps. did you have any luck just setting your tip-ups not very far down considering the depth?? I plan on staggering the depths as a buddy of mine who lives in the Adirondacks does a lot and told me to do as well as he has done well.
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2014, 10:55 AM »
thanks beershanty. my buddy and I had planned on trying zoom flukes on jig heads and some spoons and swedish pimps. did you have any luck just setting your tip-ups not very far down considering the depth?? I plan on staggering the depths as a buddy of mine who lives in the Adirondacks does a lot and told me to do as well as he has done well.
yes I caugth my biggest on a tip up 10' down over 90' fow, I do stagger mine but usually no deeper than 40' down because I don't like have to respool all that line and I have had decent luck putting them from 10 to 40' down. If your gonna put them on the bottom in 90 fow, make sure you have more than enough line, those lakers make some serious runs and don't like coming thru the hole. let us know how you make out! I haven't been in a while and just talking about it is getting me fired up to try this weekend.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline Andy Rye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2014, 02:15 PM »
got a brown on a tip up last year that was 30 inches it was awesome

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.