New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031814 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #8880 on: Jan 14, 2024, 07:05 AM »
we'll figure something out  ....feel  bad  for  the  garage  parking lot  they will lose a  ton of money 

but the  important  thing is the trapp  sully   flat fish rematch!!!!!!  if  i  can stay  away  from  his  swinging bucket i have a  chance!!!!

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8881 on: Jan 14, 2024, 08:01 AM »
we'll figure something out  ....feel  bad  for  the  garage  parking lot  they will lose a  ton of money 

but the  important  thing is the trapp  sully   flat fish rematch!!!!!!  if  i  can stay  away  from  his  swinging bucket i have a  chance!!!!
I alost forgot about that !!! We need to get KP. and Fillet involved !! Should be a real show !!!   Sully..

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8882 on: Jan 14, 2024, 10:50 AM »
i think that would  be a  great idea  and  anyone that wants  to  watch  us  compete...are invited  but  of  course  we  will expect hot coffee and  snacks .......

i have  laughed about that  day and  told people  about it  ............it's  true  sul and  i  sat  next to each other   and he  pulled  fish and i  couldn't get a  hit  .....it was crazy ......i think we do need KP and  freddie  in there  too.......for the  2024  bigbay sunfish grudge  match 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8883 on: Jan 14, 2024, 10:53 AM »
I will provide coffee and snacks. 

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8884 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:02 AM »
KP?🤔 The perch and walleye guy?🤔 Catching panfish?🤔 Against 3 of Oneidas best panfish guys?🤔 You guys are kidding… right??🤣 Think I’ll join Jon, brings snacks and coffee, and watch the show!!!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8885 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:04 AM »
hey  i  couldn't  catch a  fish and thats the Gods honest truth

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8886 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:08 AM »

Just great pick on a guy that now fishes flats about once every 3-4 years I deserve a handi cap of 24

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8887 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:08 AM »
I sense KP is gonna get punished for accepting the challenge, but, OK… I’m in!! I don’t own one panfish rod or jigs for this spectacle. Gonna be interesting!!!😁

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8888 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:14 AM »
By the way… I’ve fished with Sully… I’m aware of what he’s capable of.😁

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8889 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:15 AM »
Just great pick on a guy that now fishes flats about once every 3-4 years I deserve a handi cap of 24
Release gets no respect!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8890 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:22 AM »
I've had days like Trapper one day a buddy can't catch a fish sitting next tor another day I could buy a bite sitting right next to him as he pulls them out left and right all same jigs and bait
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8891 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:27 AM »
I've had days like Trapper one day a buddy can't catch a fish sitting next tor another day I could buy a bite sitting right next to him as he pulls them out left and right all same jigs and bait

no no you don't understand  .....  this wasn't just a  bad day i used the  same  jigs   same technec  sul  even shared  holes   he  droped  bang  sunfish  me  nothing ......  it was the funnest thing i had ever seen ......but in all honesty   sul  was the only person i seen  catching  fish  period  also later i found out he  had  his  spikes  blessed  by the priest....anyways   it was  a good laugh KP  no worrys i have  extra brim  rods  and   jigs  your all good.................. ...........  all fish  will be donated to the trapper  retirement  fund 

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8892 on: Jan 14, 2024, 11:30 AM »
Thanks Trap… but I have rods. Just wanted you guys to feel sorry for me and let me use the gear sully uses to be competitive!! lol!

I heard somewhere once that sully has panfish blood in his veins!😁

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8893 on: Jan 14, 2024, 12:26 PM »

I was stuck between boots and De Bouise ages ago had to get up and find another group of fish to catch
 KP i have a few panfish rods and a few jig boxes , tied up another rod last night from a top section of a ugly stick fly rod , if I remember I gave Josh 36” panfish rod a few years

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8894 on: Jan 14, 2024, 12:37 PM »
I was stuck between boots and De Bouise ages ago had to get up and find another group of fish to catch
 KP i have a few panfish rods and a few jig boxes , tied up another rod last night from a top section of a ugly stick fly rod , if I remember I gave Josh 36” panfish rod a few years
Two of the original panfish pros.

Yes, Josh has two of your panfish rods… in our archives!😎

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8895 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:25 PM »
you guys are killing me....down here in sunny SC.......fishing has been fairly good...lots of short flounder.....some nice reds and trout ......sea trout and red fish are great eating, very similar to walleye.....flying home on feb. 20th to fish for a week....are we thinking there might be ice to walk on

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8896 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:27 PM »
just looked at Oneida lake north shore cam.....2 footers.....can't believe that person hasn't taken their hoist and docks out

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8897 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:29 PM »
you guys are killing me....down here in sunny SC.......fishing has been fairly good...lots of short flounder.....some nice reds and trout ......sea trout and red fish are great eating, very similar to walleye.....flying home on feb. 20th to fish for a week....are we thinking there might be ice to walk on
YES sea trout  an weakfish taste  like walleyes to me too  .........i like the  fluke  better  myself

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8898 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:34 PM »
just looked at Oneida lake north shore cam.....2 footers.....can't believe that person hasn't taken their hoist and docks out

maybe a  bubbler ?????

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8899 on: Jan 14, 2024, 03:15 PM »
Just fyi there are many if not hundreds of  easements on oneida i can think of three on my road alone that dont show any info on tax maps owner etc. They are for people that live on the road that do not have lake access and its in there deeds as a right of way  and not open to the general public use. Some do get public use but when areas get abused they get closed

Usual problem with easements and right of way is you can go in and out, drive if a driveway but you cannot park on  an easement or right of way. 

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8900 on: Jan 14, 2024, 03:44 PM »
I said the same thing last week. Does anybody know if he's okay? Vines are over grown on the deck too.

I guess the Sylvan Beach Cams are down too because the bath house being rebuilt.  >:(

Link to new web Cam for Bernard's Bay:  https://www.northernchateau.com/w/webcam86.html

Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8901 on: Jan 14, 2024, 04:30 PM »
Sylvan beach web cam is out right before things get good as usual. Here we go again 🙄

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8902 on: Jan 14, 2024, 04:46 PM »
I said the same thing last week. Does anybody know if he's okay? Vines are over grown on the deck too.

I guess the Sylvan Beach Cams are down too because the bath house being rebuilt.  >:(

Link to new web Cam for Bernard's Bay:  https://www.northernchateau.com/w/webcam86.html

I have a friend that lives a few houses down from there. I will check.

Thanks for the link to the new cam.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #8903 on: Jan 14, 2024, 05:33 PM »
no no you don't understand  .....  this wasn't just a  bad day i used the  same  jigs   same technec  sul  even shared  holes   he  droped  bang  sunfish  me  nothing ......  it was the funnest thing i had ever seen ......but in all honesty   sul  was the only person i seen  catching  fish  period  also later i found out he  had  his  spikes  blessed  by the priest....anyways   it was  a good laugh KP  no worrys i have  extra brim  rods  and   jigs  your all good.................. ...........  all fish  will be donated to the trapper  retirement  fund

Does the trapper retirement fund accept the 5 pal of whites too.

I’ll cook some hot food, someone said they already got the coffee.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8904 on: Jan 14, 2024, 06:07 PM »
KP- just use that MH wicked 13 of yours with a spring bobber and no need to reel.  They’ll catapult right out of the hole on the hookset.  I remember my first catch with that rod 😂

I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8905 on: Jan 14, 2024, 07:57 PM »
let's do this !!! Larry, Freddy, and Trapper are all great fishermen. I've fished with Larry, and Trapper. Never wjth Freddy. We could never get hooked up. I'm the one that popped the swan that Freddy, and Coach were sneaking around the south shore with. This should be a hoot if we can get past all the complaining that release will be doing. By the way Larry, I will be using the jigs you poured me !! And Trapper make sure you bring your basket. We might need the extra room for the flats the three of us will be catching !!! All we need now is some good ice !!   Sully...

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8906 on: Jan 14, 2024, 08:16 PM »
KP- just use that MH wicked 13 of yours with a spring bobber and no need to reel.  They’ll catapult right out of the hole on the hookset.  I remember my first catch with that rod 😂

Lol! Those rods are nasty!!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8907 on: Jan 14, 2024, 08:17 PM »
Sounds like fun boys!! The white perch go to Trap!!😁

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8908 on: Jan 15, 2024, 03:40 AM »
now larry i can 100% guarantee you that all the fish that  gets donated to the trapper retirement fund  will be eaten by someone!!!!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8909 on: Jan 15, 2024, 06:53 AM »
now larry i can 100% guarantee you that all the fish that  gets donated to the trapper retirement fund  will be eaten by someone!!!!
Never a doubt in my mind bud!😁

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.