New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031701 times)

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #7560 on: Feb 26, 2022, 03:32 PM »
Welcome to the club, Bob!! You had an epic day today. Thanks for the cords early morning, but, I wasn’t going to move in and, mess up your bite!! Good work!!😎🎣🕳
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7561 on: Feb 26, 2022, 03:38 PM »
Anyone know if an atv is possible out of Verona Beach? Or would I be better off walking?

Thanks

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7562 on: Feb 26, 2022, 03:48 PM »
Great work Bob!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7563 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:05 PM »
Anyone know if an atv is possible out of Verona Beach? Or would I be better off walking?

Thanks
I saw quads on the east end today. Sporadic, deep drifts did slow them down some. But, they managed to navigate around. Most accesses were torn up from the mild temps we had. Now, frozen, it’s a bit rough at first. I did see walkers, but, maybe some of those guys will chime in later. Good luck!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7564 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:09 PM »
i'm not as nice as KP i would have drilled a hole right in te bottom of your bucket!!!!  .....great job man

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7565 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:42 PM »

Well done chowdaire, that is a great feeling indeed

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7566 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:06 PM »
Well. I finally joined the double limit club.

Worked for last half of them.

Nice job! No doubt, you had a great day.👍

Offline Ric66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7567 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:18 PM »
Fished out of Lewis at 6am. Glad I got a parking spot. Ice was fine as far as I saw. Drilled a hole in 28 feet and immediately marked fish and what began the four most frustrating hours I’ve ever fished. They chased whatever I dropped down but would not commit. Small large didn’t matter. Finally got one and two more to get my first Oneida limit (probably will never say that again when they raise the limit to six) All came on #5 rap black and silver. To get them to hit you had to finesse to the point you barely moved the lure.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7568 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:21 PM »
I hope you are right Oneida1

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7569 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:23 PM »
Good job  Ric66! Nothing wrong with those👍

Offline Squeakysteve

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7570 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:28 PM »
Nice chowdaire . That’s what my bucket is going to look like tomorrow  @) …..I hope. Has anyone ran into any shallower eyes yet ?

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7571 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:29 PM »
maybe not 3/29 but i think we will be on it for last day of walleye

Agreed. Just need the big rains to stay away.

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7572 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:54 PM »
Fished South side out of Chapman today. Shore access is getting soft near the fishing pier and spud the crack not far out after that. Measured 10” of ice. Some snow and glare. Thought the morning bite was really decent til about 11. The afternoon bite was not as strong. Lots of chasing…..but wouldn’t commit.  I think the wind and the water started getting murky had to do with that. Managed a few once I figured the bite out. A bunch of shorts…lost a few nice ones at the hole as well. Great day to be out. Really enjoy fishing here,, hope it’s not my last trip.  Going to give er a go in the am before the high winds come in.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7573 on: Feb 26, 2022, 06:57 PM »
Nice haul HW.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #7574 on: Feb 26, 2022, 07:00 PM »
Nice work.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7575 on: Feb 26, 2022, 07:02 PM »
Nice catches and reports everyone thanks for sharing 👊🏻
I live back in the woods you see

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7576 on: Feb 26, 2022, 07:21 PM »

Good eats HW2

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7577 on: Feb 26, 2022, 07:26 PM »
Great looking buckets and limits. Nice ice status and photos. Thanks.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7578 on: Feb 26, 2022, 10:24 PM »
Hell yeah Chow!! Nice job!! Nice pics and reports guys
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Craveman85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7579 on: Feb 27, 2022, 12:04 AM »
Went out of the south shore access tonight. There was one spot where it looks like someone had a tire go through at the boat launch. Went out to 16' of water and got into some eyes. 3 were probably keeper sized but I didn't bring a tape.   Lost a couple on their way to the hole. When I was on my way out I noticed someone broke up the ice really good at the launch.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7580 on: Feb 27, 2022, 07:56 AM »
Thanks guys. That was fun.

I don’t get on the perch too often but I came loaded with spikes, waxies and wigglers to get the job done yesterday. And, with all that, all but about 5 came on the same old raps and spoons with a buckeye head that I use everyday

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7581 on: Feb 27, 2022, 08:35 AM »

I don’t get on the perch too often but I came loaded with spikes, waxies and wigglers to get the job done yesterday. And, with all that, all but about 5 came on the same old raps and spoons with a buckeye head that I use everyday

don't be telling that .....it's a secret   :roflmao:  really  glad you banged them up man 

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7582 on: Feb 27, 2022, 10:01 AM »
That's great... funny how we carry everything possible but usually rely on a few tried and true offerings!

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #7583 on: Feb 27, 2022, 10:08 AM »
Fished South side out of Chapman today. Shore access is getting soft near the fishing pier and spud the crack not far out after that. Measured 10” of ice. Some snow and glare. Thought the morning bite was really decent til about 11. The afternoon bite was not as strong. Lots of chasing…..but wouldn’t commit.  I think the wind and the water started getting murky had to do with that. Managed a few once I figured the bite out. A bunch of shorts…lost a few nice ones at the hole as well. Great day to be out. Really enjoy fishing here,, hope it’s not my last trip.  Going to give er a go in the am before the high winds come in.

Where there any machines going out of Chapman?How about bait near by.Since Cookies closed I’ve only traveled farther east and gotten bait from Lake Side Outfitters.Just hate to back track.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7584 on: Feb 27, 2022, 10:43 AM »
Looks like a decent snow shower is getting ready to cross the lake.  Larry thanks again for taking care of my buddy Kenny.  Appreciate you!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7585 on: Feb 27, 2022, 11:18 AM »
Looks like a decent snow shower is getting ready to cross the lake.  Larry thanks again for taking care of my buddy Kenny.  Appreciate you!
You're welcome bud! Kenny is a hardworking guy that deserved a little intel for Oneida lake. He never caught a walleye through the ice before this weekend. He put the time in and pulled two limits, with a bunch of bonus perch!! He will be returning to do it all again one day! 😎🎣🕳

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7586 on: Feb 27, 2022, 11:23 AM »

Without exageration,  I literally carry a $1000 worth of jigs.  3 boxes of every kind, shape, size, and color that one can imagine.  I'm sure many of them have never touched the water. Why is it that on any given day, no matter what I'm fishing for, it's a caty jig that gets tied on.  Maybe because they work

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7587 on: Feb 27, 2022, 11:29 AM »
I’ve been using Cary jigs for 35 plus years ,my number 1 go to jig great quality and lasts a long time

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7588 on: Feb 27, 2022, 12:07 PM »
Well I put in a quick 4 hours this morning. Was heading to a waypoint when I realized some folks were actually close to it. So I decided to try a little shallower for some perch this time. Saw some about every 15 minutes, just could not get them to go. Until

I knew something was unusual when my first bass of 2022 just trucked me. A little over 4lbs, a ton of fun on a perch rig 😀 Fish was in great shape. The wind was really something this morning. Ice was good everywhere I was, could have brought the wheeler.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7589 on: Feb 27, 2022, 02:08 PM »
Btw. For the match the hatch guys. Along with 1” gobies the perch and walleyes were puking these up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.