New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031709 times)

Offline Squeakysteve

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #7500 on: Feb 23, 2022, 02:00 PM »
Dang fatboy!!!! I’m lucky to get into one of those bites every few years . What dreams are made of. Good stuff. How’s your experience with panoptix? What did you run before?

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7501 on: Feb 23, 2022, 02:03 PM »
super slick out there and rock hard just got off ice

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7502 on: Feb 23, 2022, 02:18 PM »

Good info. What did you find in the stomachs? We checked the walleye and didn't see much but several perch had tiny gobies. Like 1/2" tiny tiny golbies
[/quote]

Bingo. Zoom in on the jig I caught all those fish on. It’s tipped with a 1”plastic
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7503 on: Feb 23, 2022, 03:00 PM »
Thanks Oneida1.  Sounds like this cold is firming everything up again.  I was getting concerned about the shore ice.

Offline fatboy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7504 on: Feb 23, 2022, 03:33 PM »
Dang fatboy!!!! I’m lucky to get into one of those bites every few years . What dreams are made of. Good stuff. How’s your experience with panoptix? What did you run before?

It’s a game changer and worth the money if you’re a serious angler. Obviously didn’t utilize it to find the fish since they hug so close to bottom. Before it I ran a Striker 4. I noticed the difference with Panoptix was I got more second chances at fish that would chase a bait and lose interest. Being able to drop the bait and track it easier with multiple fish on screen really helped. Don’t think it completely lead to this success but definitely helped. I think studying Navionics was the key to this and hitting the types of spots that were working. 

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7505 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:51 PM »
super slick out there and rock hard just got off ice
Thanks for the update.  Did you see much ice loss once you got on the lake from the rain and warm nights?  I would like to get out tomorrow but gotta use a wheeler.  There were no open cracks in the area I have been fishing.  Thanks for any more info.

Offline jpr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7506 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:58 PM »
Lost a left hand Kuiu camo glove between Chapmans and Shackelton Shoals few weeks ago…most likely 09Feb. Any help finding and returning would be appreciated.
Thanks JPR

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7507 on: Feb 23, 2022, 07:02 PM »
i messured about 13in of ice today so may have lost couple inches,,, one crack i cross has opened up in spots...

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7508 on: Feb 23, 2022, 07:31 PM »
Thanks I appreciate that. I'll keep my eyes open.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7509 on: Feb 23, 2022, 09:52 PM »
Ice loss is seldom the reason ice fishing stops. Its usually the breakup of the shoreline. 

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #7510 on: Feb 23, 2022, 10:13 PM »
I HAVE YET TO GET UP THERE.Please tell me sleds will be running this weekend.I have to use a sled to cover and type of distance.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7511 on: Feb 24, 2022, 05:09 AM »
very true oldtimer normally u could get a week or to longer but cant get on due to shore being eaten away

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7512 on: Feb 24, 2022, 05:30 AM »
I HAVE YET TO GET UP THERE.Please tell me sleds will be running this weekend.I have to use a sled to cover and type of distance.
yes, still good for sleds and you will need one after tonight, looks like 8-14 inches of snow

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7513 on: Feb 24, 2022, 06:38 AM »
At this point in the season I welcome some snow. It soaks up rain when it comes and it protects the ice and shoreline from the sun. We have plenty of great ice out there still. Hopefully we don't get any more big rains for a while.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7514 on: Feb 24, 2022, 07:23 AM »
this cold  came  right at the right time  some of the place i been fishing (not oneida)  were  getting  iffy at the shoreline and  one place   the spud went threw ...... i think it's  tightening up just in time...be careful anyways!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7515 on: Feb 24, 2022, 08:42 AM »
Anyone hear anything about an ice rescue on Oneida this morning? I saw Cleveland and Constantia fire departments with some of their rescue equipment heading down Route 49. Didn’t know if they were training or if an actual rescue took place. Haven’t talked to any of the guys I know from the fire department yet to confirm. Listened to the scanner on my way to work but didn’t hear anything.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7516 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:29 AM »
Anyone hear anything about an ice rescue on Oneida this morning? I saw Cleveland and Constantia fire departments with some of their rescue equipment heading down Route 49. Didn’t know if they were training or if an actual rescue took place. Haven’t talked to any of the guys I know from the fire department yet to confirm. Listened to the scanner on my way to work but didn’t hear anything.
saw on Facebook someone said a 4wheeler went through near one of the islands. Sounded like shallow water to the point that the Wheeler is still visible, more so need help to get the Wheeler out. But this is all 2nd hand from what I saw

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7517 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:32 AM »
I was just going to ask how the cracks are off of Boysen area? Assume caution is still in order over that way.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7518 on: Feb 24, 2022, 12:26 PM »
I just tried that walleye chowder recipe from a couple pages back.  I started with the couple of cans of New England clam chowder and threw in some additional clam juice and seafood base.  Added some potatoes and onions to the mushrooms and also a few cut up pieces of shrimp.  Good stuff!  A nice break from frying.

Offline Arkangel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ArkAngel
« Reply #7519 on: Feb 24, 2022, 12:51 PM »
...great...now I'm hungry...!   ;D

~ArkAngel
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after ~ Henry David Thoreau

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7520 on: Feb 24, 2022, 12:52 PM »
^^Starving!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7521 on: Feb 24, 2022, 01:05 PM »
I just tried that walleye chowder recipe from a couple pages back.  I started with the couple of cans of New England clam chowder and threw in some additional clam juice and seafood base.  Added some potatoes and onions to the mushrooms and also a few cut up pieces of shrimp.  Good stuff!  A nice break from frying.

Nice..  A lot of other ways to cook fish other than hot oil... ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7522 on: Feb 24, 2022, 01:13 PM »
I don't fry many fish anymore I do mainly blackened just a little Butter in pan seasoned fillets simple clean and delicious

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7523 on: Feb 24, 2022, 01:15 PM »
saw on Facebook someone said a 4wheeler went through near one of the islands. Sounded like shallow water to the point that the Wheeler is still visible, more so need help to get the Wheeler out. But this is all 2nd hand from what I saw
Thanks man. That’s what I was thinking. They didn’t seem like it was something super urgent. Didn’t have their emergency lights on or anything like that.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7524 on: Feb 24, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Hay thanks to the class act who was driving blue/white  sled cargo rack on the back with otter hut purple snow shovel , lots a room out there 17yards "I had a range finder lol" is a lil close , this was not area of walkers or community area Lewis, chapman etc.... nope plenty of room along same drop with just me on it but NO you had to be right on top of the only 2 other guys  .... Class Act, some guys never use there heads  i dont own lake but if im headed to area and theres a guy already there i fish else where or give ample space  u drove within 12 feet of me doing your circles

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7525 on: Feb 24, 2022, 01:33 PM »
I had that happen on a smaller lake guy drilled holes all around me and was using his live scope didn't see him catch one fish.

I live back in the woods you see

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7526 on: Feb 24, 2022, 02:56 PM »
Hay thanks to the class act who was driving blue/white  sled cargo rack on the back with otter hut purple snow shovel , lots a room out there 17yards "I had a range finder lol" is a lil close , this was not area of walkers or community area Lewis, chapman etc.... nope plenty of room along same drop with just me on it but NO you had to be right on top of the only 2 other guys  .... Class Act, some guys never use there heads  i dont own lake but if im headed to area and theres a guy already there i fish else where or give ample space  u drove within 12 feet of me doing your circles

Had two guys do this very same thing to me on Chaumont this year. I was fishing same spot for 3 days.. day 4 they pulled up on 1 atv and literally set up next to me with two flip overs. When I say next to me I mean 10yds. Trying to fish exact same structure. Classic D-bags! They looked right at me like I was the problem….lol.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #7527 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:01 PM »
Had two guys do this very same thing to me on Chaumont this year. I was fishing same spot for 3 days.. day 4 they pulled up on 1 atv and literally set up next to me with two flip overs. When I say next to me I mean 10yds. Trying to fish exact same structure. Classic D-bags! They looked right at me like I was the problem….lol.
Funny. I had same exact thing happen up there this year. Middle shoal-herricks shoal area.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #7528 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:23 PM »
Just watch the feed at Chapman.Pretty cool watching that heave form through the day.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7529 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:30 PM »
you can fish next to me but you better bring food beer and drill my holes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.