New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031827 times)

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #4200 on: Feb 02, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Thanks guys.  When I looked on google maps it looked like private property there.  I plan to go on a weekday, hopefully less pressure then. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4201 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:11 PM »
 XC600 one of the reasons I seldom go there do to people just being disrespectful, it’s a privilege to have a nice place like that to park
 Plus there are so many other places to go

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4202 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:39 PM »
I hear ya filet, I don't understand why when the ice is in good shape with some snow people with sleds and 4 wheelers don't unload at verona beach only a mile or so to Lewis.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4203 on: Feb 02, 2020, 05:32 PM »

When I run the sled I park at the beach and run over

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4204 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:52 PM »
Good day out of chapman today. Had to def work for them.... and to the a**hole who heard me say to my buddy “I just caught a nice one” and comes over and drills 5 holes 5 ft from me I hope you don’t catch a single fish the rest of this season!!😜😜

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #4205 on: Feb 02, 2020, 07:03 PM »
Good day out of chapman today. Had to def work for them.... and to the a**hole who heard me say to my buddy “I just caught a nice one” and comes over and drills 5 holes 5 ft from me I hope you don’t catch a single fish the rest of this season!!😜😜

Nice catch. And that’s a d*** move for someone to do that to ya
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4206 on: Feb 02, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Nice catch. And that’s a d*** move for someone to do that to ya
I had a school of eyes down there too.... don’t know if it spooked them or if it was a coincidence but let’s just say they were gone after he started drilling

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #4207 on: Feb 02, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Let me guess needed the gas auger for 5 inches right there too
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline franky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4208 on: Feb 02, 2020, 08:51 PM »
I don't believe you people are Bhatt rude just deal with it if they were 30' from you and quit being such a drama Queen

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4209 on: Feb 02, 2020, 09:07 PM »

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4210 on: Feb 03, 2020, 04:58 AM »
Let me guess needed the gas auger for 5 inches right there too
Ding ding ding correct!!!!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4211 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:30 AM »
That's perfect fishshack. I have sung that song many times!  ;D

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4212 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:41 AM »
I don't believe you people are Bhatt rude just deal with it if they were 30' from you and quit being such a drama Queen
How is that rude at all? It’s common courtesy... I get I don’t own the lake... but when there are a total of prolly 20 people out of Chapman and he has the audacity to drill holes 5ft from me and start setting up tip ups all around me...he is the rude one

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4213 on: Feb 03, 2020, 06:05 AM »
Had that happen before. That crap happens every year and I still don't understand it. The thing that gets me is if the guy just had a little courtesy and came up and asked i wouldn't have an issue. Heck I like meeting new folks on the ice. Worst I've seen...i've had people use my holes by my sled as I'm out drilling holes for my tipups. I was stunned
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline wert

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4214 on: Feb 03, 2020, 06:11 AM »
guys like that should have been nurtered  i carry my own kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4215 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:53 AM »
Had it happen to me on Saturday afternoon. We were enjoying the nice peaceful afternoon and a big group pulls on on their sleds. Obviously had been partying all day and were in rare form. They fished some of our holes and the language being used was so bad it ruined the whole atmosphere. They would take short sprints on the sled just for fun right past us. I would have said something but it would not be worth it to try and reason with such fools.

Offline cerhardt161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4216 on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Had that happen before. That crap happens every year and I still don't understand it. The thing that gets me is if the guy just had a little courtesy and came up and asked i wouldn't have an issue. Heck I like meeting new folks on the ice. Worst I've seen...i've had people use my holes by my sled as I'm out drilling holes for my tipups. I was stunned
I totally agree with You on that. If you end up near someone i always like to talk to them for a little bit just to be nice, but that guy tbell was talking about sat with us all day long never said a word but just drilled holes and set tip ups. We started yelling were marking fish to see what he would do and his response was to drill closer to us within 15 seconds of us saying it. If the fishing wasnt good there probably would of been some words said about it but he went all day without catching a perch and he had 7 tipups so i felt like karma got him back.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4217 on: Feb 03, 2020, 10:03 AM »
I had a dunce drill a hole within 5' of my popup one day.  He sat down on his bucket and tried to strike up a conversation thru the canvas. After what seemed like eternity, (about 20 min)  I politely exited my hut and explained to this idiot that this was my "me time". I come out onto the ice by myself to be by myself  and take in  the only opportunity I have to enjoy the quiet.  Back in I went and after another 20 min of total silence, he left.  Must be the fish weren't biting in "his" hole.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4218 on: Feb 03, 2020, 10:23 AM »

I live back in the woods you see

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4219 on: Feb 03, 2020, 11:05 AM »
some water on top if dosnt freeze tonight will be getting soft

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4220 on: Feb 03, 2020, 11:27 AM »
happens  every year amazing how  rude  people  can  be

sully has a  good  answer to this  problem and  all it involves is a bucket  :roflmao:

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4221 on: Feb 03, 2020, 11:31 AM »
fished out of Chapman last 3 days.....ice was solid 6"+ all places I drilled......as oneida1 said water on top today was pooling up pretty good......hope the sun doesn't come out this afternoon....top will deteriorate fast........hopefully a freeze tonight will tighten her back up......fishing was ok........about a dozen perch each day ....but all were quality fish......couple of eyes lost at the hole as usual also :'(........was nowhere near as crowded as I would have thought on the weekend

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4222 on: Feb 03, 2020, 04:25 PM »
DEC Announces Oneida Lake Adult Walleye Population Hits One Million Fish

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/279aa64

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline Vanallk053

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4223 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:09 PM »
Had it happen to me on Saturday afternoon. We were enjoying the nice peaceful afternoon and a big group pulls on on their sleds. Obviously had been partying all day and were in rare form. They fished some of our holes and the language being used was so bad it ruined the whole atmosphere. They would take short sprints on the sled just for fun right past us. I would have said something but it would not be worth it to try and reason with such fools.

Didn’t happen to be a guy in a black and yellow jacket that was the loudest in the group was it? They were around me earlier yelling at everyone that went by, asking if they caught anything and what they used. Some yelling and other choice words between people. Drove me nuts.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4224 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:52 PM »
fished out of Chapman last 3 days.....ice was solid 6"+ all places I drilled......as oneida1 said water on top today was pooling up pretty good......hope the sun doesn't come out this afternoon....top will deteriorate fast........hopefully a freeze tonight will tighten her back up......fishing was ok........about a dozen perch each day ....but all were quality fish......couple of eyes lost at the hole as usual also :'(........was nowhere near as crowded as I would have thought on the weekend

The top was soft but it went below freezing and tightened up at sunset.

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4225 on: Feb 03, 2020, 06:45 PM »

Thought this was pretty cool. All were in 1 eyes stomach and still wanted to eat a number 7 jiggin rap.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4226 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:03 PM »
This one ate a rap a couple of years ago too. Check out the tail in its mouth.

I also caught two this weekend that were dumped about 5’ under the ice and then stopped on the way back to the bottom to eat another bait.

When they start eating they get greedy.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4227 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:20 PM »
 Goon boy and I went looking for perch  , found them late but managed some nice ones , this is What I caught today

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4228 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:23 PM »

Thought this was pretty cool. All were in 1 eyes stomach and still wanted to eat a number 7 jiggin rap.
I agree the fish was feeding but hadn't yet started the process of processing the food...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4229 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:25 PM »
What reeleyz said standing water was starting to freeze at sunset

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.