New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031716 times)

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #4140 on: Jan 31, 2020, 09:52 AM »
This is not a cliam the ice is thick enough all over the Lake, but I see people fishing on the Chapman Park webcam, North Shore webcam and Sylvan Beach webbcam.

I personally fished out of North Bay (Edge Water) Last Saturday in 21-23 feet of water, about 1/2 mile from shore.  The ice was 6 inches where I fished.  I was reluctant to venture out further not knowing how thick the ice was elsewhere.  Plus it was raining a bit so I minimized my movement.

I am hopeful with the couple of cold days we had that more of the lake will be safe to fish.

Plan to check with my spud as I venture elsewhere this weekend.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4141 on: Jan 31, 2020, 10:11 AM »
I wouldn't take it to Heart, Seems like this Trapp clown , has to be arrogant to everyone that has a question and don't live on the Lake.

Seems like you take his posts that way and are projecting.  Stop taking the internet so seriously.

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4142 on: Jan 31, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Anyone know how the ice is over by spuce grove?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4143 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Trapper are you a clown now

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4144 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:51 PM »

🤡

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4145 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:53 PM »

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4146 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:06 PM »
I saw Trapp juggling while riding a unicycle on ice once. Quite impressive actually!!

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4147 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:10 PM »
Get the popcorn.  Next season of "Is the Ice Safe" has started.
westernmas on the finder

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4148 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Get the popcorn.  Next season of "Is the Ice Safe" has started.

I was going to name it “As the Water Freezes”. Sounds more like a daytime drama .....

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4149 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:26 PM »
I was going to name it “As the Water Freezes”. Sounds more like a daytime drama .....

"As the Ice Thickens" was my other choice.  Should have went with that since the plot is thickening as well.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Vanallk053

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4150 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:36 PM »
How’s the parking situation at Lewis?

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4151 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:37 PM »
Hit it for an hour before work today. No early season slam fest but got what I was after.

Just drove by LP. It already looks like a madhouse out there.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4152 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:41 PM »
my prediction
trucks will be parking on top of cars tomorrow at LP. Get there plenty early.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4153 on: Jan 31, 2020, 02:15 PM »
I wouldn't take it to Heart, Seems like this Trapp clown , has to be arrogant to everyone that has a question and don't live on the Lake.

so gitthegaff what do ya have  against  clowns huh????

USE A SPUD BECAUSE YOU DON"T FLOAT!!!!

nice  fish guys

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4154 on: Jan 31, 2020, 02:30 PM »
Nice clown Trapper   ;D

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #4155 on: Jan 31, 2020, 03:17 PM »
Fished out of Lewis today.. we got our limit of eyes... ice varies between 7 1/2" and 5 1/2"
Watch out for the pressure cracks and spud acroos...  she opened up a little today

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #4156 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:33 PM »
well if  you read the thread it is  clear to see (except for the last 2 days) the only place  we been fishing Oneida  was   sylvan beach theres  even a  live web cam to see if thiers people out  on the ice  ....almost every person has posted the ice isn't the best  and to carry a spud and safety gear .... now  not only  are you people to lazy to check the ice your self your  to lazy to read  ...........so heres the  only ice report i'm giving is, is the ice safe...  NO...  are people out   look at the web cam !  I suggest you carry a spud   ice picks  and a throw  rope....... this isn't to be mean   it's the truth

I get it , and have Read the Posts! Understand Spud, Spud Spud ! Maybe you should word things a little different so you don't look like a Dick ! Some guys haven't been as Fortunate as you to be out there! And this is their first avenue to safety. For all of them guys, I'm so sorry to put you out.
Paul

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4157 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:45 PM »
Nice job on the eyes Fishinjohn. Comments on ice are helpful.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4158 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:50 PM »

Nice job guys

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4159 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Found more good ice today 5-7, but there are some very bad spots to get across. Try to cross where you see others have taken the leap. Really easy walking though.

Only got 1 keeper again, hope this isn't A thing. I'm going after perch next, these walleyes are hating on me. :)

:)

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4160 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:42 PM »
If this "Get the popcorn.  Next season of "Is the Ice Safe" has started" was in reference to my question.

I wasnt asking anyone to hold my hand I was asking because I live 2 hours away and wanted some general information before I made the hike all the way there. All ya had to say was no haven't been over there.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4161 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:49 PM »
If this "Get the popcorn.  Next season of "Is the Ice Safe" has started" was in reference to my question.

I wasnt asking anyone to hold my hand I was asking because I live 2 hours away and wanted some general information before I made the hike all the way there. All ya had to say was no haven't been over there.
Sorry I Haven’t been there ,

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4162 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:58 PM »
Fished out of Lewis today.. we got our limit of eyes... ice varies between 7 1/2" and 5 1/2"
Watch out for the pressure cracks and spud acroos...  she opened up a little today
Great job John!

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #4163 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Popcorn is good today! Lol
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4164 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:38 PM »

I live 5 hours away so if you could pm me the ice conditions that'd be greaaattt!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4165 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:39 PM »
I get it , and have Read the Posts! Understand Spud, Spud Spud ! Maybe you should word things a little different so you don't look like a Dick ! Some guys haven't been as Fortunate as you to be out there! And this is their first avenue to safety. For all of them guys, I'm so sorry to put you out.

if you were smart you'd rely on your  self to be your first avenue of your  safety .....why would you rely on  a  clown?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4166 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:41 PM »
I live 5 hours away so if you could pm me the ice conditions that'd be greaaattt!

PM send  brother   ;D

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4167 on: Jan 31, 2020, 08:26 PM »
Walked to 113 today popping holes along the way and found pretty consistent ice where I drilled. Perch were not easy to come by but got enough to clean. Few pressure cracks but nothing crazy on my path.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4168 on: Jan 31, 2020, 08:29 PM »
If you want to know the ice conditions, you gotta go check for yourself.. whether its 1 hour, 3 hours, 5 hours away.

There are posts on here with reports of fish caught and the thickness of ice they found. You might have to dig a little bit, but it is there.
If it's from 4 days ago, make assumptions from there based on the temp the last few days.. its pretty easy to figure out

These guys being smart a**'s aren't helping anybody... But the questions of "hows the ice?" Arent either

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #4169 on: Feb 01, 2020, 02:38 AM »
If you want to know the ice conditions, you gotta go check for yourself.. whether its 1 hour, 3 hours, 5 hours away.

There are posts on here with reports of fish caught and the thickness of ice they found. You might have to dig a little bit, but it is there.
If it's from 4 days ago, make assumptions from there based on the temp the last few days.. its pretty easy to figure out

These guys being smart a**'s aren't helping anybody... But the questions of "hows the ice?" Arent either
Very accurate statement. As for the wise guy trap, one thing I will say is that’s how he is to everyone.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.