New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031740 times)

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #3480 on: Dec 20, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Whoops. My bad. That’s what I was told when I asked about them and never checked the actual regs.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3481 on: Dec 20, 2019, 06:30 PM »
I bet someone walks out from the beach tomorrow. Any takers on that bet?

If I wasn't working tomorrow if be in the parking lot at 6 a.m.. 

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #3482 on: Dec 20, 2019, 06:46 PM »
Well then perm out and fish on gentleman. Stay safe to all who are going for early ice in the am.
Tight lines
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3483 on: Dec 21, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Looks like someone is out on the ice off Sylvan Beach today.  If so hope they stay on top.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3484 on: Dec 21, 2019, 09:36 AM »
I know A few people that leave their shantys on the ice overnight. The problems with permanenent spots are thieves, and idiots going 100 mph on the lake and whaling into your shanty. You have to take everything home every night or you won't have your stuff for sure. In the old days there wasn't much for equipment, now people easily roll with 2K in gear, anyone have A 1000 dollar jig box they would leave on the lake?

Anyways, this cold weather is the deal, going to get the sled running today.

cny

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3485 on: Dec 21, 2019, 11:03 AM »
theres people out on sylvan right now .... take a  spud  and use it   good luck

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3486 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:14 PM »
next week does not look good for making ice or keeping what we got

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3487 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:24 PM »
The north shore web cam shows a lot of open water now too.  >:(

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3488 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:03 PM »

First it’s Oneida and it’s 21 miles long and at its widest point 4.5 miles wide , so 1 little spot is meaningless, , personally, I have 95 spots on my hand held first come first served , I move off to the next spot ,
 I use to have a permanent , unlocked with a note use it , just leave it the way you found it , Thanks , no problem

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3489 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:17 PM »
First it’s Oneida and it’s 21 miles long and at its widest point 4.5 miles wide , so 1 little spot is meaningless, , personally, I have 95 spots on my hand held first come first served , I move off to the next spot ,I use to have a permanent , unlocked with a note use it , just leave it the way you found it , Thanks , no problem

Can I borrow your phone Fred. :)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3490 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Can I borrow your phone Fred. :)
Sure but you don’t need to repeat the fake fishing reports it may get

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3491 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:59 PM »
I kinda miss my old shack that had a wood burning stove in it

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #3492 on: Dec 22, 2019, 06:55 AM »
There was a few out on big bay on friday. didn't see or hear any reports of ice conditions. be safe and spud spud spud !!!!!   Sully...

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3493 on: Dec 22, 2019, 06:59 AM »
First it’s Oneida and it’s 21 miles long and at its widest point 4.5 miles wide , so 1 little spot is meaningless, , personally, I have 95 spots on my hand held first come first served , I move off to the next spot ,
 I use to have a permanent , unlocked with a note use it , just leave it the way you found it , Thanks , no problem
Can I borrow your handheld GPS Freddie? I know that doesn’t carry fake info!!!😜
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3494 on: Dec 22, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Y’all try to keep the conditions for that water so tight to the chest it ain’t even funny. Yes take a spud but I heard of plenty going on there and reports of ice it’s not my report so I will not give it. But there is ice. Go find it.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3495 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:26 AM »
First day that guys were on Oneida ice was yesterday. They are seasoned anglers and won’t give first or last ice conditions. Myself included....Sorry!

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3496 on: Dec 22, 2019, 09:54 AM »
If I was still fishing these days, I'd be taking a ride around the lake today to see where and if any guys are out and taking note of it. I used to do it all the time. You learn the local spots at least. You can see all the parking spots around the lake. You can take note of open water. Conditions are different  all around the lake at first and last ice. It could be good one place and wet and soft cracks in another. THAT'S why guys don't like to give reports early and late in the season. All it takes to ruin your day is give someone a thumbs up report and then they go out and get their a** in a jam by falling through thin or dangerous ice...No one wants to be responsible for that.
All I can say is, go look for yourself. Find a friend who lives and fishes there frequently and take their advice. The tip to go to App's is the best tip I read on this whole page. Good reports, great minnows and an excellant spot to begin fishing. If you have a machine and a portable shanty for yourself, all the better.
Sometimes depending on where you are, the perch grounds could be a long walk...Walleyes wander too...You'll see the guys out now and that's where everyone begins and ends each year. Some spots are a longer walk than others. Snow cover is a real PITA to drag your gear. One end of the lake could be burried in snow the other end could be wind swept of snow...you never know early and late ice unless you see it...
Rentals aren't what they used to be. Years ago, several people had hard shantys to rent and would take you out and pick you up later...I guess that isn't so anymore...Sad but true. You learn by doing these days. That's how I learned, with a couple of good friends to guide me along the way. So, find your way there and good luck. It's a great fishery. ><{{{*>

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3497 on: Dec 22, 2019, 10:02 AM »
If I was still fishing these days, I'd be taking a ride around the lake today to see where and if any guys are out and taking note of it. I used to do it all the time. You learn the local spots at least. You can see all the parking spots around the lake. You can take note of open water. Conditions are different  all around the lake at first and last ice. It could be good one place and wet and soft cracks in another. THAT'S why guys don't like to give reports early and late in the season. All it takes to ruin your day is give someone a thumbs up report and then they go out and get their a** in a jam by falling through thin or dangerous ice...No one wants to be responsible for that.
All I can say is, go look for yourself. Find a friend who lives and fishes there frequently and take their advice. The tip to go to App's is the best tip I read on this whole page. Good reports, great minnows and an excellant spot to begin fishing. If you have a machine and a portable shanty for yourself, all the better.
Sometimes depending on where you are, the perch grounds could be a long walk...Walleyes wander too...You'll see the guys out now and that's where everyone begins and ends each year. Some spots are a longer walk than others. Snow cover is a real PITA to drag your gear. One end of the lake could be burried in snow the other end could be wind swept of snow...you never know early and late ice unless you see it...
Rentals aren't what they used to be. Years ago, several people had hard shantys to rent and would take you out and pick you up later...I guess that isn't so anymore...Sad but true. You learn by doing these days. That's how I learned, with a couple of good friends to guide me along the way. So, find your way there and good luck. It's a great fishery. ><{{{*>
Great advice dug!!! End of story! It seems I got blasted for being simple with my post. Direct, but simple. I won’t post here anymore.....

Offline njmar75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3498 on: Dec 22, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Im 5 hrs away King perch from oneida...only hope for real ice condition on the lake is you guys(locals) thats why reports from you guys is important for guys like me who have to drive that far...im sorry for my comment in previous post..(post is removed)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3499 on: Dec 22, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Im 5 hrs away King perch from oneida...only hope for real ice condition on the lake is you guys(locals) thats why reports from you guys is important for guys like me who have to drive that far...im sorry for my comment in previous post..(post is removed)

As an ice fisherman you have to know that early and late ice is "iffy" at best. I won't drive 5 minutes to fish "iffy" ice....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline njmar75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3500 on: Dec 22, 2019, 11:14 AM »
Of course! But iffy for somebody coud be 5" also

Offline Schwartzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3501 on: Dec 22, 2019, 02:15 PM »
Live on Oneida and in my opinion waiting for solid 6” plus is common sense for me to return to my family at the end of the day. It’s not there yet.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3502 on: Dec 22, 2019, 02:51 PM »
First day that guys were on Oneida ice was yesterday. They are seasoned anglers and won’t give first or last ice conditions. Myself included....Sorry!
That right there KP is what I’m talking about.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3503 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:04 PM »

you have to understand  we have  given reports in the past only to be told we  don't know what were talking about or the ice is  fine or that were wrong and we sent people out to drown ...sorry  your on your own  take a spud a life  jacket a rope and a friend  not tring to be mean but I won't  give a ice  report out in public I stood watching waves    reported open water and was called a liar.....never again, you  should own a  spud  anyways  and  Oneida  has cams you can watch

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3504 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:08 PM »
what trap said

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3505 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:42 PM »

I can wait to fish Oneida , I to agree with trapp , I and Nate chased these to get the rust off , just some fun stuff today , and no ice report as things were a litte thin 😳

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3506 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:47 PM »
well ya had  fun  .....

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3507 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:55 PM »
you have to understand  we have  given reports in the past only to be told we  don't know what were talking about or the ice is  fine or that were wrong and we sent people out to drown ...sorry  your on your own  take a spud a life  jacket a rope and a friend  not tring to be mean but I won't  give a ice  report out in public I stood watching waves    reported open water and was called a liar.....never again, you  should own a  spud  anyways  and  Oneida  has cams you can watch

People dont believe what your seeing with your own eyes cause they think you are the old blind amigo that has Al and Dan to be your eyes and ears lmfao.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3508 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:59 PM »
you better be getting your  self in shape  your  supposed  to  drag  freddies and my stuff out on the ice  drill our holes and teach us old farts how to  catch   walleyes and  panfish ....were really looking forward  to this....

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3509 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:59 PM »

People dont believe what your seeing with your own eyes cause they think you are the old blind amigo that has Al and Dan to be your eyes and ears lmfao.
Lmao

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.