The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: jiffy model 30  (Read 1253 times)

Offline dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular
jiffy model 30
« on: Oct 14, 2012, 08:20 AM »
2 nd pull my jiffy model 30 of 21 years. i bought it new from the bears den in waltham still run's like a champ can't wait to drill some hole's
happy wife happy life

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: jiffy model 30
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2012, 02:00 PM »
Nice.  Mine started right up after maybe 4-5 pulls.  I have the jetting balls on for about 10 degrees F, so it was running really rich. 

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Pulled the "one armed bandit" out and primed it till it dripped out exhaust and she fired on the first pull. Stalled and started on second and kept running. She is a little fat too, It is in the 40's when i did this. Gotta love those old jiffy's.   Steve

Offline trkyhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2012, 09:22 PM »
bought one of those nut crackers and it runs better than my buddies new augers. They keep borrowing mine. Wish it had replacable blades. Don't know if I want to buy a new drill assembly. Might see what I can do to modify the old one. just need to keep that angle.
Yes Virginia....Santa does ice fish

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2012, 10:07 PM »
Trkyhunter, I was in the same boat you're in... bought mine and the blade was almost non-existant.... Just cut it off with the grinder and bought a standard jiffy replacement blade... lined it up, and drilled some holes... bolts on, and works just fine.

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2012, 05:28 AM »
i still have the mod 30 my dad bought years ago great auger

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2012, 08:46 AM »
I'll replace my model 30 when it dies. I guess my next auger will fire a laser beam to cut the ice lol.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2012, 03:37 PM »
It is amazing how many of these augers you hear on the lake. It is what I remember most about fishing as a kid hearing that 30 from across the lake.
Fishin red lines

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Pulled the "one armed bandit" out and primed it till it dripped out exhaust and she fired on the first pull. Stalled and started on second and kept running. She is a little fat too, It is in the 40's when i did this. Gotta love those old jiffy's.   Steve

Jiffy's came out in 1951, the first couple years was powered byt a Clinton engine and changed to the Tecumseh engines shortly after. I have tried to research ours that we keep on display at our shop, Jiffy did not keep good records of their early years and therefore could not tell us what year exactly we got, she runs very loud and still is all original decals condition and paint, less the metal gas line was changed to a rubber hose. We Demo it at Derby's and is always a hoot  for the crowd. ( it will not win any auger races)
Marcel & Dylan Larose
559 minot ave (207) 783-0388

Offline trkyhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:13 AM »
Yeah that model thirty you can tell a mile away. Sounds like a harley,lol.
Yes Virginia....Santa does ice fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.