Author Topic: Made it out  (Read 1879 times)

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Made it out
« on: Dec 11, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Got on the ice with my open water fishing partner. First time ice fishing together. Ice was 4.5 inches thick and very clear. Partner got two perch and a gill, all small. I moved around a bit as i am prone to do. I ended up with one 11 inch crappie, one small gill, and two decent 10 inch perch. All still swimming. Needless to say we are both a little rusty. We kept it short fished for 2. 5 hours. Was nice to get out.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Made it out
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Makes me jealous.  Wont be out in my neck of the woods for a while, no ice now and probably none in the near future with temps on the rise.

Offline tylerg4

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Area 6 Fisheries Biologist
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2018, 01:07 PM »
I got out this morning in Champaign County for a couple hours.  Couple bluegills and a couple bass.  Had 2.5-3" of clear, black ice.  Hoping to get out again tomorrow morning before the rain.  They were eating good, all on plastics.

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Fished Sunday and Monday in the NW suburbs, caught plenty of gill and crappie. Think were going to lose our ice for a couple weeks
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Wow really jealous! Hopefully going to be pounding some barely legal eyes and chasing flags this weekend just over the border. If anyone wants to join shoot me a PM. Around Kenosha area is what I was planning

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2018, 09:51 PM »
I made it on the fox chain last Sunday. With this weather it is sure killing the ice. We had 5" in this spot. I'm sure it is significantly less and very unsafe now. My wife and I pounded 65 keepers in 2 hours. Most were between 10-11". Hope it gets cold again 

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2018, 09:56 PM »
Wow great job John. Definitely want to fish with ya this year. Maybe after the new year!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2018, 06:28 AM »
Nice pile of Crappie there John!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Thanks. Hope we get some stable ice sooner than later. I wouldnt mind meeting and fishing with some of the guys on here. Stay in touch and we can see if we can make something happen.

On the other hand I've had guys send me private messages trying to get my spots and wanting me to mark on a map where I catch my fish ! You can guess how accurate the information I gave them was.

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2018, 12:02 PM »
I'd be up for a meet! Lake Villa here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.