Author Topic: 1rst Salmon on our second attempt  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
1rst Salmon on our second attempt
« on: Feb 13, 2021, 08:24 PM »
My Son and I made the trek up

North Jersey this morning. This was our second time fishing the Lake. We caught pickerel in the back bowl on our first attempt. The lack of ice keep us in the back on this trip. We researched as much as we could and spoke with Andover Fish and Hunt. Our target fish was a Landlocked Salmon. We had a few flags go off through out the day. Around 11:00 am a rod on a homemade jaw jacker goes off and the fish was hooked. 16” Landlocked Salmon. We were thrilled with catch. We fished hard until 4:00, and made our way south. The fish ate a small fathead, about 5 feet down. We did have hits on medium shiners, but could not keep em tight. Heading back up the 2 hour ride tomorrow to Budd Lake with 2 daughters and son.

Offline mikejd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 1rst Salmon on our second attempt
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:01 AM »
Nice job. What lake did you find the Salmon. Aeroflex. How much ice.

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 1rst Salmon on our second attempt
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:11 PM »
Hi Mike,

Yes we were at Aeroflex. The ice is great. We have no concerns with the ice. I hope is sticks around a while. There was a lot of people out enjoying the lake. There was two groups of people just hiking around enjoying the day. Both groups that we saw hiking around came over and talked to us. They enjoyed seeing the fish we caught and even enjoyed watching us trying to caught addition fish. We had a father with his two sons fishing next to us, they caught a Salmon as well. Ice thickness is debatable, I would say more then 5 inches everywhere’s we looked. We had a great time, and meet some really cool people. That’s a win anyway you look at it.

Bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.