Author Topic: 3 years ago  (Read 737 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
3 years ago
« on: Oct 27, 2021, 09:42 AM »
Was a bit warmer than normal and we still had some safe ice already.

This year not so much. They haven't even started testing because it seems they can't walk on water.  :'(

Usually by now we have had one or two 6" dumps of snow and we have had a bunch of cold weather and lots of ice.
But not this year, temps are still above freezing and it is raining again.
As you can see, the lows are up where the highs should be for the next two weeks at least.  :'(

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 3 years ago
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2021, 05:20 AM »
I know, it's been awesome hasn't it? We have enjoyed the walleye and perch this fall with a few northerns. Yesterday was so beautiful, who would ever want ice fishing to hurry up and get here.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2021, 06:03 AM »
I live in NE Illinois. Also fish west of Green Bay WI. Warm temps in NW Territories does not bode well for me.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2021, 12:59 PM »
We are kind of in the same boat over here Drifter.  We’ve been getting a ton of snow but then it warms up and mostly melts.  We got 4 inches yesterday with highs in the 20’s and now it’s 40 above and blowing like crazy.  We have a nasty Chinook setting in with forecasted wind speeds over 80 mph and rain for the next few days.  The bright side is I checked the ten day forecast and we will both be starting to cool off later next week with highs in the teens.  I’m so ready for winter this summer crap weather can stay down south where it belongs.  Although it would be nice if Great Slave didn’t have 5 feet of ice when I get there in March, drilling with multiple extensions sucks.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2021, 07:38 PM »
OH, it'll still have 5 feet of ice in March. :roflmao:

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2021, 09:09 PM »
Haha I’m counting on.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.