Author Topic: new jersey ice  (Read 2573 times)

Offline gchis423

• IceShanty Rookie
new jersey ice
« on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:49 AM »
has anyone seen any ice this year in new jersey

Offline 1.21jiggawop

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new jersey ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:55 PM »
3" this morning at LH state park

Offline gchis423

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2021, 06:04 PM »
Getting there. Thanks. Hopefully this warm up won’t hurt too much

Offline Chrisper4694

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2021, 07:59 AM »
had 3.5" of hard black ice this weekend that thickened to 5" by tuesday/wednesday, we've been doing a lot of ice fishing and getting some nice fish... that was on a shallow 80 acre lake in sussex county... i'll post a report later here.... I honestly didn't think anyone used this forum anymore haha

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:08 PM »
We drove around and looked but only found a few spots way up north. I moved down to NJ 7 years ago and although ice fishing was part of my life, since then I haven’t been out many times. I really hoped to get back to it this year but the weather isn’t cooperating! Let’s hope things get better soon! Stay safe.

Offline gchis423

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2021, 07:07 PM »
 for the info.  i'm in central jersey and it's a drive to go checking.  thanks again  it's been a tough couple years

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

South Jersey here. Last week I drove to Sussex County looking for Ice. Areoflex had thin ice around the boat ramp, which meant we could not even cast there. Stokes Lake Ocquittunk side pool was frozen and had previously drilled holes frozen over. The main lake was not frozen through. Hope to get comfirmed Ice conditions here before driving the 2.5 hours for bad ice.

Bill

Offline Knotty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2021, 03:37 PM »
They've been skating since the weekend on some of my local lakes here in Morris County. These lakes have open water on one end but 3-4" of good ice in other sections. Not mentioning specifics since the lakes are private and there are always idiots who don't respect private property. But if there's ice here then there must be more around.

Offline HighEndHooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2021, 07:03 AM »
There was ice back in December, I got bit by my auger and ripped my foot open on Hopatcong on Dec 20th. Fished Budd Lake that day too. I’m in Maine fishing for burbot and trout right now, but hopefully I’ll be back out on Jersey ice this weekend

Offline Say When

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2021, 08:41 AM »
highendhooker,

ripping the foot does not sound fun. I use a manual auger so hopefully I will not do that. I hope you catch em up in maine......  My son and I are ready. If Jersey failed us with the ice we were going to head to Onieda or the finger lakes in New York. I wasn't looking forward to the drive, being we have to cram our trip in on the weekend. I was also thinking about Lake Ocquittunk, I do not know how many people fish on the ice up and if its even worth our time. We always catch a good variety at Hopatcong, and we meet some cool guys there as well.

Bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.