Author Topic: Trailer mod for hauling shanty?  (Read 432 times)

Offline Perch Sniper

• IceShanty Rookie
Trailer mod for hauling shanty?
« on: Oct 23, 2014, 11:51 PM »
I need some ideas from the DIY gurus out there: last year I added a snowmobile and a flat steel 4x8 utility trailer to haul it on. I just picked up a trekker deluxe which fits in the back of my Ford Freestyle but doesn't leave room for both kids so I'm wondering if anyone has modified a single place trailer to haul their sled and flip-over (by means of a rack, box, etc)?

Offline king hammer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Trailer mod for hauling shanty?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2014, 12:02 AM »
I have a 2man claim flip over and a articat m8 with a short box truck i built a table that is just higher than the hood on the same angle to hold the shelter it sit above the roof a little so im going to add a wind brake this yr works great for me can be tuff to load but im 6'5" hope this helps

Offline Raynestorm

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Trailer mod for hauling shanty?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2014, 09:59 PM »
If you have sides, I would weld L angle vertically at the two front corners at the height of just above the hood of the sled.  I would weld 2 more back from the front ones a little more than the width of the flip over. Make sure the top of the L angle clears the hood. Weld connecting L angles horizonally to top of each vertical. Now put expanded metal or treated plywood on top and fasten. You could also put treated plywood down the front to act as slush/snow block for your sled.  Now you can pull your sled in, then strap your shack on top of the shelf. All the material will be cheap. If you can not weld, a case of beer will get any friends or family in the mood to zap it up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.