Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

When did tip ups get so Expensive

(1/8) > >>

Bearseatfish:
I was just looking  To pick up some more  Jack traps for my boys.  They are 52 - 81 dollars now Before adding any modifications.  They are a good looking trap but I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to just buy some unfinished heritage Lakers and just  Stain and poly them myself....

RyanW:
You could make quite a few tip-ups out of a plank of hardwood and some small pieces of hardware. Might have to buy the spools and flags but even the flags shouldn’t be hard to make either. Felt, flat wire, and some staples. I say make your own and screw paying 50-80 bucks for about $3 worth of parts.

Baetis62:
Fleet Farm had Beaver Dam Jolly Rogers on sale for $35 earlier today.  I like the old ones but probably some good value at decent price.

Iceassin:
I have been using these for years...never had any issues and won't break the bank. I use the ETU-10 (black) with the larger spools. I did drill out the holes on the sticks a little larger to allow them to slide a little easier on the screws when setting up and taking down.

https://www.fishusa.com/product/HT-Enterprises-Fisherman-TipUp?utm_source=google_ps&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_ps&gclid=CjwKCAiAiuTfBRAaEiwA4itUqABh80Es9GCsI8cGbXwts9Inyj8V7OfPIPfihGsN5xm9sp_ioxW70hoCwQMQAvD_BwE

Mr.Seaguar:
People pay $100 for a fishing rod. A tipup catches fish in worse Conditions for many years. Even $80 sounds like a bargain if its quality equipment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version