The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Alice in Tomahawk?  (Read 665 times)

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Alice in Tomahawk?
« on: Jan 29, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Anyone familiar with this lake? I’m going up in two weeks, and would appreciate any information. I’ve been looking at maps, but can only find low quality hand drawn "bait shop" maps. I know there is a small tournament on the lake this weekend, and hope to gain a least little information from those results. I’ve read that it can be really tough fishing this time of year. I’m mainly a panfish guy, and REALLY want to get into some BIG crappie that are in there. But, also plan to set-out a few jawjackers to watch while drinking in the hub.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Lake Alice in Tomahawk?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Hmmm. Mighta just caught you. I've never been on Alice but (I'll say it here because of the demographics) I have it on great authority that it is sleeper musky water. Really just a wide spot in a river (Wisconsin). Be mindful of the current. Looking at some of the Googled pics there are some monster pike come from there. Might have to investigate that myself. As far as crappies go this time of year I'd look for the deepest water available and strain the basin.

Good luck to you and if you score please share it here.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.